[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just ordered this yesterday and it'll be here tomorrow.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: DQVDS_boxart.jpg (521KB, 1285x1152px) Image search: [Google]
DQVDS_boxart.jpg
521KB, 1285x1152px
Just ordered this yesterday and it'll be here tomorrow. Pretty hype cause I haven't played it yet. Dragon Quest thread.
>>
>>379446581
>buying DS games
Lol, really OP?
>>
>>379446793
I prefer physical games and collecting games. Sure, I could pirate it, but I would rather play it normally.
>>
>>379446581
Good stuff. V is a good first DQ, was mine. I will say though, the ds games have kinda shitty translations. For IV and VI I reccommemd other versions. Though the 3ds version of VII is not bad, that one is fine.
>>
>>379447308
Already played VI on DS, didn't mind the translation. If you mean the accents then I don't mind, it's something different from conventional games. It can get a little excessive at times though.
>>
>>379446581
You're in for a pretty good time OP. DQV is a great entry game into the DQ series
>>
DQ5 is probably one of the best remembered titles in the series.

Just be aware like all old JRPGs there is a bit of grinding involved
>>
>mother died giving birth to him
>watches father slowly killed in front of him while trying to protect him
>years of slavery
>finally breaks free, gets monster pals and a qt wife
>only to have his wife kidnapped
>turned to stone while trying to protect her, still fully aware
>forced to watch as his qt wife is filled with horse cock over and over until she starts to love it
>the she gets turned to stone
The protagonist of 5 had a hard life
>>
Have a save file before you pick a girl to marry. Marry Debora for feet.
>>
>>379447593
Eh, I never liked them. I will say IV's are god awful. I don't mind them in thoery but the translators over do it I feel.
>>
>>379447718
>mother died giving birth to him

But that's wrong
>>
>>379447718

My personal view of him has always been a man who does not give two fucks about the rest of the world. He escaped years of slavery and quite frankly only ends up fighting the final boss cause his son is the chosen one and even then, part of the reason he goes to there is because he heard that his parents are there. Dead, but there. He nominally spends time looking for the chosen one who can wear the armor, but part of that is because that was his dad's quest and he dumps that quest all the time in favor of doing other things like reuniting with his childhood tiger, getting married, looking for his mom, having a baby, finding out he's king of a kingdom. He really never shows any sign or inclination that he cares or even particularly knows much about the villains plans.
>>
you chose well. this is a good port of the game, too.
>>
All they had to do was pick almost any monster aside from a horse and this game wouldn't be plagued by ntr
>>
Slime Knight is best friend.
>>
>>379447718
>forced to watch as his qt wife is filled with horse cock over and over until she starts to love it

NTRfags should be fucking castrated.
>>
>>379448293
He's a silent jrpg hero, he gives a shit he just doesn't say anything.
>>
>>379446581
Get ready for an amazing ride. Best kept protagonist ever.

Fight me
>>
Deborah is best girl marry her.
>>
File: 1484533503303.jpg (49KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
1484533503303.jpg
49KB, 400x562px
>>379446581
Pick Bianca.
>>
>Stopped playing VII around 80 hours in
>Want to pick it back up
>It's been at least 6 months since I played it last and don't remember ANYTHING
I'm a dead nigga.
>>
OP if you are being legit, do not read the comments
>>379448293
>What is context
Nigger goes around collecting the hero gear AFTER his dad died and he was a slave for a decade. He obviously cared. Just because he doesn't talk doesn't mean he doesn't care. hell I'd say it's the very opposite.
>>
>>379446793
>playing video games
Really faglord?
>>
>>379448997
Listen to this guy.she is even good in battle
>>
>>379448786

No kidding. When I played a translated SNES version, I had one named Pierre and he was just an MVP for most of the game. Being able to equip your older equipment was just a huge boon for him.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.