[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like this game goes to shit after the third

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

File: hqdefault.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
Does anyone else feel like this game goes to shit after the third boss, especially after security stars showing up everywhere? Any enemy holding the electric staff can oneshot you easily and defence means nothing
It was really having fun but now I'm only still playing because I've invested too much time to not see the ending
>>
>>379491443
Bump
Seriously, am I the only one having a problem with the damage output of enemies in the late game
It's fucking garbage, I hate the term usually but this is literally artificial difficulty
>>
>something I cannot handle
>this is literally artificial difficulty

Well done faggot, you are now "that guy"
>>
the security guys are fine
its the double staff attack thats killing you instantly i bet

it will be more forgiving after you get better upgraded armor and more health
>>
>>379491443
Get better health implants.

Also implants that give health on cut limbs are useful as fuck

I have one 20% and 2 10%s. So on every kill I get 40% of my max health back.

Side note, Ironman armor is broken as fuck. Costs 0 energy and has the best defense rating in game with no downsides
>>
>>379492362
*Ironmaus
>>
>Ghost in the Machine Achievement
>>
>>379491443
If you don't need their armor or weapons just attack their unarmored limbs. It staggers them and does more damage.

Chest is the strongest body part, don't attack it unless you need the armor

Don't spam if you can't kill quickly. Do hit and run. Dash in, do a hit or two and dash out.

Think Bloodborne, play fast.

If you find heavy weapons are too slow wear armor with attack speed buffs.

You can swing the great hammers pretty fast with the right gear
>>
>>379491443
>Does anyone else feel like this game goes to shit after the third boss

i feel like it goes to shit the second it starts
>>
>>379492249
You're a faggot, never said I couldn't handle it, just that it's bullshit
>>379492318
I have the most defence I can possibly have at this point without switching to slow armour which I refuse to do simply because I shouldn't have to>>379493179
Well duh, but having to stunlock every enemy to death or risk getting killed instantly if they get one attack in is just bullshit

I honestly hadn't thought of stacking the health upgrades because that seems like the lamest goddamn shit in the universe, why even give me so many slots if I have to use most of them on the same thing to make the game not a pile of crap
>>
>>379491443
>thiny rooms with hyper aggressive enemies
>every room has billion enemies
>flamethrower and those other cuck unfun enemy
>>
>>379494464
>You're a faggot, never said I couldn't handle it, just that it's bullshit

That's just another way of pussing out without admitting your own failures.
>>
>>379495404
I don't see how, I'm still going to be the game, I'm currently doing it and alt-tabbing out the call you a bitch
But when enemies who are no different from other enemies start doing 5x more damage, that's artificial difficulty and you not seeing that doesn't make you "hardcore" or whatever you think of yourself as, it makes you an idiot
>>
>>379494464
You DON'T have to, you just are not good enough obviously.

I did a full playthrough in heavy gear with heavy weapons and another in light gear with light weapons

If you find the security are impossible to beat you are not going to stand a chance against the Nanobot monsters
>>
>>379497069
>I don't see how

By bitching about it online hoping for a few courtesy dick sucks about how others agree with you.

When enemies start doing more damage, that's a fucking sign that you need to fucking dodge better. Or avoid damage. Or whatever the fuck you do in this game to not suck a fat dick.
>>
>>379497069
Here's a tip for video games that have enemies that do lots of damage

Don't get hit
>>
>>379497069
>But when enemies who are no different from other enemies start doing 5x more damage

Yes anon, they should keep doing the same pitiful damage they do at the start of the game despite you putting on better armour and points into health. That sounds like a great idea. Retard.
>>
File: 1462955978984.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1462955978984.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>OP getting BTFO
>>
>>379492362
>get better health implants
>JUST GET MORE OF THOSE CORE POWER UPGRADES
Literally the dumbest shit. You have to grind for this shit.

The Surge fucking blows. It's terrible. It has zero redeeming qualities. It doesn't deserve to be on store shelves.
>>
>>379498024
>I should be able to beat the game at level 1!

This is bait isn't it? I'm being baited
>>
>Wear better armor and health implants
>I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE A TANK TO WIN

>Okay, then play light and avoid attacks
>I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO AVOID ATTACKS TO WIN!

Then what the fuck do you want?
>>
>>379498221
Well he probably can, if he wasn't OP and a big fat faggot who can't play videogames for shit.
>>
>>379498441
Theres balance.

If you're getting one shot, it doesn't matter if you're light as heck, since dodging is sluggish as fuck.

If you're a tank, you're slow as fuck, and can't dodge, so your extra HP barely matters.

These would be reasonable alternatives in a good game, but the surge is just a sluggish mess.
>>
>>379498603
Are you playing with a steering wheel or something? Dodging attacks is easy as hell in this game. You dash like 6 feet nearly instantly with I-frames

Hell it's easier than Bloodborne dodging

You also move at the same speed no matter your armor, you just use more stamina with heavy. But one dodge is all you need to get away from an enemy
>>
>OP struggles to beat normal enemies
>Meanwhile

https://youtu.be/0EmJjVQ7q3o?t=62
>>
>>379498603
>dodging is sluggish as fuck
Alright John what fucking game are you playing?

Use the elite hazard gear, heavy weapon of your choice, target an unarmored part and slide attack into vertical combo.

I'm not saying this is ideal, it's just what I'm using and I want to know how different it can possibly be for you.
>>
>>379497164
>impossible
What is with you fuckers and assuming I'm saying I can't do this, do you really need to feel good about yourselves that badly? I came here because i was frustrated and wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience in their game
At no point have the enemies caused me any long lasting stoppages or issues, I can just recognise when a developer has run out of ways to make their game harder so they step up the damage in lieu of good design
>>379497182
See above dickhead
>>379497626
Are you people retarded? Because the game is beatable it's okay that the enemies suddenly turn into game-length padding versions of themselves?
>>379497286
No shit? Really? I didn't realise, I'll stop letting them hit me, holy shit games are easy now
>>
>>379499849
>Because the game is beatable it's okay that the enemies suddenly turn into game-length padding versions of themselves?

No but that's not what you're complaining about now, is it? If what you are writing isn't what you mean, then you should probably learn English a little more.
>>
>>379491443
It feels like stacking defense doesnt do shit - things that oneshot you will still do so, you need to learn to dodge. In the end i never found armor better than starting light one which has nice bonuses on attack speed and stamina and doesnt consumes lot of power.
>>
>>379499993
You're an idiot, the enemy damage spiking up ridiculously is what I was talking about the entire time, what else did you think I meant? That the enemies became too tricky for me with their complex moves? The combat in this game is basic as fuck but it was better before the only even slightly efficient way to deal with enemies became to dash attack and then stunlock or dash attack and retreat, rinse, repeat
>>
>>379500148
Best armor in game easily is Ironmaus

It's pretty easy to get too and you can get it like 40% through the game.

Zero core cost alone makes it by far best armor set
>>
>>379500148
Yeah I tried out the Gorgon and Cerberus sets for a little bit but the fact that the increased defence was barely noticeable made me go back to the Lynx for the Attack Speed bonus
>>
>>379500225
You sure are dumb anon.
>>
>>379500225
This is what Deck 13 doesn't fucking get. Dark Souls wasn't hard because of damage numbers. It's hard because you have to adapt to it from these fucking things that devs have put into your head for teh past generation.

Deck 13 thinks difficulty = if you get hit, restart. Which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>379500327
It also has a mix of stats from different sets

Helmet makes Drone attacks 50% cheaper

Arms give 10% Impact each with no speed drop

And legs give better run stamina
>>
>>379500398
I would honestly rather that be true, I would rather it just be that I'm an idiot and I'm missing something than that this game went from the mediocre side of pretty good to garbage half way through
Maybe I'll watch an LP and see what's up
>>
>>379499849
>I came here to see if anyone else had a similar experience in their game
>what the fuck do you mean no one did you guys are all faggots clearly you're lying everyone's wrong but me
>>
>>379491443
Git gud scrub
>>
>>379500524
Well dying quicker IS part of difficulty. Are you stupid anon?

>>379500648
Nobody is arguing against the game being garbage here anon. Just your dumb reasoning for it.
>>
>>379500667
To be honest it seems like quite a few people agreed with me, I just didn't directly address them because they didn't immediately start calling me an incompetent idiot for not agreeing with them

My problem isn't that they disagree with me, it's that they're cunts
>>
>>379500778
>It's shit
>Well anon, that's just your opinion, tell us why the game is shit
>reasons
>Your reasons are dumb, we all know the game is shit but you're wrong
Literally you right now.
>>
File: d18.jpg (24KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
d18.jpg
24KB, 500x281px
>Have two 20% health regen of executions implants
>Have two 10%s as well
>Wearing the Chrysalis set
>Get almost 100% health back every kill

Feels good never using healing items ever
>>
>>379500778
>Well dying quicker IS part of difficulty. Are you stupid anon?
Not him but fuck you, do you honestly think damage and health are the things that really matter in terms of difficulty? If so please kill yourself, we don't need you
>>
>>379500648
Maybe you should finish the game before making those claims
>>
>>379501000
Lmao, the first two didn't happen.

It was just "Its shit because reasons" and now you are getting blasted for those reasons.

>>379501078
Learn to read, faggot. "is part of" doesn't mean the only things that matter.
>>
File: Stock-photo-15716022-crying-man.jpg (43KB, 380x253px) Image search: [Google]
Stock-photo-15716022-crying-man.jpg
43KB, 380x253px
>That horrible feeling when you find Maddy the second time

I didn't ask for this dammit
>>
>>379500939
>Abloo-bloo why aren't people nice to me
wrong site, friendo
>>
>>379491443
i liked this game but yes, the Cerberus boss is total bullshit and the game gradually slopes down in care and quality towards the end, it's still a solid and enjoyable game though
>>
>>379500778
People like you should be locked up and forced to beat Dark Souls with every enemy given 10x health and you locked at 1HP before you're let out
Inflating damage and health is literally the definition of artificial difficulty, it's not actually harder it just takes longer and one mistake is punished by having to start again
>>
>>379492362
>Ironmaus armor
But it's fucking ugly.

Gotta have my Fashion Surge
>>
>>379492105
Make v2 and v3 armors. Press right on the right control stick in gear creation.
>>
>>379491443
You know you can (and probably should) just ignore all the security stuff and run past them, right? At least when you're back to Production B and about to enter the last section. But even before you can just run past most of them and it isn't like Souls shit where they never stop following you.

And if the game is too hard for you, you are doing something wrong: Use your fucking Drone properly.

Literally shits on all Souls games combined in almost every way.
>>
>>379501108
Tomorrow, it's 3 in the morning here and just got inside the nucleus
I know you're not actually anybody but I'm gonna say it to you anyway
These last few areas are terrible, just fucking terrible, you either ran out of ideas or time or money or the will to make a good game but whatever it was you fucked up the last half of this game (or at least from Big Sister up to the Nucleus) royally, I gave you the benefit of the doubt after LotF but after this anyone with any sense should write you off as a terrible dev team who don't deserve another game
>>
>>379501619
>Defence
>Making any significant difference whatsoever
You're joking right
>>
>>379501685
I noticed a lot of people never use the Drone. It's really useful if you build around it

I have armor that gives me 50% of Drone use and I have an implant that stores enough energy that I always can use a Drone power at the start of a fight

Like use the pull power to grab an enemy to me, which stuns him long enough that I can do a full combo
>>
>>379501773
Ever heard of time constraints?
>>
>>379501108
If you're actually with Deck 13 what the fuck goes on in your studio's mind?

>lets copy dark souls
>oh, except lets have a main character instead of a character creator
>oh yeah, lets do nothing with them
>here's a premise with a cool opening cutscene that has nothing to do with the game
>copy the worst aspect of FROM's games
>don't get why they work
>inflate damage numbers
>put in various one hit kills
>make "builds" be a thing despite having zero need for them

Seriously, I wanted The Surge to be good. It's literally lords of the fallen 2.0, where you've broken it even more.
>>
>>379501512
I personally like it. Also it replaces hit sound effects with cartoon comic book style smack sounds which for some reason makes hitting enemies really satisfying
>>
File: 20170520083336_1.jpg (322KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170520083336_1.jpg
322KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>379501918
I understand the rigours of making a game, not as well as someone who has actually worked on one but as well as I can
But a shorter game is better than a padded game, you should know that
If you actually had anything to do with the development of the game I apologise for the last sentence of my previous post, it was hyperbole, you improved dramatically from LotF and some of the story details in this game were legitimately fantastic, just.. don't try and make up for your shortcomings with artificial difficulty, especially towards the end of a game, it leaves the player (or at least those players that care about these things) with a bad taste in their mouths and a feeling of having wasted their time on a game they are no longer enjoying
>>
>>379502280
I didn't even bother beating Rogue Process. I literally just stopped playing after like 3 attempts.
>>
>>379502280
Same person
I just wanted to note, in case you are actually on the Deck13 Team, some of the aspects of your game that had to do with the blending of story into gameplay were great, if you do make another one please keep up that sort of thing, it really makes the world feel good and the story feel important
>>
>>379499849
You are awfully salty bro
>>
>>379502715
I really am
I was looking forward to this game for quite a while and I was enjoying it for a really long time
It's like I was building closer and closer to orgasm and then about 70% of the way there my dick got slapped by an angry badger
>>
>>379501918
>ever heard of time constraints
I only ever hear developers bitching about this if they have negative reviews.

Good developers know what's important. Good developers know how to develop within their time constraints. Good developers know what to focus on.

You focus on the beginning. You make the first 2-3 hours really good because realistically, that's all like 75% of your playerbase will ever experience.

Then you finish strong. You need to have a strong ending because it's the last bit people will have before talking about your game, or reviewing it, or recommending it to friends. If you've got a shit ending (you did) it marrs the whole fukcing things.

Also
>5 fucking boss fights
Get real. You guys just jerked off all day.
>>
>>379501446
>literally the definition of artificial difficulty
>>
>>379501918
My main points for your next game (which given your rate of improvement I am ironically looking forward to)
These are all obviously subjective personal notes
1, THe fact that every weapon in the same class has the same basic moveset is incredibly disappointing and the fact that there us a clear standout in each class is equally so, try and make it so your weapons are fairly evenly powered but with more varied movesets
2. Giving enemies access to ranges weapons without giving the player the same is both frustrating and annoying, it doesn't matter if the player uses them or not, the option itself is important
3. Having a named and set MC is fine but you need to make them important if you are going to do that, the MC in The Surge is forgettable to the point where I honestly do not remember his name

Other than that, and of course the health and damage padding, you made a really good game
I hope you get another one
>>
>>379503389
If you have a problem with that statement you should be able to tell me why
>>
One thing I wish the game had armor that covered the whole body

Scarab armor is like the only set in the game with full chest
>>
>>379503841
*unironically
Fuck me
>>
>>379503926
>you should be able to tell me why

You are a literal retard who has no idea what words mean. Difficulty is not artificial, retard, and can NEVER be artificial. Even if you think it's bullshit padding, that just makes it bullshit padding rather than artificial.

Just kill yourself.
>>
>>379504162
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FakeDifficulty
That's where you're wrong, faggot
>>
>>379491443
>enemy holding the electric staff
If you get hit by their oneshot combo, you deserve to die honestly.
Its the most easy to dodge.
>>
>>379504162
How can anyone be this dumb
Artificial Difficulty is a term used to mean "difficulty that is achieved by cheap methods", at least by those who use it properly
Of course difficulty itself cannot be anything other any just difficulty but when you're trying to talk about the kind of effect achieved by padding it's the correct term
The fact that I have to explain this to you should be very embarrassing
>>
>>379504451
>Defending artificial difficulty
This isn't fucking Hotline Miami, retard
>>
>>379504408
Holy shit, and to further prove his retardation and stupidity, he links me to a fucking tvtropes article.

>>379504479
>Artificial Difficulty is a term used

By retards, yes. Regardless of what they MEAN by it, if what they WRITE is fucking retarded, then they are still retards because they can't even properly communicate.

I'm sure the fucking imbecilic grunting that you subhumans generally engage in with each other allows you to communicate your abortive ideas and pathetic concepts, but if you don't want to sound like a fucking neanderthal, you should learn to speak the English language.
>>
>>379504451
Their 'one shot combo' is a single move with almost no startup that puts you in a stun state where you cannot escape or heal before the second hit
Sorry I wasn't using a bunch of health increasing implants that are the only way to live through that move but I didn't need them before the game got bullshit
>>
File: 1495861523244.jpg (956B, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1495861523244.jpg
956B, 125x112px
>>379504479
>difficulty that is achieved by cheap methods

lmao, actually defending scrubthink
>>
>>379504705
>Here is a site with proof refuting your retardation
>LEL DOESN'T COUNT
Put the goalposts down, faggot
>>
>>379504808
I was using 1 health implant for the entire game.
This attack is ridiculously slow and the enemies in question cant do anything if you hit them first.
There are way harder/more annoying enemies in the game, I legit dont get this complaint.
>>
>>379504705
>By retards, yes. Regardless of what they MEAN by it, if what they WRITE is fucking retarded, then they are still retards because they can't even properly communicate.
>New terms are stupid if they don't make sense within the confines of the way the individual words within it were used before
Just go away, I don't have the energy to argue with the type of subhuman intellects that argue for the purity of a language bastardised from at least 4 different roots
>>
>>379504987
The funny thing is about that website is that none of it actually defends the use of your stupid little buzzword.
>>
>>379505024
Maybe you're just better at the game than me?
I mean, I'm fairly sure I'm not bad at it but I don't think I'm the best, my problem is that before I beat Big Sister I was having a good time with enemies that were manageably difficult and afterwards pretty much any mistake I made resulted in me restarting from the spawn point
>>
Isn't this game supposed to be like a modern Dark Souls? Why do you complain? Get good.
>>
>>379505028
>New terms are stupid

Especially if they are literal nonsense, yes.

>i don't have the energy

Because you're a dumb fuck.
>>
>>379505159
So you're saying the things specified in that article are acceptable game design choices?
>>379504926
lmao, actually being a moron who doesn't understand the difference between good and bad design
>>
File: laughs.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
laughs.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>379505369
>So you're saying the things specified in that article are acceptable game design choices?

How does somebody so stupid manage to find their way here?
>>
>>379505758
>ad hominem
Here's your last (you), retard
>>
>>379505258
>B-but language isn't a constantly evolving area where things previously considered ridiculous become common parlance all the time
>Things can't change because I don't like it waaah
Language purists actually believe that oxymoronic concepts and terms aren't viable
The only purpose of words is to describe, them being 'nonsense' if they accurately describe is something that only idiots think
If I say 'artificial difficulty' and you know what I'm talking about then it's viable language
>>
>>379505758
You're right, those are some good reasons that stupid and lazy design decisions are acceptable
You really made a good argument there
>>
I wish Surge was popular enough to get a sequel. I greatly enjoyed the game, currently on my 3rd playthrough.

I'm not going to say its flawless, of course it isn't. But I had great fun.

Sadly I don't see a Surge 2 coming, but if it did I'd love to see an online function of some kind.

Co-op would be wonderful. Not even Souls style, even just classic start a game with a friend and go
>>
So what's a good way to deal with the final boss? That fuckblob is huge, yet is substantially more nimble than you. The best way I've figured out so far is going back from claws to the Pax and dash attacking into the limbs. That gets me to the second phase sometimes, but I haven't found a good strategy against that fuck yet. Can you stunlock him like Black Cerberus with your drone?
>>
>>379507195
You can stunlock Black Cerberus? I just beat him buy hitting him twice at the end of every combo and then dashing out
>>
>>379507321
I just tried siccing the drone on him the first time I fought him and he ragdolled across the room. Since one hit with the Pax means almost enough energy for two drone strikes, I just went with that.
>>
>>379507594
I should have tried that, I tried the slowing ice thing and the magnet but I didn't try the damage causers
>>
Police dudes are really easy with single-handed weapons. Just dash into them and double hit, they will stagger most of the times (if you target head they won't even hit you once with maxed weapon). Repeat till they're dead.
>>
>>379505949
>isn't a constantly evolving area where things previously considered ridiculous become common parlance all the time

Yes anon, and gardens become overgrown and disgusting if you leave them unkempt.

You're just trying to excuse your laziness to speak proper English as its "evolution". Pathetic.
>>
File: 1484632085824.jpg (118KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484632085824.jpg
118KB, 768x1024px
>>379505949
>if they accurately describe

But the thing is that artificial difficulty accurately describes nothing lol.

>if I grunt like a retarded faggot and point to a picture on a wall then it's viable language

lmao
>>
>>379510270
I agree artificial difficulty is over used, but it's often apt.

I wanna be the guy is the prime example. It's excessive. It's not fair, but it doesn't hide that.

Getting one hit killed from an attack that looks like a standard rush isn't fun. It's not fair. The Surge tries to give you justifications, and reason why it's OK to have this, but it's just bullshit to bloat the run time and force you to take multiple attempts because of the "genres" pedigree.
>>
>>379491443
I forgot this game even existed.
>>
>>379510473
>but it's often apt

ARTIFICIAL

DIFFICULTY

What about the difficulty is fucking artificial anon? Fair? How does something being FAIR make something NOT artificial?
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.