[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts about the original Xbox? Other than the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: VK4ZOCpGD4SCA6hc[1].jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
VK4ZOCpGD4SCA6hc[1].jpg
65KB, 800x600px
What are your thoughts about the original Xbox?
Other than the cancerous online, it was an incredible console and had some truly outstanding games.
>>
>>379403018
It was pretty good with some memorable games but I still prefer Playstation 2 and GameCube over it any day.
>>
>>379403018
Ninja Gaiden Black boys
>>
>>379403018
The online was a great addition, especially since it had an integrated NIC you could transfer files with via FTP after modding. It's probably the best console I've ever owned.
>>
It's the best console of its generation and the fact third party Japs didn't support it by making their games multiplatform is a real shame, since going back to that generation of games you are mostly stuck with the PS2 and its horrifc hardware limitations.
>>
>>379403451
Despite the lack of sizeable Jap third-party support, it still ended up with some great Jap exclusives. Although the Dreamcast going under definitely helped with all the Sega games that were exclusive.
>>
Not the best option these days but it's fun to mod and put some emulators on. Shame about the disc drive but there's always FTP.
>>
Had the best multiplats and It picked up a lot of Sega games that were originally going to go to the Dreamcast.
A hacked xbox is probably the best 6th gen console.
>>
For some reason, I just can't get softmodding to work on my Xbox.
I'm following the steps but for some reason the Splinter Cell save I've transferred onto the USB doesn't show up, despite the USB transferring normal Xbox saves just fine.

Oh well, at least picking up most original Xbox games is dirt cheap at the moment and my console is in great condition so I don't need to worry about the laser for a while.
>>
>>379404061
I hope you remove the clock capacitor, my dude.
>>
Pretty much unknown console to me since my country was PS2 nation, but there are some game I want to play, like the Panzer Dragoon, Ninja Gaiden Black (how is it different from Sigma, though) and, specially, Jet Set Radio Future. Is it anything else I'm missing?
>>
>>379404061
I remember doing that for my OG Box and that shit was a fucking pain. I think it has to be a specific version of SC to work. I didn't even have a USB to use, so I used my PSP and it worked surprisingly.
Hardest part by far is hot switching the HDDs. I went through like 4 HDDs trying to find one that worked.
>>
>>379404249
Literally the first thing I did as soon as I bought it.
>>
>>379404061
Are your saves the correct region?

>>379404428
MechAssault is pretty neat.
>>
Ninja Gaiden Black is one of the finest action games of all time, Jet Set Radio Future is very nice as well.
Some 3rd party games have a huge graphical leap compared to the PS2 / Gamecube versions, but I don't really care honestly.
>>379404428
Ninja Gaiden Black has faster loadtimes, no rachel missions, and some better character skins.
The game feels better on an Xbox controller too, I like Black better - but they're essentially the same game
>>
>>379403018

I like the selection of Sega exclusives. The controller is comfortable, and I enjoy the triggers in racing games. The multiplats were always best on this console if they weren't on PC.
>>
File: 61T1q9R3uuL._SY300_[1].jpg (32KB, 214x300px) Image search: [Google]
61T1q9R3uuL._SY300_[1].jpg
32KB, 214x300px
Marvel vs Capcom 2 is cheaper to buy physically on the Xbox than it is on the PS2 or the Dreamcast.
Is this port any good? I wouldn't mind having a physical copy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.