[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever used psychology to win a game? Like, manipulating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: liar-game-249655.jpg (98KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
liar-game-249655.jpg
98KB, 800x1131px
Have you ever used psychology to win a game? Like, manipulating other players with bluffs and tricks?
>>
>>379412086
>fighting games
>>
>>379412086
Fuck you for posting that pic
Now I'm having PTSD over the shitty ending
>>
>>379412086
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Mindgame
Tomahawks are fun.

And then in games like Dead by Daylight there's always juking people by running around a corner, waiting for them to pass by, then doubling back.
>>
Sometimes I use bad weapons or tactics on purpose to tilt the enemy but that's about as far as it goes
>>
>>379412086
Yeah in TF2
>using Gibus to pretend being a new player
>Playing spy in general
>>
>>379412983

>entire plan for "winning" the last arc is the assumption that the bad guys won't just starve you until someone breaks and finishes the game.

I'm more angry about that than "lol China".
>>
>>379414013
The worst part is that the only character in the series that won in the end was the antagonist
He got loads of money and his father's respect
>>
>>379412086
Fighting games does thia constantly. Baiting and conditioning your opponents is a big part of playing at even at a local level.
>>
>>379414398
>>379412239
This.
>>379412983
>>379414013
>>379414117
What's this manga about?
>>
One Outs>Liar Trash
>>
>>379414564
Gambling but with intense keikakus
The first few chapters (like 3-4) are absolute shit but after that it gets interesting
It's by the same creator as One Outs
>>
>>379414564

People in debt playing psychological games for high stakes. Go read it, even if the last arc is the worst thing ever conceived by man. The rest of it being so good makes it worse.
>>
>>379414564
SAW but with gambles instead of traps
>>
Pokemans and fitans
>>
>>379414675
>>379414759
>>379414815
I'll give it a read.
>>
>>379412086
Rainbow Six Siege.
Lot of player habit comes into play. One of the hardest things for people to do is to sit/chill and wait out time/enemy.

Often times there are moments where if you cant stand the pressure and end up moving/pushing you die.

Another good one is when its a 1v1 and enemy op is under a camera. During the firefight you keep tagging them with the camera even though it doesn't really do anything for your teammate. But it pushes the enemy's instinct to shoot out the camera. Doing so usually leaves them open to be shot dead.
>>
>>379414398
>>379412239
Hey /v/, would you read a manga about fightan games?
>>
>>379414815
So basically Kaiji.
>>
>>379412983

>months and months of hiatus
>we get this
>>
>>379415067
Kaiji with a retard as the MC and friendly Akagi as the sidekick
>>
File: YTPMTPM[1].png (358KB, 632x646px) Image search: [Google]
YTPMTPM[1].png
358KB, 632x646px
>>379415063

I already do.
>>
>Playing Far Cry Predator on Xbox
>Predator mode
>Be Merc
>Myself and other Mercs running across a grass field
>Heartbeat starts playing
>Predator is near
>Lead Merc player starts shouting Arnie impressions down the mic at us to run
>Guy playing the Predator is laughing so hard he drops his controller
>We all escape
>>
>>379415067
Yeah without a bitch ass cry baby MC
>>
>>379412086
shitty mindgames on dark souls
>don't lock on
>run away mindlessly and let him pursue me
>at the last minute switch out to lightning greatsword and sword art the fuck out of him
>>
>>379415063
Go read High Score Girl.
>>
>>379412086
One Outs > Liar Game
There, I said it
>>
Not video games, but the mtg format commander is all about this shit (if you have regular buddies to play with)
>>
>>379412983
To be fair, he had been writing it for over 10 years. He probably just wanted to finish it and be done with it ASAP.
>>
>>379415796

Yeah, if you call "participating in a circle-jerk" psychology.
>>
When I played league I would purposely miss the first 5 blitz hooks in lane to lull the enemy into a false sense of security once my adc got some stats
>>
>>379412086
I once manipulated a newbie-ish ss13 player into stripping and giving me all their weapons and their Security access ID by threatening him with a fake gun or it might have been a fake laser sword

If he knew how to examine other players he might've been able to tell that it was a fake, but the point is I bluffed my way into getting real weapons by not even firing from my fake weapon
>>
File: cguy.jpg (376KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cguy.jpg
376KB, 1280x1024px
The Hidden is all mind games.
>>
very cool trick, manipulated the terran and took his army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQBNdH-YKY
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.