[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"The morality's not just black-and-white!"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1429.png (110KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1429.png
110KB, 500x522px
>it's actually very light grey-and-very dark grey
>>
There has to be some bad guy, and the legion are definitely it. Whether House or NCR are the good guys is debatable.
>>
>>379441541
They're all bad guys.
>>
The Legion unfortunately suffered from content cuts due to time constraints.
Had Ulysses been in the base game like intended we'd probably have gotten a more balanced view of the legion. Instead, they're just a bunch of brutal slaver aresholes.
>>
File: thincc.png (72KB, 449x498px) Image search: [Google]
thincc.png
72KB, 449x498px
>>379441319
>incompetently tax people for the privilege of you not doing anything about the chem-addicts and convicts raping their way around the mojave
>implying Primm wouldn't benefit from the rapacious convicts running the town being nailed to some wood as opposed to from the limp-dicks sitting on the other side of the overpass
really makes me thincc
that said I'll admit there's that ton of cut legion content that could have fleshed them out a lot better.
>>
>>379441541
>>379441619

I wish the legion territory you get to go to was never cut.
>>
>>379442213
>see legion territory
>everyone is a slave and they go and pic children when they need more soliders

Why? It wouldn't change anything.
>>
File: 1491523900084.jpg (91KB, 602x635px) Image search: [Google]
1491523900084.jpg
91KB, 602x635px
>>379441541
>legion
>bad guy

literally the only group to successfully civilize any section of the wastes lmao
>>
>muh grayness
They're all samey assholes. Their motives and goals are all straightforward and largely the same thing. Any that aren't a generic faction, they are QUIRKY and adhere to some retarded, unrelated historical theme.
>>
File: Good Courier.png (172KB, 415x564px) Image search: [Google]
Good Courier.png
172KB, 415x564px
>>379442268
That's not what Legion territory is like at all. Pay attention to some of the dialogue outside of NCRIDF lies spread by (((General Oliver)))'s troops.
>>
>>379442352
pssh nothin personel
>>
>>379442518
Yes it is they don't have raiders but they have to deal with the legion autism.
>>
>>379442731
better than having to pay taxes for NCR's piss poor """""protection"""""
>>
>>379442939
That's not the point tho.
>>
>>379441319
it's three different shades of grey and one "black"
at least one writer of the game has come out and said that the legion isn't supposed to be sympathetic or "grey" morally, the few good things they offer are massively overshadowed by the death and ruin they leave in their wake
NCR, House and Wild Card are meant to be different shades of gray that appeal to different types of people. One person might think NCR are "the good guys" who are far better than any other faction, another person might think that House is a much better option, etc
There is a definitive "evil" faction in new vegas but not a fully "good" one, which is probably meant to show how humans, human nature, and human organizations rarely if ever rule things by some kind of objectively good morality, but often rule things by an objectively evil morality
>>
>>379442213
it would have basically been a prison colony
>yeah its great that the rapists arent raping people anymore, its mostly because theyre dead since the guards raped them to death but hey, enemy of my enemy right?
thats about all youd have gotten
the traders and such that were granted safe travel in legion lands were the equivalent of giving a rabid dog a steak to keep it from taking a chunk out of your calf instead
the legion were, LITERALLY, just the largest and most organized group of raiders in the area
certain things that they were incapable of pillaging for became necessary to maintain a state of their magnitude, it wasnt gonna make them sympathetic, just realistically pragmatic, theyre still just a collective of savages seeking direction united under a single megalomaniac
>>
File: batemansmug.jpg (216KB, 590x322px) Image search: [Google]
batemansmug.jpg
216KB, 590x322px
If you think the legion is the best for the wastes, you simply have irredeemable taste.
>>
>>379443763
Would've been good if there was a senate intriguing behind caesar's back, or a faction of rebellious slaves like in Fallout 3. Insead the legion route felt more threadbare than any of the others. There's just no content there.
>>
>>379442338
>slavery
>civilize
>>
>>379443763
>the legion were, LITERALLY, just the largest and most organized group of raiders in the area
Well, thats pretty much what they were in Van Buren, they were opposed by another faction that was basically the Legion BUT FEMALE.

Really, for all the bitching about "muh lack of time" i don't think any quest would make The Legion more simpatetic at all.
>>
>>379441319
All factions are assholes, even yours since you will end up wipping someone that you dont like and theres so much a lone person can do to keep everything in check.
I kinda like it since I tend to go with the mary sue faction since my autism wants to help the game as much as I can, with NV you gotta accept that everyone is an asshole in their own way and have their own reasons.
>>
Okay /v/
Caesar dies and all of Arizona falls into anarchy because there's no one with big enough nuts to keep the crucifying savages in line.
How do you save and reform them?
and why is the only option the NCR expanding even further to do it?
>>
>>379445669
Midwest BOS murderkills everyone
>>
>>379441319
>it just consists of do nice thing and a small group of innocent will die rather than doing bad thing and everyone dies
>>
File: legion.png (181KB, 1145x892px) Image search: [Google]
legion.png
181KB, 1145x892px
>>379442338
>>
>>379442338
Nothing says civilization like rejecting life saving technology to drink piss for healing.
>>
The NCR are blatantly the only established group with enough momentum and willpower, and technology, to actually reunite all of America. Eventually. The legion are a temporary fad of glorified raiders.
>>
The Legion's main priority is to establish territories where people can be safe. If that comes at the cost of human rights and democracy, then so be it, at least people are alive to worry about such luxuries.
>>
>>379448227
Horseshit. It was already established that the NCR were in decline
>>
>>379449308
would be better if the whole slavery thing was better executed.

I can't take it seriously seeing all female slaves hobbling around with their giant backpacks, red x marked T-shirts and shit. Slaves in Rome lived pretty well. The slaves in the Legion are basically just human pack cows or sex slaves.
>>
>>379449463
It's been established they have internal problems, not that they're in decline. Nothing unsolveable.
>>
>>379449586
They were too spread to defend themselves, that's a huge flaw.
>>
>>379445669
Do it yourself with the tech you salvaged from Big MT and Sierra Madre
>>
>>379449812
We were too spread to defend ourselves before about 1880 or so
>>
File: 1493440762516.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493440762516.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
So am I the only one who thinks he keeps pipboy 2000 in that wrist thing there?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.