[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.kickstarter.com/project s/owlcatgames/pathfinder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: kino.png (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
kino.png
1MB, 960x540px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker

looks like isometrickino is back in the menu boys
>>
>>379454516
Would rather just play Pathfinder with my friends instead of playing a game that will never capture it's glory.
>>
>>379454739
Well it is Kingmaker so it has no where to go but up in vidya form
>>
>>379456219
Debatable.
>>
>>379456313
I fully expect it to be just another shitty iso-rpg revival but it'll unload all the economy management sim shit off a DM and back into a vidya format where it makes sense.
>>
>>379454739

This argument can be made about any vidyaRPG ever made which had pen&paper backround
>>
So does the pathfinder take place in the same universe with DnD since it derives from 3.5? Or is it doing its own thing?
>>
Man I want to get into all these isometric RPGs but I just can't. The only one I've ever finished was Fallout 1. Tried Divinity and I enjoy it a lot but after a few hours I get so fucking bored, not to talk about how much time it takes to do that first quest. Tried PoE and mobs fucked me in the ass.

Guess it's just not for me, no matter how much I want to like it
>>
>>379459427

You played shitty ones. Go play Planescape: Torment.
>>
>>379458997

Own thing. Paizo could only blatantly rip off the mechanics behind the 3.X game thanks to the OGL, not its settings and certain aspects.

Let's see... Golarion makes Forgotten Realms look good. That's how fucking stupid and shitty it is. It's a kitchen sink not unlike Faerun but without any of the charm.

The fact that people still play Pathfinder baffles me. The system sucks, the setting sucks, and now they're making a fucking Kickstarter game based off of it.

Remember the last Pathfinder game they tried to make? Either you do or you don't; long story short, though, it got funded but the end result was mindbogglingly bad.

So this'll be more of the same I'm sure.
>>
>more DND shit
>Chris "Overrated Hack" Avellone
in what universe do people think trying to be Obsidian-lite is a good idea?
>>
SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS
>>
>>379454516
Another isometric RPG kickstarter? Hmmm...will it have SJW or tranny drama? Gotta keep up with those traditions after all.
>>
>>379459835

Planescape has good story but goddamn that combat sucks ass so bad it should have been remade in the enchanced version than just making it prettier
>>
>probably can only play a human or elf
>all companions thus far look human and elven with obligatory black guy

trash
>>
>>379460852
What? There's clearly a half-orc and halfling as well.
>>
4:30 for some reason looks more like Baldur's Gate than anything in Pillars of Eternity.
>>
how do we know what is a menu
>>
More isometric please and thank you
>>
That one lone chick in group photo.

Think we're safe from nu-man-nera syndrome.
>>
>>379462282
Plus they seem to have a lot of Eastern European developers. HoMM 5 was great.
>>
>>379454516

>art assets take the 29% of the budget
>it's the biggest money burning part

is this the power of modern games?
>>
>>379454516
>crowdfunding
Why would I ever..?
>>
>it's the year of 2017
>people are still making video games with +20 year old graphics
>people accept this because of "muh nostalgia"
>>
Im scared to back these up since alot of these kickstarted games turn out shit, few exceptions aside like FTL and risk of rain
>>
>>379459885
>The fact that people still play Pathfinder baffles me. The system sucks, the setting sucks, and now they're making a fucking Kickstarter game based off of it.
Pathfinder is D&D for people who really love spreadsheets, number crunching, and optimization. Like people who like Disgaea but hate little girls.
>>
>>379460026
Karl Franz what are you doing here
>>
>>379462563
The core game is done, this Kickstarter is for adding more and more stuff to the game in the form of new quests, companions, items, kingdom events, mass combat (wars basically) and more.
>>
File: 347403743.jpg (44KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
347403743.jpg
44KB, 200x200px
>>379454516
Just gonna play BG2 again while I wait for the real isokino to drop
>>
>>379462764
I hate disgaea but like little girls. What does that make me then?
>>
File: 1452178796088.png (617KB, 562x730px) Image search: [Google]
1452178796088.png
617KB, 562x730px
>>379462764
D&D 3/3.5 were the core of the system Pathfinder is built on and saw the biggest boom to the game since the release of the original set of little brown books. Pathfinder just capitalized off of it thanks to the Open Games License.

I'm pretty stoked for it since I will be able to play a cutie Halfling Bard Queen!
>>379463238
I think you know, anon.
>>
The only reason to play Pathfinder is if you REALLY like the 3.5e D&D system and hate every other iteration of the ruleset. The setting itself is utter trash, it's literally just D&D with all the actually cool stuff removed from it.
>>
>>379454516
>not turn-based
don't care
>>
>>379463871
>The only reason to play Pathfinder is if you REALLY like the 3.5e D&D system and hate every other iteration of the ruleset
Why not just play vanilla 3.5e though?
>>
>already halfway through

Its gonna make millions isnt it
>>
>>379464264
Yep
>>
>making a PF RPG instead of 4e or 5e
>>
>>379464712
4e was a bit of a failure to WotC, 5e's team has been gutted and they rely way too much on their 'playing teams' on Youtube and overcharging for their books (seriously, $50 for each of the core 3 rule books and each adventure book now).
>>
>>379465170
All the more reason to milk said IPs. You already have the rulesets, just design a 1:1 adaptation and give it a decent story.
>>
>>379465530
None of them work well 1:1, even 4e which many people erroneously say is 'MMO in tabletop format".

As for this game, it's getting most of the rules down and will have an option for "turn-based feel" option (pausing at start of combat as well as every three or so seconds if you want it too). Fair compromise I believe.
>>
>>379463085
Why was BG2 so fucking good?

Edwina
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.