[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's compare Nocturne to what most people say is the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1453503601367.png (172KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453503601367.png
172KB, 256x360px
Let's compare Nocturne to what most people say is the best RPG ever made: Deus Ex.

Nocturne requires you to fight very single damn thing including the shitty bosses. Deus Ex doesn't requires any violence, allowing you to play the game at your own pace.

Deus Ex gives you freedom of choice in every regard, ranging from story choices to how you navigate the levels. Nocturne gives you the former, but not the latter since you have to follow a predetermined path.

Expanding on this, Deus Ex also has multiple solutions to every problem, meaning that no two playthroughs are the same. Nocturne may allow for more freedom than most JRPGs (i.e talking to demons), but it still has the potential to be as linear as it's contemporaries.

Let's look at obtaining the pass from the collector in the sewers just before the Matador fight for example. In order to obtain the pass you need so the guard at the gate will let you through, you need to get it from the collector. He'll give you it if you help him find a 1 Yen bill. Obtaining this bill requires you to break into the back room of a bar and steal it.

The problem with this is that this is the only method to get past the gate. I'm the fucking Demi-Fiend, so why can't I just beat the shit out of the gate guard or collector so I can get what I want? Why can't I buy the one yen bill from the bar owner for a reasonable price? Why can't I find a fake bill to give the collector?

Deus Ex, and most other RPGs, would let you do these things because an RPG is about player expression. Nocturne's single approach however, is just this: linear, contrived bullshit.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 217x232px
>>379433743
>Let's compare Nocturne to what most people say is the best RPG ever made: Deus Ex
>>
>>379433743
This is like comparing Burnout to Halo.
>>
>>379433743
I don't think it's very fair to compare these types of games. I could say that Deus Ex has terrible stat building options and very few abilities to use compared to Nocturne.
>>
>>379433743
I-is this a pasta? You didn't actually spend time trying to compare the vidya equivalent of apples and oranges, did you?
>>
>>379434473
Of course it's copypasta, dummy.
>>
Is the SMT equivalent to starting MonHun threads?
>>
>>379434027
>>379434269
>>379434456
>I got nothing to say but Durr
>>379434473
>>379434594
>It's copypasta if the opinion is solid and I have not ARGUMENT against it!!
>>
>>379433743
One is a JRPG, the other is a WPRG.
>>
>>379434456
>and very few abilities to use compared
Like all the augments? The ability to pick locks, to swim, to what ever combat equipment you get?
>>
>>379434976
>RPG
hint
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.