[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are stealth games the most nu-male vidya genre? >I sure love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: nothingpersonnel.jpg (108KB, 450x347px) Image search: [Google]
nothingpersonnel.jpg
108KB, 450x347px
Are stealth games the most nu-male vidya genre?

>I sure love scampering behind enemies and attacking from behind like a little bitch, though ideally I would love to leave every enemy unharmed
>>
>>379497758
What's the best stealth game after Chaos Theory and why is it Styx 2?
>>
>>379497758
nu-males like cinematic action games with "BUTTON AWESOME" elements.
I imagine they want to feel powerful without having to put effort into it hence a preference for "BUTTON AWESOME"
>>
Tactical approach is a mark of real men it takes patience, wit and planning. Nu - males play things like Doom and Mortal Kombat because ''le fucking awesome gore lmao I wish my wife would let me out of my cuckshed XD''
>>
>>379498684

Slow patience, slow wit, and slow planning yes.
>>
>>379498073
That's a funny way to spell Splinter Cell Blacklist
>>
>>379499053
Fuck off with that Conviction 2.0 trash.
>>
it's the pleb filter patrician genre
>>
>Play stealth game
>Assess the situation, figure out the best route/course of action and execute at the right time
>Show off your extremely large brain by completing the puzzle in the hardest way possible e.g not just going pew pew pew

>Play OP's favourite game
>PUT CROSSHAIR ON ENEMY AND SHOOT!!!
>>
>>379499104
>implying Blacklist wasn't the best one since Chaos Theory though

Maybe not the best stealth game but definitely one of the best Operator Tacticool ones
>>
>>379498073
You know, everyone shits on Double Agent but it's a great stealth game. Most of the complaints I see have to do with the storyline, but the missions are well done and having to balance both side's objectives were a great way to mix things up
>>
>>379499264
It was a shitty waist high walls simulator, you tasteless faggot.
Play more games, maybe your taste improves then.
>>
Thief was the beginning and end of the genre.

MGS had its own niche but decided to be watered down Splinter Cell since MGS3

Hitman magically held strong though.
>>
>>379499560
I was never able to get very far in it due to the PC version having gamebreaking bugs which were not fixed to this day.
>>
>>379499560

The Xbox/PS2/Gamecube version of Double Agent is great. The PC/360/PS3 version less so.
>>
>>379499747
Gamebreaking bugs? I played through it on 360 when it released and have gotten about 50% through it again on PC, that's weird. I just checked the PCgamingwiki and there are apparently unfixed things, that sucks
>>
>>379499873
Okay, but why? Everyone parrots that statement, but never backs it up very far. Can you explain your reasoning beyond "it's more like CT" or "the story isn't as good"?
>>
>>379499115
>PUT CROSSHAIR ON ENEMY
Too hard, OP only plays with auto-aim
>>
>>379498073
Styx was really good, but for some reason I can't remember I gave up on it with only about 3 levels left.
i was going for no kills, no seen playthrough and collecting all relics.
i don't know If I could get back into it.
>>
>>379499892
Objective objects not appearing, alams getting triggered randomly, falling through map, crashes.
All sorts of shit.
Fucking shanghai division, these monkeys already butchered Pandora Tomorrow port which luckily works nowadays after extensive community reverese engineering.
>>
>>379499621
you seem upset about this
>>
Assuming this isn't bait:

If the enemies aren't real, what the fuck difference does it make how you kill them? Does it really make you feel like a big man taking virtual enemies head on?
>>
>>379499264
Blacklist was a good game, sure, but it's dumb action shit rather than a pure stealth game
>>
>>379500202
Not him but who wouldn't be upset about a series you like turning out the way SC did?
>>
>>379500202
I am very upset indeed.
A great stealth series got ruined for the sake of CoD children money.
>>
>>379500289
>>379500292
The wounds are still fresh for me too, anons
I miss classic SC
>>
>>379499678
Because I don't really consider Hitman they same kind of stealth like Thief is, for example. Hitman is more of a dynamic puzzle you have to solve.
>>
File: IMG_0429.jpg (80KB, 411x381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0429.jpg
80KB, 411x381px
>>379499115
Beat me to it
>>
>>379497758
>though ideally I would love to leave every enemy unharmed

Wrong.

I absolutely adore being able to completely wipe out everyone on a level. Like a serial killer from a horror movie that moves through the house killing people one by one until eventually there's only 1-2 people left, and they're wondering why this active place suddenly feels so empty and lifeless. Because it is.
>>
>>379497758
>Golly, one man against an entire base! I sure love playing as an overpowered gorilla-man who can kill everything in sight without any tension or strategy.
>>
>>379500019
6th gen version was developed by Montreal, which is why it resembled older SC games. The reasons why the 7th gen version isn't good is because it's buggy and pretty much not as refined as the older, Montreal developed games.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.