[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play turn-based jrpg >never flee from battles >thoroughly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: dfgtf.jpg (462KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
dfgtf.jpg
462KB, 633x758px
>play turn-based jrpg
>never flee from battles
>thoroughly search every area for treasure
>do every sidequest you find
>end up absurdly overpowered and mindlessly breeze through everything
Every fucking time. I loved these games as a teenager, why are they so boring now?
>>
I do that and I love it. I love having the best weapons. I love having all the cool items. I love getting so over leveled that I breeze through the game.

And I love when I still manage to find an end game boss that kicks my ass and makes me git fucking gud to beat him so I can get the super ultra rare equipment that makes the game even easier

I live for that fucking shit

RPGs are awesome
>>
>>379427617
Exact opposite for me, I always end up doing too few battles somehow and end up getting royally buttfucked at boss battles.
>>
>replay star ocean 3
>hard mode
>beat last boss in 10 second
>get battle trophy for beating him within 8 minutes
>>
>>379427705
>I live for that fucking shit
I'm this with this anon. I do this shit all the time, I like putting time aside to be better, if you put the time in you should be rewarded for it.
>>
Your older brain demands more stimulation than jrpgs can give.
Try a new genre. People grow out of things. I feel the same as you, I loved jrpgs as a kid, now they are boring schlock that isn't worth the hundreds of button presses required to see if the story is worth it or not
>>
>>379427705
You sounds insecure
>>
File: TLR.jpg (29KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
TLR.jpg
29KB, 300x311px
>>379427617
Try this game OP.
>>
>>379428439
why did square even green lit this garbage
>>
>>379428571
>Hating SaGa games
Sounds like you have shit taste friend.
>>
>>379428439
Good game
>>
>>379427705
This. Final Fantasy and Pokémon spoiled me as a child and I actually enjoy grinding for various kinds of levels. Sure it's not entertaining the same way an actual challenging game is entertaining, but I get value from it.
>grinding Grand Dragons to max out the damage of Dragon Crest in IX
>>
File: best grill.jpg (76KB, 500x980px) Image search: [Google]
best grill.jpg
76KB, 500x980px
>>379428439
Came here to post this.
>final boss is actually the hardest boss if you do all the sidequests
>>
File: 452.png (598KB, 600x878px) Image search: [Google]
452.png
598KB, 600x878px
>>379428439
>first playthrough
>try to do all sidequests
>cant finish mainquest because i fucked up trying to grind easy mobs instead of grouping them all together for the hardest battles
>had to restart the whole game
>>
>RPG games have a mechanic that you can fuck around with
>Makes game 100x more fun

Say what you will, but the Materia system in FFVII and the Gambit system in XII is the most broken fun thing ever implemented in a game.
>>
>>379427617
Levels are an outdated and bad concept. Get rid of levels and just make the game mechanically interesting and more difficult as the game progresses.
>>
Because either your tastes have changed or your expectations are blocking you from enjoying something you otherwise would have. RPGs (Japanese and Western alike) aren't challenging, and they're never going to be challenging.
>>
>>379428146
Yeah I do feel like I should move on, but it feels like losing an old friend. It's especially sad when I go back to a game I loved and just can't enjoy it anymore.
>>
I had that problem with Witcher 3. Almost unplayable before they introduced the level scaling. Some encounters still needs fine tuning though.
>>
>>379427617
grinding is why, you have the option not to.
>>
>>379427617
>Complaining about levelling mechanics
>Posts a pic related to one of the most easily broken JRPGs in existence

The problem is that levels in most games are the most important factor in determining your success. These games typically also downplay the value or usefulness of status effects.

On the other hand, there's also games that you will never succeed without the levels gained from doing sidequests, and absolutely require you to have a masterful understanding of statuses and debuffs.

There's a fine line in balancing RPGs, but the ones that eschew levels entirely seem to be better about it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.