[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>They have taken you from the Imperial City's prison,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 17

File: JIUB.jpg (97KB, 598x341px) Image search: [Google]
JIUB.jpg
97KB, 598x341px
>They have taken you from the Imperial City's prison, first by carriage and now by boat, to the east to
the Morrowind thread. Fear not, for I am watchful, you have been chosen.

>Wake up, we are here. Why are you shaking? Are you okay? Wakeup!
>>
I just got the bow to become a friend of the ashlander tribe. How much longer till I get to meet Vivic and see what the meme is all about?
>>
File: 1495485804977.png (494KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1495485804977.png
494KB, 557x605px
>>379406130
not much, once they recognize you as the nerevarine the temple will try to take you down and you'll have to pay a visit to vivec if i recall correctly
>>
>>379406430
I'm a member of the temple will I get expelled when that happens? I like the cheap shrines.
>>
>>379406589
i don't know, that would be cool af to be honest, i'm planing to do the temple faction on my new char, is it good ?
>>
File: girl gamer gets btfo.png (97KB, 543x1468px) Image search: [Google]
girl gamer gets btfo.png
97KB, 543x1468px
>>379405884
Go home gamer girl.
>>
>>379406709
I only just finished the pilgrimage which I enjoyed but they don't give you any duties until you finish it so I can't speak to what comes after.
>>
>>379406709
I liked it.
>>
>>379407023
kys
>>
Poll time, faggots. Post your favorite...
>race
>weapon type
>magic school
>faction
>city/town
>waifu
>>
File: 1386889959119.jpg (51KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
1386889959119.jpg
51KB, 685x567px
What's the Xbox version like?
My friend is playing it right now.
I have Morrowind on Steam, but I'm too lazy to install the fixes people recommend.
>>
>>379407620
Dark Elf
Short sword
Alchemy
Morang Tong, but I liked Main Quest most
Balamora
Azura
>>
>>379407023
He's not wrong. TES games have always appealed to females more than other RPGs and his point about character customization makes sense as at least a part of the explanation. Is appealing to women a bad thing, though?
>>
File: 1483505125715.png (3MB, 1920x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1483505125715.png
3MB, 1920x1196px
>>379407620
>dunmer
>crossbow
>all except destruction
>House telvanni
>balmora
>Dralasa Nithryon

Now lemme add

>favorite Unique item
>ebony mail
>>
>>379407880
These are great answers tbqhwy. A Daedric waifu is especially redpilled and based.
>>
File: 1437014053677.jpg (24KB, 670x549px) Image search: [Google]
1437014053677.jpg
24KB, 670x549px
>>379407774
>bethesda games on console
>>
>>379408014
Fuck I knew I was missing something. I should have had faction and great house as separate questions.
>>
>>379408134
>Fuck I knew I was missing something.
Level up your agility and don't run everywhere, faggot. Or if you do, at least drink a damn fatigue potion.
>>
>>379408095
Let this meme die already.
>>
File: 1493732220211.jpg (134KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493732220211.jpg
134KB, 400x400px
>>379408221
g o l d
>>
>>379407620
>Dunmer
>Maces
>Illusion
>Redoran
>Ald'ruhn
>Therana
>>
>>379408221
Top banter
>>
>>379408325
>Maces
My nigga.
>>
>>379407023
>Elder Scrolls is for girls and Fallout is for guys
It's so weird to see posts from before Fallout became a Bethesda thing. Now they're basically the same games with a different coat of paint. What would Maddog say about Fallout 3 or 4?
>>
>>379408027
I can't really think or remember any exceptional women in that game aside from Alemexia, or the daughters/clones/wives of that old ass wizard. I guess there's the Night Mother, but i liked killing her more than anything else.
>>
>>379409371
Yeah I couldn't think of anyone in particular even as I was asking the question, I was just wondering what you guys would say. In Oblivion for me it was the necrophiliac alchemist and in Skyrim it was Adrienne Avenicci, but I don't really have a Morrowind waifu.
>>
>>379407620
>>race
Breton. Absorbs half the magic thrown at you from the start, what's not to like?
>>weapon type
Longsword. It's boring but functional.
>>magic school
Alchemy. You can make a potion for fucking anything with some plants and bits of dead enemy, and even sell them for decent prices. It's the most OP skill in the game.
>>faction
Redoran. Their leader is a cock, but the great house itself if pretty cool.
>>city/town
Balmora. I always have a soft spot for the beginner's questing towns
>>waifu
Ahnassi. Make friends with her and get access to a free house. Likable for a member of the thieves guild, too.
>>
Ahnassi is the best waifu
>>
Bumping for great justice.
>>
>>379410440
she's our special friend
>>
>>379410440
Ahnassi is a cat what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>379406589
you get expelled until you meet vivec unless you're the highest rank
>>
>>379412039
where do you think we are
>>
>>379407620
Orc
Two handed swords
alteration
redoran
ravenrock at full development
that dark elf girl in balmora mages guild
>>
File: Vvardenfell.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Vvardenfell.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>379412352
Not Pelagiad unfortunately.
>>
>>379408226
Morrowind on console would probably be unplayable as fuck. I'm currently in my first playthrough (having a fucking blast btw), but I've had to use TCL to get myself unstuck from the world geometry more than a few times.
>>
>>379405884
I keep hearing about Morrowwind, is it that good?
>>
File: 418174174174.png (239KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
418174174174.png
239KB, 600x604px
>>379412615
>not Pelagiad, neither Vvardenfell or even Tamriel
>>
File: 1496844599787.jpg (48KB, 494x506px) Image search: [Google]
1496844599787.jpg
48KB, 494x506px
>>379414094
It's an amazing game, but you'll have to learn how to play it and you'll have your ass kicked a lot of time, also you might need some mods like unhomicidal ecosystem (play a bit on vanilla and you'll find out why), the rest is up to you, N'wah
>>
File: smarting.jpg (835KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
smarting.jpg
835KB, 1280x960px
>>379414036
Be careful with that. TCL is global so a wandering NPC could walk through the floor or a wall while it's active. Ideally you should use "TAI" which toggles AI processing before and after so they remain stationary.
>>
>>379414513
I played vanilla a ton and never even heard of this mod, what does it do? make cliffracers more docile?
>>
>>379414036
it works fine on console. the menus are reworked around the controller and the experience is just as fun and playable as it is on a pc. the loading is a tad longer naturally but overall it's a great port.
>>
>shit combat
>shit quests
>most NPCs are generic and shitty
>smaller world
>most of the world is boring ashy shit
>lack of variety in enemies
>so called amazing spellcrafting is just a get OP quick scheme with spells that look/feel lame as fuck
>those fucking sewers in Tribunal
>>
>>379414963
it makes every animals (including cliff racers) passives as long as they are only the "diseased" ones, so the the very first ones. Infected creatures are still offensives. I love it, it's purely QoL like i'm no longer stucked in fight because a fucking rat saw me and i don't know where it is
>>
>be khajiit Morag Tong
>travel by boat to the furthest corner of the island to assassinate some guy
>do the deed and decide to walk the coast back to dearest Ahnassi instead of boating
>run out of arrows halfway there
>ass starts getting thouroughly kicked after a Dark Brotherhood attack
>stumble across a monastery in coastal mountains
>nursed back to health in the safe beds
>learn the master hand to hand trainer lives here
>spend literally all my money learning kung-fu up to level 90
>emerge and break cliff racer necks all the way back to dearest Ahnassi
>>
>>379405884
Did the main quest + tribunal with a battlemage character, stopped at Bloodmoon. Is it worth it to do another character just for it?
>>
>>379414094
It's the best open world RPG. The genre has been downhill for the most part ever since.
>>
>>379415209
that's pretty cool but at the same time it's always fun to hear the dramatic battle music and realize it's some mudcrab or a rat with disease and can't move
>>
>>379405884
>tfw you are an adult now
>tfw you will never have the time you did as a dumb wee lad in the summer to just stay up day and night playing morrowind, getting immersed as fuck and reaching level 60 with your assassin dunmer
>tfw you will never around level 50, begin doing the main quest at last, and then get immediately sucked into it and the deeper world it establishes
>tfw you will never stay up for 24 hours preparing for your fight with a fucking demon god in a volcano
>tfw you will never experience an amazing game like this ever again
>tfw you work 9-5 shift now as welder, make good money, but never time to do games like morrowind anymore, only have time to get into shitty fucking casual rpgs like skyrim now as an adult
fucking sucks man.
maybe on vacation i'll play this again.

don't get me wrong, i once was a neet, and sometimes i miss having the freedom to play a game like this all day, but then i remember the freedom i lacked to do anything outside of my fucking room, and i feel better. its nice to be able to pay for my own shit and go anywhere i want now irl and have the freedom to fucking work with my own hands and make my own good money and not suck it away from the government.

still, i swear, one day i shall journey up that fucking mountain, my blade - dreamweaver, reforged and ready, and it will drink from dagoth's blood.
>>
>>379415532
bloodmoon was fun, do it, but expect some hard time
>>
>>379407620
Wood Elf
Darts
Illusion
Great House Hlaalu
Rethan Manor
My Winged Twilight harem that I summon with my jewelry and clothes.
>>
>>379416035
>Darts
Are you memeing on me? You better not be memeing on me.
>>
Skyrim > Morrowind > Oblivion > Daggerfall > Battlespire > Arena
>>
>>379416351
ok
>>
>>379416351
This is objectively correct.
>>
>>379407023
>combat is not the main focus

jesus what was going on in '03
>>
>>379415620
literally git gud.
if you plan it correctly duriing vacation, you'll progress in the game so easily that once you reach Heart of Lorkhan, Dagon will drop like a dead fly without any effort.

t. somebody who finished main quest + both addons completely.
>>
>>379416183
No memes here, friend. They're fast, I stay ranged, and I can keep a shield for blocking and enchanting. I used to like throwing stars best just for aesthetics but then I found those absurdly strong darts in Tribunal's dwemer ruin, which I come back to periodically since the guys that carry them respawn.
>>
>>379416925
Oh yeah the black darts...I forgot those things.
>>
>ancestral spirit atronach and everything horrible that comes with it
>can't regenerate magicka unless you sleep or use a potion
>sleeping forces a level up, fucking up your stats
>the only ingredients in Vvardenfell that restore magicka are cromberries and atronach salts
>destruction requires a high magicka pool yet does not increase your intelligence
>but lockpicking does
>enchanting doesn't require magicka but increases your magicka pool
>enchanting makes all other schools of magic obsolete by offering spells of every school that can be easily recharged, recharge on their own and can't fail due to low stamina

Never mind the melee combat, the entire magic system is godawful and fundamentally broken. it doesn't matter what cheesy spells you can craft when playing a regular mage is the most backwards retarded thing ever. I love Morrowind for it's atmosphere but you have to be kidding yourself if you think the gameplay is actually good.
>>
Story
Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim

Combat
Oblivion > Skyrim > Morrowind

Graphics
Skyrim > Oblivion > Morrowind

Atmosphere
Oblivion > Morrowind > Skyrim

Music
About the same

Voice Acting

Interior Exploration
Skyrim > Morrowind > Oblivion

DLC
Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim

Modded Experience
Oblivion > Skyrim > Morrowind

Waifu Shit
>>
>>379407620
>dunmer
>two handed sword
>alteration
>House Redoran (this was a very hard decision)
>Khuul
>Edwinna Elbert
>>
>>379414592
Type in "RA" and it will reset npc positions to where they are supposed to be.
>>
>>379415364
Thid kind of stuff is why I love Morrowind.
>>
>>379416035
>>379416925
I love throwing weapons but what always gets me is when I'm kiting an NPC and then they start fucking throwing them back at me because they get added to their inventory when hit. That can be kind of dangerous if they have any marksman skill, but it's great when they don't so they just keep their distance and miss you repeatedly.
>>
>>379417419
>ancestral spirit atronach and everything horrible that comes with it
But that's a choice, you're not forced to use it.
>sleeping forces a level up, fucking up your stats
That doesn't even make sense.
>the only ingredients in Vvardenfell that restore magicka are cromberries and atronach salts
Comberry is sold and quickly restocked by easy to access merchants in the Mages Guild.
>destruction requires a high magicka pool yet does not increase your intelligence
Destruction is governed by Willpower which is your ability to manifest and resist magic. Make sense to me.
>enchanting doesn't require magicka but increases your magicka pool
>enchanting makes all other schools of magic obsolete by offering spells of every school that can be easily recharged, recharge on their own and can't fail due to low stamina
Enchanting yourself is only really useful if you intentionally break the game, NPCs are otherwise the better choice.
>>
>>379418509
>But that's a choice, you're not forced to use it.
Its the best way to play a mage because of the problems with regenerating magicka.
>That doesn't even make sense.
Do you know how leveling in Morrowind works? Sleeping forces you to level up so if you sleep to regenerate like intended then its very hard to get max attribute gains every level.
>Comberry is sold and quickly restocked by easy to access merchants in the Mages Guild.
You need two ingredients which share an effect to get a potion with that effect. Comberries alone do not give you a magicka potion, you need to combine them with salts which are not easy to come by.
>Destruction is governed by Willpower which is your ability to manifest and resist magic. Make sense to me.
From a flavor perspective, yes, but not from a gameplay perspective. Willpower governs your magicka resistance. Leveling up destruction demands greater levels of maximum magicka, which you get from intelligence. So playing the game normally, as intended, results in you gaining levels in an attribute that doesn't actually help you. You can increase your willpower but you won't be able to cast new spells.
>Enchanting yourself is only really useful if you intentionally break the game, NPCs are otherwise the better choice.
Its like you actually haven't played the game because you keep being wrong. Enchanting removes the reason to use any other school because it contains every spell effect within it. So if you want to cast a fireball, its actually better to not learn Destruction and instead just get a fireball enchanted ring. You don't get affected by fatigue so you can never fail a cast and your charges regenerate over time so you don't even need potions, just time, soul gems or an arsenal of enchanted rings you can swap out whenever one dries up. Your statement doesn't even make sense because it doesn't matter who does the enchanting, you using the enchanted item increases your enchanting skill.
>>
File: 20170607195439_1.jpg (53KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170607195439_1.jpg
53KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>379419313

And all those problems are why atronach/ancestral spirit combo is so popular. Atronach gives you the high base magicka pool to be effective and ancestral spirit allows you to regenerate your magicka without forcing a level up early. But the actual process of standing there for minutes at a time while your own spirit hits you and you pray that you don't resist the spell (which you will because you're leveling up Willpower) and then hope that the 50% chance kicks in so you can regenerate a 1/6th of your bar, is not fun. The alternative is other, equally cheesy shit or just not playing magic at all.

The system is so broken on so many levels that most people never get far enough in morrowind to see how bad it actually is. Which I'm assuming includes you as you're wrong and basically point you made.

People always complain about how Skyrim "dumbed down" the leveling system but its the best iteration of TES leveling to date. It's the only time when "do something to get better at it" actually worked properly and you weren't jumping through hoops to game the system, like not specializing in the weapon you want to use in order to make leveling up easier. Attributes were an abortion in Morrowind and what they governed and what they gave you made absolutely no sense. Lockpicking increasing your magicka pool, spears governing endurance, daggers governing movement speed, ect. Perk trees and just being able to allocate your stat increases directly was a huge, huge improvement.
>>
>>379419313
You don't need to get max attribute gains every level.
Not even in a "fight the retarded system" way, Morrowind level scaling is very non-intrusive, you'll become eventually all-powerful even with suboptimal powerups.

You're right in that standard mages get shafted pretty hard in the vanilla game if you don't cheese the system though.
>>
>>379416858
Fun shit. Mostly autistic, but nonetheless, fun shit.
>>
>>379407620
Altmer
Spear
Alteration
Redoran
Ald'ruhn
The altar girl at Ebonheart
>>
>>379407620
Breton
Hand to Hand
Restoration
Temple
Ald'ruhn
Ahnassi

If you've never played muscle wizard, you're really missing out.
>>
File: 1484655654966.jpg (69KB, 1048x625px) Image search: [Google]
1484655654966.jpg
69KB, 1048x625px
>>379405884
I was just about to start another Morrowind playthrough.

battleaxes or long blades?
>>
>>379414973
>a tad longer
I played the xbox version religiously when i was younger and it's definitely not just a tad. And god help you if you try and play it on a 360.
>>
File: 2a28f26a7f4d7f004a2f9e6ad690ac67.jpg (777KB, 1545x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2a28f26a7f4d7f004a2f9e6ad690ac67.jpg
777KB, 1545x1000px
>>379412039
A cat is fine, too.
>>
File: husbando.gif (24KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
husbando.gif
24KB, 600x450px
>>379407620
>race
Lizard Nigger all the way
>weapon type
Short blades.
>magic school
Illusion.
>faction
Thieves Guild, Tribunal Temple, Companions
>city/town
Riften
>waifu
Ahnassi and Derkeethus
>>
>>379420829

You don't need max attributes, but you're only going to be getting 1 attribute point instead of, what, 4, per level up. That adds up very quickly and it makes playing a mage a huge slog. Sleeping after every combat in order to regain Magicka means sleeping multiple times in a dungeon so you're leveling up almost immediately.

I'm tired of people whining about melee combat when its actually pretty decent for its time, while ignoring how poorly designed magic and leveling is in Morrowind.

>>379421347

Why lie to people? Hand-to-Hand isn't fun in Morrowind. You have to drain people's stamina and then stand over their crumpled bodies punching them until they die. It's only been good in Daggerfall if you abuse the fist of the north star glitch and in Oblivion.

>>379421432

Try playing a mage without exploits.
>>
>>379421432

Go with the battleaxes.
>>
>>379421583
>You don't need max attributes, but you're only going to be getting 1 attribute point instead of, what, 4, per level up.
If you've built your character in a way that makes sense I find it hard to believe you're not getting constant +3 increases on your main stats.
>>
>>379407023
God, this is so cringe
>>
>>379421583
>>379421934
It is so ridiculously easy to level as any character in this game. Just spend money and train when you're ready for bonuses, because it's not like that money is being used for -ANYTHING ELSE- in the game.
>>
File: 1477554216007.jpg (523KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477554216007.jpg
523KB, 1920x1080px
>>379417570
>Graphics
>Skyrim > Oblivion > Morrowind
>Atmosphere
>Oblivion > Morrowind > Skyrim

I'd have to disagree with these.
There's no way to make Oblivion look nice, no amount of mods could save it.
Morrowind can at least look nice so long as you don't get distracted by the horrible landscape geometry.

Skyrim has the best atmosphere for me. The ambient noises interlaced with soothing nordic instrumentation was so comforting.
Oblivion was comfy as fuck too and morrowind was nice after you install something like Better Sounds to add ambient sounds.
Are there any mods to have morrowind's music come on only occasionally? It gets so tiring after a while.
>>
>>379421934
>Sleeping after every combat in order to regain Magicka means sleeping multiple times in a dungeon so you're leveling up almost immediately.

Try it out yourself. Because of the near impossibility of crafting a decent stock of magicka potions you have to rely on resting for regenerations. Soon after you reach the level up threshold you'll be sleeping to regain magicka and you'll level up. The only way to avoid that is building your character in a way that doesn't make sense and knowing how to game the system.

>>379422109

The gold is used to make spells. Jesus Christ, has anyone actually tried to play a mage in Morrowind? Why do I have to keep correcting basic fucking game mechanics.
>>
>>379422257
>muh mods
I fucking hate PCbros man
>>
>>379421934
>duhr duhrrr huhrrr huhrrr
Let's take a look, shall we?

Level up Long Blade Skill 4 times
Level up Heavy Armor 4 times
Level up Block Skill 2 times

You level up!
Here are your options!
Endurance 2
Strength 2
Agility 2
Speed 1
Personality 1
Intelligence 1
Willpower 1
Luck 1

Oh shit, guess you should have seen a trainer to level up a non-useable skill for your build 10 times, just so you can have one skill NOT in the shitter by level 30.
>>
>>379422109

Also, training doesn't work when you're not playing with the cheesy ancestral spirit combo because you don't have the luxury of choosing when to level up. And if you are using ancestral spirit then you're using ancestral spirit which is a problem in of itself.
>>
>>379422416
>The gold is used to make spells. Jesus Christ, has anyone actually tried to play a mage in Morrowind? Why do I have to keep correcting basic fucking game mechanics.
Nigger, the only spells worth buying are touch spells. They do more damage and cost less. If you're fast enough, which any overpowered character in this unbalanced shitfest will eventually be if they know anything about this game, then you'll just run circles around everything.

All you need is two spells, one you use all the time, and one you use when you run into something that resists the first.
>>
>>379422443
>playing the game in 480p with 30 fps
Literally kill yourself
>>
>>379422613
We're talking about mages.
Mages only have two relevant stats: intelligence and willpower, all magic skills (except illusion) are distributed amongst these two, if you've built your character to use magic to fight, you'll almost always end up accidentally with a +3/+2 in those attributes.
>>
>>379414996

do you have this saved in a notepad?

same order every time
>>
>>379422613
doesn't leveling up properly only matter in oblivion because of the retarded scaling? In morrowind you get a lot more leeway with stats
>>
>>379422821
Then you're going to be slow as fuck, can't carry shit (I'll just waste half my juice on feather after every time I rest!), and can't get hit or you'll die.

>>379423349
Morrowind is far more dependent on stats than Oblivion. In fact, it's easier to beat Oblivion as a lvl 1 fighter than a lvl 30 fighter.
>>
>>379423349
Pretty much, yes. Oblivion would be a decent game if it wasn't for the absolutely retarded level scaling. After my first playthrough and figuring out how shit that game was, I pretty much only built characters with major/minor skills I would never use.
>>
>>379423658
>Then you're going to be slow as fuck, can't carry shit (I'll just waste half my juice on feather after every time I rest!), and can't get hit or you'll die.
It's almost like the concept of a mage is lost on you.
>>
>>379422821

That's assuming you can choose when you level up. Again, regenerating magicka means losing control over when you level up. You could be in the middle of a dungeon, have no potions (because you ran out of salts) and have to rest in order to fight the golden saint in the distance. Either you level up right there or you leave the dungeon and go back to town to train.

And you're wrong again about stats. Mages have 3 "relevant" stats, Intelligence, Willpower and Luck (which determines your chance to fail a cast, another reason why enchanting is always better). The only attributes that directly affects your spell casting is intelligence and Luck. Luck can't be increased by more than 1 at a time and Intelligence only governs Alchemy, Conjuration, Enchant, and Security. So if you've built your character to fight using magic, you are increasing magic resist not your magicka pool. Alchemy can be used to power level Intelligence but even that is cheesy system abuse.

>>379423349

Yes and no. Gaining piddly sums of attributes just slows the game down. If you're playing a mage then you definitely want those increases in maximum magicka in order to cast bigger spells that don't fail or get resisted. Basically, melee in Morrowind is easy mode and as soon as you try magic you open up a can of bad game design.

>>379423662

Oblivion's dull world and copy pasted caves would still keep it in the shitter.
>>
>>379422785
I've been trying for years to work up the courage.
>>
>>379421575
Riften is in Skyrim though.
>>
>>379423801

And again, I'm not saying that playing a mage is impossible in Morrowind, I'm saying that the game is fundamentally flawed and that whoever developed the magic system should be shot. It's bad game design after bad game design decision that is only alleviated through cheating the system. If you didn't google how to play the game beforehand you'd get absolutely fucked.

It's actually quite easy if you just forgo magic and focus on enchanting, but then there is the absolutely baffling decision to make it increase your magicka pool, a resource that you will never use.

>>379423793

Since when do mages have to be slow and can't carry shit? In most universes that isn't true and its doubly not true in the Elder Scrolls universe where descriptions of the Spellblade and Battlemage or actually, any class that uses magic, shows the opposite.
>>
>>379424309
>If you didn't google how to play the game
Holy shit, what would millennials do without the internet?

Everyone who initially bought the game played it the way they wanted to without a "guide" and no doubt did just fine. It is IMPOSSIBLE to fuck up a character in Morrowind. The longer you play, the more ridiculously overpowered you get.
>>
>>379424309
Since spellblades and battlemages are not mages, but hybrids with actual competences in combat skills, and the actual mage archetype is defined strictly by having zero physical skills, which means it'll be weak and slow.
>>
>>379422975
A change is only needed the day I get proven wrong. Morrowind is a highly flawed game that is extremely overrated by others partly due to the reasons I have listed. Not a single one of these reminiscing posts will even vaguely mention what I have mentioned about the game.
>>
>>379424672

People didn't play mages, which is clear from how much misinformation in this thread. And people did complain about it back then. Nothing I'm saying is new, people knew the game was broken back at release. Its only after Oblivion came out that Morrowind revisionists started to ignore all it's glaring flaws and call it a perfect game.

And again, I'm not saying its hard to play a mage. I'm saying that the game is poorly designed and being a pure mage shafts you in more ways than one. You've been wrong about basic game mechanics already as have other people, like that mongoloid who never crafted a single potion and thought that comberries alone can create a restore magicka potion so its pretty clear that your opinion doesn't matter. Everything you say is right about a melee character and wrong about mages.

>>379425031

Pure mages aren't slow in the game either. Read the books or look at NPCs like Jagar Tharn. Shit, unarmored is a magic skill and it governs speed so don't try and say that mages are supposed to be slow when the game intends them to be naturally faster than fighters and archers.
>>
>>379425948
>Jagar Tharn
You mean a Battlemage? Stop confusing things, I'm strictly talking about the "mage" archetype as defined in the games.
>Shit, unarmored is a magic skill and it governs speed so don't try and say that mages are supposed to be slow when the game intends them to be naturally faster than fighters and archers.
You're the one that said that mages were slow, not me, if unarmored is indeed governed by speed then why did you say that to begin with?
>>
>>379423892
It was also the home for the local Thieves Guild, a Mafia boss, a junkie and a homeless jewellery merchant while also hosting a temple of love and a pub famous for being where the first queen of morrowind got fucked unconscious by a khajiit's thorny cock.
I didn't find the other cities that interesting. You never had a reason to go to falkreath unless you wanted to find the dark brotherhood
>>
>>379420517
>and you pray that you don't resist the spell (which you will because you're leveling up Willpower)
This is wrong: spells are absorbed BEFORE they are resisted. A Breton Atronach won't have a harder time absorbing spells than any other Atronach.

>Enchanting removes the reason to use any other school because it contains every spell effect within it.
I think Morrowind's enchanted items recharging on their own instead of requiring soul gems is stupid, so I agree with you there. Honestly if it were up to me I'd rather go back to Daggerfall's system where magic items cannot be repaired by any means and will eventually permanently break with any souls used to enchant them being released next to you ready for revenge. That said, it's worth noting that enchanting is extremely expensive and you have a hard limit on how powerful a spell you can create through it. Daedric Tower Shields are way too heavy to be lugging around everywhere, so realistically a high-level mage will be primarily be using their magicka to cast the spells that their exquisite rings can't handle, like summoning a Golden Saint for more than 40 seconds at a time or Commanding high-level targets. When it comes to endgame magery, my best use of enchanted items was just fortifying my stats to let me cast even more powerful stuff rather than casting them directly from the items.

As for the resting thing, I'm not sure why you make leveling up such a big deal. 2 or 3 points in a couple primary attributes is a GOOD level up. I think the Morrowind/Oblivion attribute system is retarded in a lot of ways, but getting less than 4 or 5 does not mean you fucked up, it just means you aren't intentionally min-maxing everything at all times. If you are in fact doing that, then there's no point in complaining about cheesing the game when that's your entire reason for playing in the first place.

The REAL problem with mages in Morrowind is how many reflecting enemies show up at high levels.
>>
>>379425948
>so its pretty clear that your opinion doesn't matter.
Holy shit, that wasn't even me, kid. Fuck off, you bitter, butthurt, faggot.
>>
>>379426181
Yeah man Riften is cool and shit but my point was this is a Morrowind thread.
>>
>>379419313
>Its the best way to play a mage because of the problems with regenerating magicka.
In your opinion.
>Do you know how leveling in Morrowind works? Sleeping forces you to level up so if you sleep to regenerate like intended then its very hard to get max attribute gains every level.
>powergaming in a single player game
lmao
>You need two ingredients which share an effect to get a potion with that effect. Comberries alone do not give you a magicka potion, you need to combine them with salts which are not easy to come by.
I forgot to mention how easy Frost Salts are to come by. They are also sold and restocked by various people as early as Balmora.
>From a flavor perspective, yes, but not from a gameplay perspective. Willpower governs your magicka resistance. Leveling up destruction demands greater levels of maximum magicka, which you get from intelligence. So playing the game normally, as intended, results in you gaining levels in an attribute that doesn't actually help you. You can increase your willpower but you won't be able to cast new spells.
Willpower also decides how successful you are when casting a spells. You might want to play Morrowind sometime.
>Its like you actually haven't played the game because you keep being wrong. Enchanting removes the reason to use any other school because it contains every spell effect within it.[...] Your statement doesn't even make sense because it doesn't matter who does the enchanting, you using the enchanted item increases your enchanting skill.
Play the game some time anon. Like I said you have to intentionally break the game to make useful enchantments yourself. Your chance of failure is huge otherwise compared to NPCs.
>>
Shut the fuck about your fucking prehistoric outdated piece of shit game.
>>
>>379426143
>You mean a Battlemage? Stop confusing things, I'm strictly talking about the "mage" archetype as defined in the games.

In practice, there is no difference in the TES setting. You're confusing different universes for TES. The mage archetype includes all the subsections in TES. Jagar Tharn isn't just an battle mage, he's the imperial battlemage and his position is akin to archetypical advisor mages in other settings. And because of how magic works in Tamriel, pure mages are not that common.

>You're the one that said that mages were slow, not me, if unarmored is indeed governed by speed then why did you say that to begin with?

Because I'm not, dumbass. I'm saying that mages aren't supposed to be slow.

>> if unarmored is indeed governed by speed
>if
It's not an if, it is. Why are you even posting if you've never played Morrowind?

>>379426364
>As for the resting thing, I'm not sure why you make leveling up such a big deal. 2 or 3 points in a couple primary attributes is a GOOD level up.

Sure, 2-3 is fine. But resting after combat means you'll be getting 1s more often than not. And its not like other attributes like speed, endurance, strength or even personality should be neglected. Unless you've beelined for the boots of blinding speed, you're going to want to increase other attributes as well.

>The REAL problem with mages in Morrowind is how many reflecting enemies show up at high levels.

There one problem. It all adds up to a shitpile of game design.

>>>379426840
>Fuck off, you bitter, butthurt, faggot.

Sure you aren't talking about yourself, kiddo? If you're not that guy then why get mad? It's an anonymous board, mistakes happen. No need to get angry. Unless that was you.
>>
>>379407620
>Race
Redguard or Breton
>Weapon Type
Blunt. Very versatile, 1 handed, 2 handed, staff, and especially Sunder.
>Magic School
Illusion for most pragmatic magic such as calm and chameleon, with favorite spells being Mark and Recall.
>Faction
Mage's Guild for life. Shoutout to the temple though.
>City
Sadrith Mora
>Waifu
Galbedier, yo
>>
>>379427163
>In practice, there is no difference in the TES setting.
But there literally, practically is. There's a mage class and a battlemage class, they're different.
>>
File: team-freedoma.jpg (397KB, 2150x1209px) Image search: [Google]
team-freedoma.jpg
397KB, 2150x1209px
>>379405884
Morrowind co-op is bae
>>
>>379423801
>The only attributes that directly affects your spell casting is intelligence and Luck
Completely wrong. Intelligence effects your magicka which only matters if you don't have enough to cast in the first place. Willpower on the other hand is the attribute that influences your chance to cast all spells, and (as in most of Morrowind's attribute-influenced mechanics) is twice as effective as Luck in that regard.

>Sure, 2-3 is fine. But resting after combat means you'll be getting 1s more often than not.
Wait, what? How in the hell are you getting 1s? You'd have to gain 10 skill levels among your major/minors without using a single skill governed by any of your three chosen attributes for that to happen.

I love when people try to shit on a game without understanding even the most basic mechanics, and I really love the irony when they condescendingly accuse others of the same to dismiss their opinions. Just like the guy who posted >>379414996 who had a similar attitude in his first thread before it was revealed that he didn't even know what persuasion does at all, how the calm spell worked, or that creatures and NPCs could be taken through doors and travel services.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.