[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it actually good, or was it just better than the shit that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 30

Was it actually good, or was it just better than the shit that came before and after?
>>
>>379395379
I enjoyed it, the land and lore of Pandaria was refreshing compared to previous and future expansions.

From a game play perspective It added a lot of quality of life improvements, I just wish they had made it a bit more difficult as after TBC shit that wasn't hardcore raiding became a god damn breeze.
>>
>>379395548
But TBC outside raiding wasn't hard unless you were a pug shitter.

Mop was good because cata, legion, and wod was total garbage. The valor and reputation grind was horseshit, and 13 months of siege of orgrimmar killed what could've been a great expansion overall.
>>
It was good shit. The required dailies were a pain in the ass during the earlier part of the expansion, but jeeze I got to listen to a lot of podcasts. Tanked and healed as a Monk and loved every fucking second of it (RIP Monk). Waaay better than Cata
>>
>>379395379
It was surprisingly good. I was greatly biased against it, but actually greatly enjoyed it.
>>
>>379395930
The dailies themselves weren't even to blame.
The daily limit and faction gating were the real problems. They should've let us pick which factions to grind first at will, because some had completely useless rewards for one characters and must haves for the others.
>>
>>379395379
>we want the weeb audience
>>
>>379395868
Well considering I was like 12/13 back in TBC It might of had something to do with it feeling more difficult, but man in the later years of WoW I missed having to get a group together to take down a quest boss. In shit like WoD you'd be able to solo almost any of them. Haven't played since WoD don't ever plan on going back to it either shit had it's day and it's long passed.
>>
>>379396125
(you)
>>
It was an amazing landmass which is still stunningly beautiful. Blizzard has a problem leaving the safety zone when it comes to overall worldspace design though, which is why Broken Isles looks almost identical on a map.

And before cocksmokers throw too much shit around with "wuebhuh muh weeb audience" everything in Pandaria was Chinese inspired. There was next to nothing Japanese whatsoever.
>>
It's a fucking gorgeous continent and you can really feel the love poured into the lore

I can't judge it for when it was released though, because I didn't play it then - and I'll forever be mad that there's content that looked great but they just straight up deleted.
>>
>>379395379
TBC > VANILLA = WOTLK > [gap the size of boötes void] > MOP > catalegion whatever trash comes next
>>
File: sweatneverhood.png (71KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweatneverhood.png
71KB, 300x300px
>yfw hitting Klaxxi exalted and being invited into the vault
>>
I liked it a lot, it was my favorite expansion after TBC. I had good memories.

Loved playing Brewmaster monk then.
>>
From what I've gathered it apparently had a healthy amount of high-quality content, better balance than anything since (and rarely before), and the main complaint seems to be final tier lasting for fucking forever but that's every post-TBC expansion for you.

Then again, I would say it's only "good", seeing as that by then the style of the game had changed from themepark MMO to Facebook and queue simulator that has no pretense of even being an RPG, complete with """cinematic""" follow-the-arrow questing and all that shit. And of course, it bears the baggage of cumulative lore rape from all prior iterations. I personally tried doing MOP questing during a free game time offer and couldn't stomach it any longer than 30 quests or so, finding it offensive, but when people claim MOP is their favourite iteration of WoW, I believe they are well-justified in this opinion, they just tolerate (or even like) that style of game (the same I cannot say about WotLK for instance).
>>
>>379396140
12/13 what? Not to shit on you, but progress in TBC doesn't mean much if you don't say when you did it. They nerfed so much shit later on, and they started with the whole gladiator weapons being more viable than PvE loot which boosted tons of people.

I mean, it wasn't impressive to clear BT in TBC because the time gap between BT and SW was huge. But if you tell me you encounters like pre nerf gruul and kael'thas it means more.
>>
>>379396358
Nobody thinks it was weeb shit, it was very obviously chink pandering (hue) so their giant chink playerbase could feel at home when they grind for 16 hours a day.
>>
>>379396897
>And of course, it bears the baggage of cumulative lore rape from all prior iterations.

The strength of MoP was that it kind of didn't. It invented a new continent and for the most part it's all completely new lore (except the Horde vs. Alliance core idea). It helped make it feel very cohesive.
>>
>>379395379
It was ok, had some great parts, had some bad parts

Looks a lot better because Cataclysm and everything after mop were so shit
>>
>>379395379
>The farm plot
>The endless dailies
>13 months for single (1) raid tier
>That "we're super srs about pandas guis it was spose to be in TBC" sales pitch
>Removal of the favoured PVP zone from previous 2 expansions
>Introduction of the (YOU) all get a Legendary system
>Removal of anything rare from the game with BMAH

Nostalgia fags fuck off REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>379396906
T6 was easier than even the most nerfed Kael/Vashj anyway. Once attunements were lifted, it was very common to see guilds quickly getting 4/5 Hyjal 4-7/9 BT without having done T5 final bosses earlier.

>>379397129
On the other hand, you still have space goat draenei running around etc. A fresh continent with new lore (the Sha and what have did seem quite compelling, I admit) does help but the problem didn't disappear.
>>
>>379395379
Mogu raids were top tier, Mantids were cool too
>>
>>379395379
I loved it and I am genuinely saddened that it didn't sell well, because what they followed up with was cata tier. I understand fully why people would be turned off of the setting, but so many people missed out and also caused blizzard to go into repair mode just to cater to a bigger demographic, not the consumers faults though, its blizzard's.
>>
>>379395379
I ran through all the content during SoO (I quit midway through Cata) and had a lot of fun. Might have just been me enjoying playing WoW again though. I haven't tried to get into it since.
>>
File: 1466032759524.jpg (71KB, 540x803px) Image search: [Google]
1466032759524.jpg
71KB, 540x803px
>>379395379
I skipped this whole expansion pack and came back for WoD (big mistake).

I can that leveling through Pandaria was fun. Also I really liked what they did with professions. They really gave them a lot of attention. Cooking and fishing were both pretty cool. And then they turned around and shit on professions royally with WoD.

Based on what I've seen, it's better than WoD and Cata. Worse that Vanilla through WotLK.
>>
>>379396964
>Nobody thinks it was weeb shit
Hey retard.

>>379396125
>>
>>379397748
T6 was hard if you didn't have shamans, enough casters, and warglaives. I know because my guild disbanded after the third boss I believe
>>
>>379397925
It was an expansion that felt closest to spirit of vanilla, more about adventuring and discovering than stopping evil forces. Of course that is there too, but the adventure takes the front scene. I would like to have another more lay-back expansion, i'm tired of all these world destroyer storylines.
>>
MoP=Wrath>TBC>Legion>Vanilla>Cata>Warlords
>>
>>379397748
>On the other hand, you still have space goat draenei running around etc. A fresh continent with new lore (the Sha and what have did seem quite compelling, I admit) does help but the problem didn't disappear.

I mean yeah, you're not going to delete player characters all of a sudden. I appreciated how much it stayed in Pandaria, though, and how well drawn all the new races were (in particular the Klaxxi, which were really interesting and fresh feeling).
>>
>>379395379
MoP>BC>WotK>Cata>legion>WoD
honestly
>>
>>379396897
MMO questing doesn't have to be tedious repetitive grinding like pre Cata quests though. Especially now that everyone knows that the best part of an MMO is it's endgame. Modern questing style does a better job of storytelling and setting expansion than the older more static form of questing where nothing changes. If you have ever actually dungeoned extensively, you would know why the queue system is there. MoP has the least lore rape of any iteration of WoW since almost all of it is new stuff while actually focusing on Alliance vs Horde as well.

MoP definitely had its problems that others have mentioned ITT, but nothing what you're talking about.
>>
>>379398278
Yeah, that's exactly why I loved it. It had that humble adventurer feeling, a threat with the sha, and the looming war with the alliance and the horde tension all in one. It is the epitome of a diamond in the rough and I'm glad I got to play it.
>>
>>379398494
>>379398526
How to spot people that haven't played MMOs for a long time and are lying.

How the fuck do you put an expansions with looking for raid/dungeon above anything? Cancer.
>>
>>379395379
It was unironically the best WoW expansion.
>>
>>379395379

It was amazing.
>>
>>379395379
best music for an expansion
throne of thunder was one of the best raids
isle of thunder was like isle of quel'danas but much improved
i'd give it 8/10
>>
File: 1480098909404.jpg (18KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
1480098909404.jpg
18KB, 448x336px
Mist of Pandaria landed a nice balance where you character felt strong but at the same time the PvE still felt challenging. I miss a lot of the talents that I ran with from that era of the game, and Inscription was actually relevant as a new profession, whereas now it's just a weaker and less-useful version of alchemy.

Dungeons were good, raids were good, music was some of the best. Of course there was some grindy daily shitfest, but it's not as bad as Warloads of Draenor.

I'm still on the fence about if it was racist toward the Chinese.
>>
>>379398570
Vanilla questing was pretty good before the likes of Thottbot were out, meaning that all the mystery is lost

TBC was a good expansion thanks to its raids and community, but jesus fuck the questing was awful, probably even worse than vanilla because the exploration was lost but the bad quest design still existed
>>
>>379398718
I'd imagine because they aren't autistic enough to let one bad feature outweigh all the good things something did.
>>
>>379398718
How to spot someone that hasn't extensively done dungeons/raids in MMOs. Queueing is a godsend because of how much time wasting is removed due to a variety of factors.
>>
>>379398718
Even when LFR exists, there's still guild raiding, which is best content in the game. You can shit on /MoP/WoD/Legion all day long, but the raids are still good and challenging.
>>
>>379399104
>I'm still on the fence about if it was racist toward the Chinese.

What? It's a fucking love song to Chinese culture, unless you think pandas are racist or something
>>
>>379398258
I'm talking about BT/Hyjal, I would have called Sunwell "SWP" or T6.5. The tier items might still have shared T6 set bonuses but it dropped loot for all item slots one tier worth of item level above BT/Hyjal loot (154 vs 141, T5 was 128 - the same 13ilvl gap), all armour classes had unique sets (although different classes admittedly only had recolours) and the step up in difficulty was more significant than anything prior.
>>
>>379395379
I really hated the theme, but can't argue with the polish it brought. Also all the troll related stuff was great
>>
>>379395379
I liked it. I really felt like an adventurer exploring a new land. I even liked the daily islands because it encouraged grouping up.
It also introduced the best spell in the game: http://www.wowhead.com/item=82470/ancient-tome-of-portal-dalaran
>>
File: laughdoggirl.gif (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
laughdoggirl.gif
2MB, 400x240px
>>379399294
>tfw I still use this at the end of every raid and dungeon group
>people still fall for it

it's the little things
>>
File: Crossfire-CN.jpg (77KB, 368x198px) Image search: [Google]
Crossfire-CN.jpg
77KB, 368x198px
>>379396964
>so their giant chink playerbase could feel at home when they grind for 16 hours a day.

That's not how escapism works, sweetie.
>>
>>379395379
Only expansion I didn't touch. The raids were apparently pretty amazing, but idk... the entire aesthetic of the content was just so out of left field that is was really jarring. At least for me.
>>
>>379399394
I always placed one on top of the refreshments table.
>>
>>379399151
No, Vanilla questing was also collect 10 bear asses with 5% drop rate with no variety. Besides, anything that relies on just knowledge isn't a test of player skill nor is it that immersive especially when you will make more than one toon and it becomes a pain to go through it all again.
>>
File: C7ZH4amW4AIcYUV.jpg large.jpg (302KB, 1495x2023px) Image search: [Google]
C7ZH4amW4AIcYUV.jpg large.jpg
302KB, 1495x2023px
PVP was very fun dont know shit about the PVE end of things.
>>
>>379399561
It starts off all nice and cuddly, but gets more fucked up as you go through. Really pulling off well the "pandas were nice but people until Mists, the shas, Raden, Alliance and Horde fucked everything up" thing
>>
>>379399705
Oh yeah, I also place them inside the warlock summoning portals, they have massive hitboxes for some reason

>>379399745
Are you implying there's questing in WoW that requires "player skill" except maybe those Hunter/Priest epics in vanilla? Come on. Yes, there were a lot of boar asses, but if you didn't know the world you'd constantly come across semi-hidden quests and people looking to work together with you.

It wasn't technically better by any stretch of the imagination, but it was fun in early vanilla.
>>
File: raden.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
raden.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
>>379399938
I'd argue it's probably the most fucked up expansion, themes wise. It has slavery, a fuckload of torture (including Raden, what the fuck), fleshshaping, actual war angst and looking into the darkness of the soul of people in a way that felt pretty natural.
>>
>>379399745
I liked it because mobs weren't so damn weak. What's the point of leveling when mobs can't kill you?
>>
>>379400020
No, questing never required skill, that's my point. To make something that doesn't engage the player at all as time consuming as it was in vanilla was absurd.
>>
>>379400297
But it did engage the player, which is the point - mostly because you were forced to explore and team up with other people. It created a sense of community.

The questing experience was completely different in vanilla and there were definitely too FEW quests (as in, at some levels initially you had to grind because you were through the available quests), but it wasn't bad, it just focused on different aspects of the game.
>>
>>379400020
Again, because it's a time consuming slog. Also past lvl 10 only warrior really had any trouble with these so called "hard mobs." Shit was overturned so skill was never a factor.
>>
>>379400297
The strength of a mob compared to that of the player was much higher than any other expansion. You did have to be careful with pulling mobs and actually use what few defensive cooldowns you had if you overpulled.
It wasn't hard but it wasn't effortless.
>>
>>379400607
>Also past lvl 10 only warrior really had any trouble with these so called "hard mobs."

confirmed for never played vanilla

good luck tackling those elites
>>
>>379400546
>engage
Two button rotations aren't engaging. No real interesting variety isn't engaging.

>forced to team
No you weren't. Unless you were a warrior, or if you did group quests (you still gotta group for groups quests.)
>>
>>379400929
group quests were EVERYWHERE though, they don't really exist any more

the world had a ton of areas that kind of played like dungeons, like Stromgarde, Jintha'Alor, or Dun Modr

hell, even playing Nostalrius forced me to team constantly for these kinds of areas, even though much of the magic was gone because everyone knew were everything was
>>
>>379400826
Add another player to form a party, proceed to braindead wail on the elite.

Ssssoooo much skill.

I have solod Hogger at lvl 10 in Vanilla as made using just one health potion, too. Doesn't require skill at all. Just a waste of fucking time because I needed that mage to get to 60 since I wasn't gonna spec my Warr tank to DPS and nobody wanted my Warlock.
>>
>>379400929
>No you weren't
Confirmed for never questing in Hillsbrad. Hillsbrad fields was a fucking nightmare if you played alone.
>>
>>379401374
>because I needed that mage to get to 60 since I wasn't gonna spec my Warr tank to DPS and nobody wanted my Warlock.

so you didn't play early vanilla at all then? thanks for the confirmation of what was already pretty obvious
>>
>>379401338
Because having lower level group quests isn't conducive to a game where majority of active player base is high level. In the form of World Quests we have more group quests than ever, but that's strictly for high level players.
>>
File: HUH.jpg (79KB, 453x634px) Image search: [Google]
HUH.jpg
79KB, 453x634px
>>379401374
>>379400929
>>379400297
>vanilla mobs weren't hard

you're cute
>>
>>379401580
I have yet to see a world quest that requires a group that isn't a raid boss of some kind, honestly. I do group for them because it's faster, but it's through addons and automation and there's zero need to stay with people for more than ~5 minutes so you don't talk.

It shows a difference of philosophy with vanilla, where the actual levelling part of the game felt like it was the main thing, rather than doing shit at max level. I understand why the focus shifted, but it's too bad it did.
>>
>>379401578
Lock DPS was unwanted in Vanilla during low debuff limit. My main is a warrior I still play. I switched from Lock leveling to Mage leveling because Mages were best ranged DPS. If you have one of the potions from the Murdock quest, as well as frost nova, you can kite the shit out of hogger.
>>
>>379398570
On the other hand, MMO questing also shouldn't be
* a series of would-be cinematic scenes: actual cinematics like Wrathgate are all good but I feel embarrassed watching any of the in-game stuff that tries anything more than NPCs talking because it's just so fucking clumsy
* every player being treated as The Hero, which obviously doesn't make sense
* taking place inside instances in which you are removed from the rest of the game world
* half of the game being spent in vehicles not controlling your character, often times in completely stupid and unthematic ways (massacring enemies by the hundreds with a simple cannon... why not just deploy a couple of those and beat the enemy for good?)
* leaving behind areas that don't even try to display any sort of believable status quo but just the immediate aftermath of the events that unfolded (after I do the quest "Disrupt the attacks" and still see quillboars around in Barrens, it doesn't necessarily break the suspension of disbelief because the game world is scaled down - lore-wise Stormwind for example has 200k population - and I just stopped some trouble-makers rather than committing complete quillboar genocide, the same cannot be said about all of the phased stuff), breaking the integrity of the game world even further

Plus, I personally loathe the rigid linear structure of questing or "epic" Hollywood-esque storylines (in my opinion games as a medium tend to do better when they focus on worldbuilding rather than narrative anyway, and this is triply so for MMOs) but that's not in violation of what I consider the core MMO design tenets.

Having greater variety in quests is all good, and so is the removal of shit quests that only serve as traps to trick newbies waste time on stuff ten times less efficient than grinding mobs, but by Cata WoW questing jumped the shark and went too far.
>>
File: NostCucks.png (609KB, 1644x720px) Image search: [Google]
NostCucks.png
609KB, 1644x720px
>>379395379
It was objectively the best expansion and still holds up as being the best expansion

People who complain "omg pandas wtf" are just menchildren and need to grow up
>>
>>379395379
The best expansion
>>
>>379401934
I bet loved questing in Uldum.
>>
>>379395379
I don't know but I can tell you that pandas are pretty badass so it's awesome that Warcraft made pandas into some badass kung fu fighting race. I haven't played WoW but I like playing the pandas in HotS.
>>
>>379402090
>I bet loved
you loved
>>
File: ss02.jpg (98KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
ss02.jpg
98KB, 1024x680px
>>379395379
It was the swan song passion project of the OG Blizzards. Of course it was their best.

Anything after was made by Jay Wilson's Tumblrina hires.
>>
>>379401867
And Vanilla was no different? Vanilla encouraged grouping through 1. Efficiency and 2. Mobs that can't be solo'd.

WQs encourage grouping for the same reason.

>leveling the main thing
Hahahahahah. This is blatantly not true with the sheer amount of endgame grinding and patch progression through endgamein WoW.

Vanilla wasn't the high community interaction at all levels MMO at that time. Star Wars Galaxies was.
>>
>>379397689
>Removal of the favoured PVP zone from previous 2 expansions
Because Trashran was the hottest shit ever right?
>>
>>379402090
It made me want to kill myself. I don't generally mind the pop-culture references in WoW, but making the ENTIRE FUCKING ZONE (that could have been about titan lore and shit) one big Indiana Jones joke is too much. And the pitiful attempts of cinematics of Harrison "not Indy" Jones swinging around ropes for example were AWFUL.

Although I have one confession to make. I actually liked the quest where you rolled over a thousand gnomes. But that's kinda the thing: it's fine to have a funny meme quest every now and then, but when every second quest is like that it goes way too far both in terms of pacing and maintaining any semblance of worldbuilding, especially when that kind of mechanics are applied to quests and storylines that aren't supposed to be taken as a joke.
>>
>>379402259
>And Vanilla was no different? Vanilla encouraged grouping through 1. Efficiency and 2. Mobs that can't be solo'd.

I just told you why it was different - read past a single sentence. The time spent with other random people was way, way higher, while it's all super fast now. Don't pretend community cohesion wasn't much higher in vanilla WoW than it is now, because everyone knows that's true. Even server communities in itself were pretty huge.

>Hahahahahah. This is blatantly not true with the sheer amount of endgame grinding and patch progression through endgamein WoW.

Most people didn't do very much endgame in vanilla past the high level non-raid dungeons - raid dungeons mostly required potion grinds and some gear, but barely anyone checked back then. Grinding isn't "content" either in the same way that questing was. Levelling was very clearly the main thing in vanilla until later.
>>
>>379402264
>Ashran
>PREVIOUS to MoP
>Reading comprehension
>>
MoP had the best raids, hands down. There were a lot of bosses that used the environments in the raid which make the best kinds of bosses. Legion hasn't had a single boss that uses the environment except Helya. Even WoD had a few in BRF.

Legion bosses have been pretty damn lazy so far, but I think ToS fixes that.
>>
>>379399561
best raids 100% alltime and still to this day

>>379399938
>>379400196
game was literally just a retelling of Chinese histories, with Pandas, Rabbits, Fish, Monkeys and Bugs as the characters, which is quite quaint considering it's Chinese based
>>
>>379395548
>raiding became a god damn breeze
What? You are as wrong as it gets if you think anything in TBC is as hard as Paragons or Garrosh. TBC was only "hard" because you spent fucking forever grinding for consumes. Or you had bad raid design like Kael'thas fight where the Warrior Legendary's a fucking dagger and nobody's skilled their daggers as a warrior. The raid mechanics themselves were simple as hell (FFS the standout of TBC was Muru just because it had a lot of awfully tuned mobs in it rather than complex mechanics.)

TBC wasn't hard to solo either. If you were any class with circumvention built into it (basically anyone that's not a warrior), the stronger quest mobs were easily soloable as well.
>>
>>379402923
>Not taking the NEXT PvP Zone added as a what could've been
Seems like you have no Brain whatsoever because MoP would've gotten something like Ashran. Because Holinka.
And don't tell me Tol Barad wasn't already a massive step down from Wintergrasp
>>
>>379402952
>Legion hasn't had a single boss that uses the environment except Helya.

Elrethe, Krosus, Cenarius, and Skorpyron all use the environment unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by that
>>
>>379402923
>>379403367
Also Dominance Point was basically the Template for Ashran
>>
>farming isle of giants with your friends when a 5 man horde group appears

Honestly most fun pvp for warlock was MoP
>>
>>379395379
I love how they ham fisted the fucking great wall in there. Truly the pinnacle of innovative game design
>>
>>379403654
>ham-fisted

like three of the zones are based around it
>>
>>379403786
It made no sense from a lore stand point. It barely blocks off part of the map. And it's just the general idea that while they were designing a Chinese themed expansion that they thought adding in a fucking great wall wasn't going to be laughable
>>
>>379403930
>It made no sense from a lore stand point.

you didn't actually play MoP did you
>>
>>379403370
Forgot about Krosus, and Elrethe does on Mythic, I guess, but only for only like 4 people who go in the portals. Almost every boss in BRF did. The trains, jumping on the boats, dodging the rolling guy in the maze, blackhand knocking people up and breaking the floor, conveyor belts, blowing up the furnace, etc.
>>
>>379404201
Crap, I was thinking of Dragons, not Elrethe... so I guess Elrethe, too. I wouldn't count Cenarius though.
>>
>>379401934
>cinematics
This is why they started adding actual cinematics come WoD. But idk how other stuff is clumsy. It's pretty obvious what happens in each scene it's not like the stuff is abstract.
>hero
More like each player is treated as central to each story, immersing the player more into the story of the zones themselves. (ex. your character isn't the only one captured and cured in the Gilneas storyline, but you get to see your own feralness taken care of)
>instances
Phases aren't instances. Only instanced questing happens in the first bits of Gilneas and Kezan. Other players in the same phase of a quest or zone can join you as well other wise. Just give the DK starting zone a peak if you don't believe this. Phasing also makes sense from a chronological story perspective since early leveling zones actually take place right after Deathwing smashes the world and time moves on from there.
>half the game in vehicles
This is blatantly not true since most vehicle quests give you control of them as well and they don't make up half of all quests either.
>leaving behind areas that don't even try to display any sort of believable status quo
And the aftermath can't entail the new status quo? The orc general heading Stonetalon dies and the giant tree thing blows up, but that doesn't change the fact that Stonetalon is still a contested alliance/horde zone. Same with Ashenvale where the chronology is first half of horde quests -> first half of alliance quests -> both happening at the same time, where the end still gives advantage to Night elves as the lore says. In the case of Gilneas, the Forsaken back the fuck out and Worgen all go to NE land. The status quo of it as a result is the Battle For Gilneas BG. Not sure what the problem is here.

If your problem is that other players also do these quests, I have already explained how phasing accounts for different time periods.
>>
>>379404201
Oh, that's what you mean. Who had this kind of stuff in MoP? I only played through it in Legion meaning that for the raids most bosses were one-shot, but there didn't seem to be as much moving parts or whatever even then. Elegon? That dragon in SoO?
>>
Raids were good and the questing was an improvement over the last few expansions, but overworld content became much too easy for me to have fun doing in
>>
>>379404437
Galakras, Siegecrafter? Iron Juggernaut? not sure about the last two. but that's Siege only
>>
>>379403367
You can speculate what the quality would've been all you want. The fact we got Ashran in the following expansion proves that players wanted that kind of content and MoP removed a feature, regardless of perceived quality.

Holinka fired when?
>>
File: Warcraft Reactions.png (3MB, 2168x2220px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft Reactions.png
3MB, 2168x2220px
>>379395379
Legitimately good
>>
>>379403249
>dagger legendary
For real? What was the name? That's hilarious
>>
>>379402906
>The time spent with other random people was way, way higher
Only in the lower levels. When there are so few lower level people, it's a baseless statistic to determine anything.
>Most people didn't do very much endgame in vanilla past the high level non-raid dungeons - raid dungeons mostly required potion grinds and some gear, but barely anyone checked back then. Grinding isn't "content" either in the same way that questing was. Levelling was very clearly the main thing in vanilla until later.
If this was true, they would have expanded leveling in Vanilla itself. But it's not. Even back then the saying "lvl 1-59 is just the tutorial" used to be said, and what 60s used to tell us before we got to 60 as well.
>>
>>379404730
>playing RTS or MMOs with a controller

Pleb image.
>>
>>379395379
the mantis and mogu factions/races were the best thing that happenned to wow
the ost was great
the jobs were the most satisfying

but it was ruinned by underage wrath babies who jumped on the "LOL KUNG FU PANDA XD" train and the whole year of nothing after the siege of orgrimmar
>>
>>379404706
Siegecrafter and Juggernaut don't really use the environment, they're similar to something like Gul'dan or Trilliax. Galakras was the dragon I meant.

Not trying to test you or something, I love these kinds of bosses too, just wondering how many there were. ToS has a fucking hilarious looking fight that has a pit right in the middle that you have to jump into at the right time, which seems right up your alley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2va3KPFZHs
>>
>>379395379
Pandaland was top comfy
ToT and SoO were good raids
that's about it
>>
>>379404865
Your Off-tank had to use

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Blade

This is one of the reasons why Kael'thas took so long for world first. The fight has two main, two off tanks, and none of the four tanks had daggers skilled up.
>>
>>379404881
Yea I have played a lot of games where the max level folks would always say "The game doesn't get started until max level" when usually it ended up with you just doing the same shit over and over.
>>
Classes were hundreds times more fun and unique

Once you got out of the first zone the leveling was fine

5 mans were alright

Actual good mini patches

3 good raid tiers, ToT and SOO being top 5 all time

Pvp actually played
>>
File: 1486712363475.gif (817KB, 272x241px) Image search: [Google]
1486712363475.gif
817KB, 272x241px
Heart of Fear was pretty cool
Thunder King was fucking amazing and one of their best raids in a long time
Fuck anyone who disagrees
>>
>>379405246
Wow. I got into WoW like halfway into BC. Must have been in the ninth grade. I would play on and off until right when MoP came out, then I got max level for the first time. I missed all the end-game pre-MoP. Sad
>>
File: 0b8.gif (2MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
0b8.gif
2MB, 320x287px
WotLK was great
Burning Crusade was good
Vanilla was good but improved upon by the expansions
Mists of Pandaria was okay
Cataclysm was underwhelming except for Worgen, the race I wanted in since vanilla
Warlord of Draenor was surprisingly unfun but the Alliance Garrison music was tip fucking top

Haven't played Legion.
>>
File: 1427112033622.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1427112033622.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
>>379395379
>Protection Warrior fun as fuck in MoP, and Shield Slam atomized things
>Gladiator stance was fun in WoD before being nerfed to the absolute bottom of the pile 3 weeks in
>Protection in Legion
God why
>>
>Rare spawns/treasures done right
>Rep factions were done right but the daily cap needed changing
>Great zones
>Great additions to cooking and archaeology
>Ton of writing went into side stories
>ToT and SOO were great raids gameplay-wise (SoO's plot is still fucking stupid)
>You actually had to do the World Boss mechanics (yes I know they are easy but they arent pinatas at least)
>didnt have 4 fucking Raid difficulties
>>
>>379404437
Thone of Thunder had Ji-Kun, Lei Shen, Durumu with the maze, and I'd argue Tortos.

SoO had Siegecrafter, Sha of Pride (Pac-Man maze on mythic), Galakras, Garrosh, and Spoils.

Also Elegon and Blade Lord in the earlier raids.
>>
>>379405956
I still remember reading the shield slam notes.

It was the ONLY ability that you had to set up by using other abilities first. Fucking casuals.
>>
>>379405956
Legion prot was so boring, so I decided to try the other specs. I stuck with fury but at the time people swore by arms. Dunno, it was like "do this weak attack then do this really strong attack and repeat", but I guess that's how most of their classes are now, what with their "synergy" shit
>>
>>379395379
It had good Pandass
>>
>>379405871
Its worse than WoD in my opinion
WoD was stupid but I still had fun in Blackrock and the PVP was good

Legion has the same terrible writing of WoD, the same terrible zones, a horrible version of Tanaan and butchered classes and pvp

The only saving grace is the raids are still fun
Unfortunately item progression is fucking terrible and you have to grind for weeks/months hoping for random legendary drops and titanforging.
What makes it even worse is that heroic is the new normal mode so you have to grind your ilvl up that much higher to do the actual fun/challenging difficulty.

Also garrisons are back but are now required for item progression
Professions are pretty much useless outside of cooking and alchemy

Mythic+ is pure fucking autism
>>
>>379405246
Skilling up to -50 max skill takes an hour max and at that point you hit with most attacks (the skillup chance is pretty much 100% up to that point, as you can see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqa11gayS9U&feature=youtu.be&t=16s), and 350 skill doesn't take too much longer than that. That doesn't even register in time it took to beat the encounter.
>>
>>379396906
I was referring to the age i was back then.

In regrades to raiding the guild i was in progressed to Illidan post-Sunwell and we got up to the twins if i remember correctly before I stopped playing for several years.
>>
>>379395379
This was the building blocks of the ruinations of the inner mechanics of the game

also

>LEAD DEVELOPER PLAYS WITH A DRAWING TABLET
>>
>>379406612
M+ is shit because you have to do the same exact content every time they decide to increase the ilvl it drops, especially because it's the only way to get some relics with traits you want.

It would be a lot better if they remix the dungeons every time the ilvl cap changes.Some examples... one time you would have to do the dungeons in reverse boss order, one time it would teleport you to a random dungeon and place each time you killed a boss, and one time have an extra path with a new boss that is only available in M+ in each dungeon.

It's just so damn boring right now.
>>
>>379395379
Most fun class design (not necessarily balanced though), decent to great raids, interesting NEW lore and the zergy pvp was more enjoyable to me compared to the slog that it became in warlords, didn't even bother to try pvp in legion

it was an unexpectedly good time for the game, and I didn't appreciate it enough when it was current
>>
File: 1492360973260.jpg (221KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
1492360973260.jpg
221KB, 500x485px
Original WoW was the only good version of the game. If you didn't experience it from release you cannot and will not ever know what you missed out on.

There is a reason the original WoW is inducted into the Video Game Hall of Fame and none of the expansions are. It's not your fault you were born too late, sorry.
>>
>>379396192
>>379398204
>still in denial
>>
>>379395379
Thank god most people can agree that MoP was good. I had the most fun in that expac overall. Also ToT and SoO were GOAT.
>>
>>379406292
Most of these are similar to what Legion does though - big raid bosses that spawn their own "environment". They're really just on a flat platform. It's not really dissimilar to Cenarius, Gul'dan, Skorpyron, Odyn, or Il'gynoth. Ji-Kun, Galakras, and Spoils actually have weird and cool use of their environment, similar to Elrethe and Krosus.

That said, it's looking like ToS has A LOT of these fights, which is neat.
>>
File: Kil'rukk_Official[1].jpg (50KB, 387x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kil'rukk_Official[1].jpg
50KB, 387x445px
>>379396596
>Tfw the Klaxxi are pretty much all dead
>We're the ones that killed them
I miss them. They were really cool and interesting.
>>
File: 1494521909244.png (51KB, 168x207px) Image search: [Google]
1494521909244.png
51KB, 168x207px
>>379402090
>Uldum is by far my favorite zone from an art/design perspective ( Nagrand is so goddamn fucking overrated that it's not even funny )
>It's fucking ruined by the shitty Harrison Jones questline
>>
>>379400196
dude theres a part at the start on the horde side where the monkey men start execution prisoners, complete with corpse explosion animation
>>
File: 635140545946989040.png (1MB, 837x959px) Image search: [Google]
635140545946989040.png
1MB, 837x959px
>>379395379
It was great to have an expansion that wasn't "The world is in danger!" and was just a really low stakes adventure. The focus on Alliance and Horde was also great.

Personally, I think the Pandaren are great. I loved the Brewmaster in WC3 and the Asian theme of Pandaria is really nice. However, the Pandaren faces are all really samey. Especially the females. Why can't we look like Shaohao? He looks like he's ready to fuck shit up.
>>
>>379407910
I loved them, but let's be real, that was the most fitting ending for them
>>
>>379406612
>terrible writing of WoD
How? Yeah WoD had bad overall lore like every expansion, but it had the best written quests. Legion has great written quests as well.
>zones
Zones that differ from each other wildly like High Mountain and Suramar are bad?
>Horrible version of Tanaan
Good thing you don't have to be there as much, right?
>Butchered classes
Different doesn't mean butchered. I don't see how people can't get this through their head. This happens every new expansion.
>PvP
Still better than how horribly unbalanced Vanilla-Wrath PvP was while mobility is even more important with even stuff like Ice Floes for frost mage that ensure that even casters aren't just standing still.
>Unfortunately item progression is fucking terrible and you have to grind for weeks/months hoping for random legendary drops and titanforging.
You can increase your chance at legendary dropping. It's much better than the typical straightforward grind of hopping that 1% drop happens.
>heroic is the new normal
No it isn't, that implies that difficulty itself is scaled to where Mythic is easier. It's not. Guldan's still got a ~1.8% completion on Mythic.
>Also garrisons are back but are now required for item progression
With a lot more class specific nifty stuff to do, making each class' experience totally different.
>Professions are pretty much useless outside of cooking and alchemy
Enchanting is still important wtf are you on about? The rest are still needed to gear for entering into endgame like they always have.

>M+ is autism
M+ gives another option that's on par with raiding for progression. Sorry an MMO added another way of doing absolute end stuff that you don't even HAVE to do?

These criticisms are dumb as shit. Yeah the AP/AK grind is legit awful, and so it the titanforging stuff that you also mentioned that I agree with. But none of the others are actually at fault.
>>
>>379396596
>>379407910
PROTECT YOUR EMPRESS
>>
>>379405549
I want to put a fempanda in a mating press and impregnate her
>>
File: 1496418140836.jpg (589KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496418140836.jpg
589KB, 1280x720px
>mfw playing boomkin in mop
>the rate of starsurge procs
>>
>>379407184
But things get stronger and your times get more strict. It adds a whole new dimension of efficiency not normally there otherwise. Tank and healer DPS starts mattering. Very strict team comps with certain gear starts mattering. Not making a single mistake in any way at all starts mattering.
>>
File: 1458249852753.jpg (57KB, 960x949px) Image search: [Google]
1458249852753.jpg
57KB, 960x949px
>MoP had faction commendations, which gave you 100% increased rep gain on all characters once you hit Revered
>They never brought this back
>Legion is the most alt unfriendly expansion BAR NONE

>>379408224
I honestly wish we'd have more expansions that weren't focused on the end of the world for the 80th fucking time.
>>
>>379408296
>Enchanting is still important wtf are you on about? The rest are still needed to gear for entering into endgame like they always have.

Oh come on, don't lie to that poor anon. Almost all crafting professions are close to useless with the exception of that occasional gem or enchant. Only Alchemy is consistently useful, and things like Inscription are really struggling to find any meaning.
>>
>>379408296
how can you say that specs are not butchered when it took half a FUCKING year into the expansion to get destro/survival/sub halfways into a functioning state? and please don't get me started on windwalker monks and elemental shamans or legendary dependant specs like demonology lock
>>
>>379408465
>>Legion is the most alt unfriendly expansion BAR NONE

it's okay now with the catch up AK book and the quick Nethershard gear, but yeah, Legion could really have used that commendation thing, even if it was only at exalted
>>
>Destro in MoP was so fucking fun, even if it was insanely overpowered
>They fucking killed it, along with Locks in general
>>
>>379408441
The difficulty to get the capped ilvl it drops is basically always the same, and there's very little point of going beyond that.
>>
>>379408768
Only right at this moment, once 7.2.5 hits in like a week the rewards increase the higher you get
>>
File: 1481531568525.png (550KB, 494x467px) Image search: [Google]
1481531568525.png
550KB, 494x467px
>MFW Heroic Paragons of Klaxxi
There were pretty amazing and crazy fights in SoO
>>
>>379409018
>Garrosh fight
>Could instantly tell who the shitters were that didn't move and got hit by Stars
>>
>>379407910
You gotta wonder what's going to happen to the mantid now that their champions, the vast majority of their leadership, and their fucking god itself is dead
>>
>>379408681
At least I got the "of the black harvest" title.
>>
File: New Gadgetzan.gif (2MB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
New Gadgetzan.gif
2MB, 600x405px
>When Hearthstone gets the far more interesting expansions than WoW
>>
>>379395379
10/10 raiding
>>
>>379405246
>>379403249
are you on drugs
in our raid the rogues used the inifnity blades

guess your raid comp was just shit and you had no rogues?
>>
File: 1490296189590.jpg (45KB, 217x277px) Image search: [Google]
1490296189590.jpg
45KB, 217x277px
>>379409280
>There are Warlocks without green fire and the "of the Black Harvest" title
>>
>>379409314
I know, I fucking hate it.
>>
>>379409314
Gadgetzan and Un'Goro look so cool in Heartstone. WoW 2 when?
>>
>>379409439
that fight with a fresh undergeared 90 was the most fun shit ever even though I only beat it because I managed to bug the curse. He didn't reapply it after the first cast and effectively gave me a 13 minute window instead of 10. still was mechanically tight as shit
>>
>>379409314
Gadgetzan was so incredibly clearly meant to be a MoP expansion that they changed halfway
>>
>>379397689
>>The farm plot
was nice
>>The endless dailies
lol just stop doing it
I farmed it daily because I wanted the mounts
no one forced you to, idiot
>>13 months for single (1) raid tier
yes
>>That "we're super srs about pandas guis it was spose to be in TBC" sales pitch
oh please, fuck you
>>Removal of the favoured PVP zone from previous 2 expansions
literally who cares
>>Introduction of the (YOU) all get a Legendary system
way to be a faggot about orange pixels
>>Removal of anything rare from the game with BMAH
>one person gets rare item x for 1million gold every few months
>item is not rare anymore
WOW, STOP POSTING
>>
>>379408505
Dude was literally bitching about RNG screwing him over and legendaries. Crafting is VERY useful to circumvent this stuff.
>>379408523
All of them work fine, this is not the first expansion where maximizing DPS with the "many button priority" classes having a tougher time than others since they are harder to play. Eles are fine and the definition of a class playing differently from before. Lava Burst isn't used anywhere near as much as before and Lightning Bolt is only in very particular moments.
>>
>>379408768
For sure. I doubt you have reached that far though.
>>
>>379408296
>No it isn't, that implies that difficulty itself is scaled to where Mythic is easier
No it fucking implied that normal is fucking piss easy

>You can increase your chance at legendary dropping. It's much better than the typical straightforward grind of hopping that 1% drop happens.
This somehow makes it not a grind?

>Also garrisons are back but are now required for item progression
Cool, point still stands

>Enchanting is still important wtf are you on about? The rest are still needed to gear for entering into endgame like they always have.
Whoops sorry, missed the 1 other profession thats not useless. You're an idiot if you spend mats making gear for dungeons when world quests and broken chore exist.

>Still better than how horribly unbalanced Vanilla-Wrath PvP
I was comparing the PvP to WoD genius

>M+ gives another option that's on par with raiding for progression. Sorry an MMO added another way of doing absolute end stuff that you don't even HAVE to do?
Because its boring and repetitive with barely any actual difficulty increase you just need more dps on higher levels to pass the timer and a more geared healer to not die

>Different doesn't mean butchered. I don't see how people can't get this through their head. This happens every new expansion.
Right
>>
>>379409342
>losing DPS/time by giving the anti MC item to a rogue
Why?
>>
>>379409595
Soon I hope.
>>
>>379410214
>Dude was literally bitching about RNG screwing him over and legendaries. Crafting is VERY useful to circumvent this stuff.

No, it's not. Crafting doesn't really net you decent gear at all, and the RNG is about that annoying titanforge you're not getting at 900. At best you'll get a single legendary out of it, but even then you're better off just buying it off the AH.
>>
>>379410446
>No it fucking implied that normal is fucking piss easy
You talked about how Heroic is the new normal. It's not. Heroic completion rates would be much higher, and more people would be going to Mythic. They don't though.
>This somehow makes it not a grind?
I never said it's not. I said it's a better grind than the typical grind because there's gains from doing grinds which otherwise are pointless if your item of desire doesn't drop.
>Cool, point still stands
If you don't like more class specific content to actually do rather than sit your ass in a Garrison doing nothing, that's on you I guess. People wanted class specific content again, Blizz listened.
>Whoops sorry, missed the 1 other profession thats not useless. You're an idiot if you spend mats making gear for dungeons when world quests and broken chore exist.
YOU are the one that bitched about legendaries and RNG! These can help circumvent that.
>I was comparing the PvP to WoD genius
Which is why I mentioned the parts after it which entails a much more active PvP environment with honor levels and prestige which further incentivize playing PvP. Based on gathered stats, 30% of US/EU players reached Honor level 50, which is a pretty high percentage of people doing PvP for any given WoW iteration.
>Because its boring and repetitive with barely any actual difficulty increase you just need more dps on higher levels to pass the timer and a more geared healer to not die
More can definitely be added, but what's there isn't necessarily awful. Skilled execution and best gear are emphasized here in ways it's not in raids while being content that's on the same level as raids.
>>
>>379410925
You can literally craft legendaries. Before that you could craft gear up to Normal mode raiding rewards that would be guaranteed by crafting (while also 10 ilvls better than M+ starting possible rewards). Like idk what's the problem here.
>>
>>379411661
You can craft a single legendary that you don't need a profession for but you can just buy from the AH. The main complaint about RNG is once you're far beyond any sort of crafting, that being the titanforges you'll need to break past ~905 and the RNG for your non-shit legendaries (you'll always have RNG for legendaries anyway because you always want at least two).
>>
>>379412141
I don't get how this is any different from other iterations of WoW where crafting stays useful in some minor shape until the second or third raid tier usually with just a couple items (which can also be bought from the AH as well if you don't have the ability to make the item.
>>
>>379412726
Because in previous expansions raids weren't equal to five-man dungeons. Everyone can do a few m+ and get loot that's far superior to anything any profession has, but professions have no way of boosting their stuff as high as m+. Previously engineering goggles and some tailor robes were very useful, now they are not.
>>
In retrospect, it was probably good. At the time though I burned myself out grinding rep which led to me quitting the game.
>>
>>379413727
>Everyone can do a few m+ and get loot that's far superior to anything any profession has
Now you can. Earlier in the progression, you couldn't until progressing much deeper into M+. M+ used to net you ilvl 840, crafting 850, normal raid ilvl 850. Now M+ can net you 865 without WF/TF, but now you got legendaries that can be crafted that are stronger than 865.
>>
File: mondo cool.jpg (23KB, 236x234px) Image search: [Google]
mondo cool.jpg
23KB, 236x234px
>>379396596
>The Wakener
>>
File: 2qurvyv.png (212KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
2qurvyv.png
212KB, 400x313px
>>379395379
Classic: Learning to ride the horse with friends
TBC: More adventures with your friends but on a motorbike
Wrath: That bike now has stabilizers
Cata: Fuck your sta- No wait, here's two more
Mists(despite the lolPandas) if had great content and was a break from doom and gloom: Take a walk every now and again
WoD: Your legs are broken, your friends left long ago, fuck you
Legion: Enjoying the mechanical horse simulator?
>>
File: defias pillager.jpg (111KB, 550x872px) Image search: [Google]
defias pillager.jpg
111KB, 550x872px
>>379401672
HYUAA
>>
>>379415012
I guess it could be worse. Could be Runescape right now.
>>
>>379395379
Enjoyed it up until the SoO release.

Disc priest was so fun.
>>
>>379415404
That type of thing answers the question if we want a true legacy server with no changes
or OSRS it by adding stuff the community votes for.

I'd stick to the legacy with no changes if that was the future it would head
>>
>>379415734
I just want the Cataclysm stuff reverted and the old continents to be updated to look as good as the newer stuff.
>>
Come
Shop
Browse
Enjoy
>>
>when the kazoo kicks in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1waVSu4adDM
>>
File: 1385258874204.png (145KB, 419x387px) Image search: [Google]
1385258874204.png
145KB, 419x387px
>>379396596
>Kil'ruk tells you that should an Old God come back, they will work for them again
>think nothing of it
> 2 patches later, Garrosh drinks the kool-aid
>Have to kill my friends

It's not fucking fair.
>>
File: tumblr_o9ufm9DWBa1u82yoho1_540.jpg (111KB, 540x763px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9ufm9DWBa1u82yoho1_540.jpg
111KB, 540x763px
>Tfw legion is like shitty priv servers
>We all have ashbringer/frostmourne and our levels are beyond 100
>We can kill every boss with ease and theres no RPGness to it.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.