[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the Pokemon announcement end the myth that the Switch will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (70KB, 983x496px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
70KB, 983x496px
Ever since the announcement of the Switch people have been saying that Nintendo will combat the droughts that plagued its past systems by having handheld and console developers make games for 1 system instead of two.

Nintendo has never said this would be the case but it has been long held as fact by much of the pro nintendo gaming community

So Yesterday we get a announcement of new Pokemon games that are NOT coming to the switch

The question is in the title.
>>
>>379468738
It's more a case of not killing the cash cow that is the 3DS early.
Getting rid of the WiiU was like clubbing a cancerous baby seal on his death bed, but the 3DS persists and keeps selling and selling software, so for now it is the replacement of the WiiU.
For now:
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/20/new-pokmon-switch-horizon-game-freak-recruiting-console-project/
That's gamefreak, not hal, not platinum, not any sort of third party, gamefreak themselves hiring 3D modellers to work on the next pokemon game, and they want people that can do models on the level of the WiiU.

So, the "handheld move" will happen in 1-2 years tops.
>>
No. Iwata said the systems AFTER the 3DS and the Wii U would be unified. The Switch was never planned to have a unified library with the 3DS, only what comes after it.
>>
>>379468738
Black and White 2 came out when the 3DS was already out
This isn't a new thing.
>>
>>379469281
I was checking those exact numbers and indeed B&W2 got released jun 2012, while the 3DS got released at feb 2011.
And the first pokemon for the 3DS came at oct 2013

Which if we're repeating the story, would mean 2019 for the first switch pokemon.
>>
>>379468738
they are not killing 3DS till Switch has completely set roots.
>>
what nigger forum does the pic in op hail from

trey songs, guwop, and a fucking kanye shrug

o lawd
>>
>>379468738
Nigga, do you even know what a game engine is?
They already released Sun/Moon, the engine work is done. They're reusing the engine that they've already worked so hard on for Ultra Sun/Moon. It's already there, why not use it to make a definitive version?

Wait until the next entry in the series is announced before dismissing the unified library theory.
>>
>>379469941
narutoforums
>>
Actually, i think there will be even another pair of pokemon games for the 3DS.

Main gamefreak team is working at the switch engine, while the secondary map maker team is clobbering the ultra sun/ultra moon games, and when they finish, according to the tick tack tock strategy of GF, they will start to map hack a remake of pokemon DP, while main GF will still work on the switch version.
Then they release it, and start to work on the next version of the engine and so forth.
2018 gets the remakes, 2019 gets the switch pokemon, 2020 gets the switch pokemon 2 remix boogaloo and 2021 gets pokemon B&W remake.
>>
>selling a potential 10 million sales game on a 3 million sales console
You guys are insane
>>
>>379470195
nope, try again
>>
>>379470257
I will be so fucking mad if USUM still have a shit postgame because they rushed it out to release a DP remake next year. USUM already has a much shorter dev time than Platinum and BW2.
>>
>>379469160
What you're saying makes no sense, or you're not articulating yourself very well.

How is the Switch not the system AFTER the 3DS and Wii U?

I believe the subject of discussion here is that the new Ultra S/M games should have gone straight to the Switch and not been 3DS titles at all.

It should be receiving games that are developed by studios / teams that previously only made 3DS games as well as those who only made Wii U games.

The 6 year old 3DS should be put to bed. Yes it printed money. That was because of the library.
They should now be pushing the equivalent of that library to the Switch to make that the new money machine.
People's point has been that if the new Pokemon game was developed and announced for Switch, then sales would have shot up through the roof.
We'd also have a more powerful platform to run these games on.
>>
>>379472501
>People's point has been that if the new Pokemon game was developed and announced for Switch, then sales would have shot up through the roof.
All it would do is make the Switch scarcer than it already is.
Maybe when the Switch has 10 million under its belt then we can revisit this conversation
>>
>>379472853
It's scarce in the states indeed, but there is a surplus in Europe.

The market over here is just as big. More decent titles would sell more units.

I know at least 5 people who are planning on getting one once there is a big game for it that's not already on Wii U / 3DS. A large portion of the potential playerbase are simply holding off for now.
>>
>>379473192
Europe only likes FIFA. No FIFA no buy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.