[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the ideal Metroid concept, a third person shooter with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
This is the ideal Metroid concept, a third person shooter with simple dodge controls. Why can't we have a Metroid game like this except not a mini-game? It's straightforward and can't go wrong. I'm not big on Metroid but this was the most fun I've had with a Metroid game.
>>
Other M is good.
>>
Science Fiction Third-Person Shooters with Dodge Controls exist though. You know, OTHER GAME.

Metroid doesn't have anything worth holding on to. The lore isn't deep enough to give a shit about, same with the characters. You're holding on to a brand that was built by better people than currently work at whatever the shitstain that is Nintendo's development team(s) are calling themselves nowadays. Not to mention Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about Metroid beyond how well they can market it.
>>
metroid blast was fun for what it was
>>
>>379466076

If you played Metroid Blast you would know it hardly plays like Other M. Other M was hardly a shooter, you didn't aim your shots outside of the first person mode, and dodging was simply pressing a button on the d-pad at the right time. It was an action game that had very little to do with aiming and shooting.
>>
Metroid is much more stylized and attached to it's atmosphere than the other franchises are. The FPS/sidescroller genres are pretty much the best way one could go with that.
>>
>>379466538
I kinda agree with this. I'd love for Metroid to be a third-person shooter, so I could actually see Samus' sweet power suits most of the time, but I'm fine with it being in first-person as well. Plus we've made advancements in FP gameplay, so you could probably have shit like the Speed Booster in first-person, plus classic Metroid game, like wall-jumping and shit like how Mirror's Edge did it. Nintendo needs to just care.
>>
>>379468086

screw attack and walljumpingw orkedw ell in metroid prime 2
>>
>>379468319
But you could have a more organic gameplay mechanic with wall-jumping the way Mirror's Edge and other platformers do it, by having you wall-jump off of any wall. This could do wonders not only for level design, but for speedrunning and sequence breaking. It might add a lot of depth to the game instead of just, "Walljump here and only here, 'k?"

While we're at it, I wouldn't mind it if the Screw Attack were reworked a little bit as well. Same with the Space Jump. They could give us multiple jumps or a hover jetpack like how Pharah controls in Overwatch or even give me something like D.Va's boosters there. There's a lot they could do, really.
>>
>>379465669
The NES game is the ideal concept
>>
third person is a concession to handheld controllers

on a PC, the best metroid game has to be first person or sidescrolling, there is no other option

on a console, third person is tolerable, not desirable, and intro level twitch rolling is garbage, and has nothing to do with metroid, nor is it commonly found in good games
>>
>>379466538
This
>>
While i'd LOVE a 3ps metroid, i'm sure a lot of the fans would be angry.
>>
If surf maps work and games like tribes work, then I want a mouse-and-keyboard designed first person Metroid with speed booster.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.