[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm just about to beat Deus Ex for the first time, and this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-Dxinvwar.jpg (33KB, 250x358px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dxinvwar.jpg
33KB, 250x358px
I'm just about to beat Deus Ex for the first time, and this game is pretty great. I hear Invisible War is pretty meh, tho. Is it worth playing?
>>
File: 345345345.jpg (86KB, 496x921px) Image search: [Google]
345345345.jpg
86KB, 496x921px
>>379463732
No. Skip to Deus Ex: HR
>>
>>379463732
Actually, yeah. The short maps and the consolized menus are kind of annoying, but there's a great game in there somewhere.
>>
>>379463828
What's so bad about it? Also, unrelated but the cover art is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>379463732

It not as bad as /v/ makes it out to be, just play through it. It is short enough game anyways. I enjoyed playing through it. Wasn't "SUPER GREAT" but wasn't "OMFG HOW FUCKING TERRIBLE! t. /v/irgins" either
>>
Also, how's Human Revolution? I hear a lot of praise for it, but I can't imagine many of the people who like it played the original. How does it stack up?
>>
>>379464251
Look, just play both, they're good games.
>>
File: 1485910880757.png (796KB, 970x723px) Image search: [Google]
1485910880757.png
796KB, 970x723px
>>379463945
Like other posters have said, it's not completely trash, but it's not a "Deus Ex" quality game. I guess if you're a NEET who has nothing but time, play it, but if you're looking for good games to play I would give it a pass. Deus Ex, Deus Ex: HR, and Deus Ex: MD surpass Deus Ex: IW in a way that makes IW seem completely out of place. I'll put it this way: it was so bad, they made a prequel instead of a sequel for the reboot.

Also it butchers the canon (imo).
>>
>>379463732
play it. It's bad compared to deus ex. Still an excellent game with some very good locations and a good story.
>>
>>379464108
>Wasn't "SUPER GREAT" but wasn't "OMFG HOW FUCKING TERRIBLE! t. /v/irgins" either
Literally everyone who worked on the game including JC Denton him fucking self says the game is shit. I don't know why you want to pretend it's just some meme that Invisible War is a bad game when almost everyone agrees unanimously that it sucks. The best praise I have ever heard for the game was that the story was kind of interesting in how it follows the first game but everything else sucks.
>>
>>379463732

It's worth playing and is about as good as HR was.

It's just IW was released during the golden age so everyone shit on it, but HR was released during the era of shitty casualization so everyone praised it.
>>
>>379464548

>Devs try to pander to players and say their last game is shit honestly we have learned from the mistakes PLEASE BUY OUR NEXT GAME DON'T ABANDON US

IW is a good game. I had fun with it. If I am having fun with a game. It's good. I don't give a shit what the devs thinks of his own work.

Protip. Almost all creators hate their own work. Even stuff that is beloved by millions, the creator probably secretly hates it and see's every flaw and knows a million ways of how it could be better and he just see's a personal failure there.
>>
>>379465639
>we have learned from the mistakes PLEASE BUY OUR NEXT GAME DON'T ABANDON US
Except for the whole thing where that argument is fucking retarded because they stopped making games and no one on that team worked on the new Deus Ex you fucking retard.
>>
>>379465703

That doesn't disprove my argument. It just means that even pandering and trying to get the fanbase to not hate them, they failed and went out of business.
>>
>>379464423
>t was so bad, they made a prequel instead of a sequel for the reboot.
The ending didn't exactly leave things open for a sequel. You'd know this if you had played it, but then, you wouldn't be pretending it was a bad game.
>>
>JC died after DX1
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.