[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing first playthrough on nightmare Is it more fun to get alien

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
Doing first playthrough on nightmare

Is it more fun to get alien powers or stay hummen?
>>
>>379429770
It's more fun to do whatever the fuck you want to do.

Fuck off outta here and play your shitty game.
>>
Alien combat powers can easily break the game to a Dishonored levels, especially if you get them in the first half of the game.
Otherwise: I don't think there is much point in avoiding alien powers completely unless it has some sort of roleplaying or narrative meaning to you. It does not add anything to the game, though it may help it being more challenging.

I did a minimum combat oriented mods in general (only got level one guns and level one gunsmithing, one health upgrade), occasionally bought the odd progression-related mod (mobility and inventory, repair, hacking, eventually that mimic ability) and held on to the rest of the mods just to make things challenging.
I only started spending my mods about 2/3rds into the game where the combat started getting really tight at times. That is where I got my psychoshocks and higher combat and recycler yields.
The game rewarded me for it, by actually staying challenging even in the late game, since I had to burn through materials faster and with the late game, I was forced to deal with actual ammo and material shortages by being creative.
>>
Just do what you want for your first playthrough. Pure plays don't mean much other then achievements.
>>
Do whatever you want, game gets boring halfway through. Enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
File: 20170606025156_1.jpg (530KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170606025156_1.jpg
530KB, 2560x1080px
Get the 'Prey for Death' mod. It adds a bunch of the stuff they cut out for the casuals.
>>
>>379432135
Wait. What? There is actually mod support for this? Already? What? This is an Arkane game we are talking about, right?
>>
>>379433297
http://www.nexusmods.com/prey2017/mods/1/

Not really mod support. Just somebody unlocking existing files and tweaking some numbers with config files.
>>
>>379429849
Why do faggots like you stick around? Why do douchebags who hate video games, despise everything to do with video games, and just hate life in general stick around shitposting on a video game board?
>>
>>379433906
OK, that sounds a bit suspicious, but fuck me if this works... damn that is awesome. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! God knows this game can be made into GOTYAY with just some tweaking and mods. If this catches on...
>>
>>379434023
>Telling the one guy advocating actually playing the game that he hates games
>>
>>379432135
whats the fucking point? im just gonna savescum harder. wow so much fun muh hardcore mods
>>
>>379434932
Well first: git gud

Second: adding complexity is a more interesting way to ramp the difficulty than bullet sponge enemies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.