[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wait... what happened? why arent people talking about this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg (181KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg
181KB, 1200x630px
wait... what happened? why arent people talking about this?

is the game so good people dont even have time to talk about it????????

i havent played it yet. just curious
>>
>>379394280
Ubisoft happened
>>
Just lost 95% of its playerbase last I heard
>>
>shilling bugishit
>>
ubi ruined a great premise like usual
>>
The engine and game mechanics were really good, but there wasn't enough actual game there to hold people's interest for longer than a month
>>
>>379394280
is a fucking amazing game, like.... really fucking good, deep combat good machanics, great artstyle, it has fucking everything to be one of the greatest multiplayer games ever.

and then here comes ubisoft , incredible how 2 very simple things can throw all of the amazing work the developers put in the game:

. horrible microtransactions
. no dedicated servers
>>
>>379394280
The only people still playing are legitimate retards and people so desperate for bladed combat they'll eat shit.
>>
>>379394280
It got threads when it first came out, but they stopped because there's not enough to talk about without every thread becoming redundant. I played it for a bit, and it was fun for a little bit but it gets old fast and theres not enough updates to keep you busy- at least when I played. Don't know about now.
>>
it was awesome in beta and right after release where nobody really knew how to play but right now its unplayable
not even talking about the connection shit but the gameplay is horrible
everyone is abusing the same shit combo or playing super defensive
no fun
>>
>>379394280
dead
>>
>pay in game currency to unlock characters for customization
>Pay money or limited ingame currency for loot boxes
>loot boxes are useless until you prestige multiple times, so you're using shit you pilfered from the ground until you get to prestige 3-4
>blatant balance issues that go unnoticed from beta to launch and well into launch (still not sure if warden is fixed)
>no large scale battles because lol no dedicated servers
>duel is the only remaining game mode and is filled with tryhard honorfags who scream if you get an environmental kill.

So much promise wasted. Not that anyone should expect different from them.
>>
>>379394280
It gets really repetitive and boring after a couple of months
>>
Everyone in this thread is just parrotting shit. The game is great, the playerbase is very thin since it's kindof skill based.

Ubisoft hasn't killed it yet, but they said they will. They literally said they want to add "more unreactable moves" so it will basically become a glorified rock paper scissors.

The worst part is that the community WANTS it. They DEFEND the "50/50 has always been in fighting games hurr durr it means it's good hurr durr"
>>
>>379396913
the game is a steaming pile of dogshit but it has nothing to do with microtransactions or dedicated servers.

every single thing in the game can be unlocked by playing, and not even grinding except the DLC heroes which took me a few days of on and off playtime and doing dailies to save up for.

name a single fighting game that uses dedicated servers. you can't.

the problem with the game is the awful balancing and the shit tier networking that ubi uses in all their multiplayers. shit errors out nonstop for no reason at all except ubi can't code a network to save their lives.
>>
>>379400129
oh shut the fuck up already about this, you can't do it either
>>
>>379400258
do what? write a network code? no shit, i'm not the one developing a game within a multibillion dollar developer studio.

guarantee i can balance it better than they can, though, considering i'm in the top 0.1% of players
>>
>>379394280
if the game didn't have crippling technical problems and it didn't have F2P business practices, I would play the fuck out of it. I loved the beta, just that its problems were fucking huge
>>
>>379400042
What? no one defends vortex.
>>
i hate /v/
>>
>>379400398
list changes I want to see what a to 1% would change.
>>
>>379400728
literally everytime the vortex or any 50/50 is mentionned, someone will defend it. And the devs stated they want to add more of it to the game.

It saddens me. This game gave me back my faith in gaming and it's now taking it away. It's more painful than I thought it would be.
>>
>>379400845
Sorry I meant the top 0.1% on the scale of autism since the game doesn't have ranked yet and any other stat including winrate and k:d can be manipulated by ragequitting
>>
>>379400845
remove armor on shinobi's dash kick
remove warden's guardbreak cancel, i don't give a fuck about it personally but if they're going to preach about normalizing gb cancels on every other hero they need to stick to their word and remove it on their poster child as well.
make parrying a lot harder, parrying is way too easy to the point where 90% of the game's movelist isn't even worth using at any level above 'drooling retard' tier
lower feinting's stamina use in general and especially dramatically for certain heroes like kensei and raider whose kits are dogshit and rely on feints to open people up
lower centurion's stamina damage slightly. once he gets going you're stuck in a cutscene for a while if you fuck up, which is just antifun to the worse players who don't know how to stop it, and it's easy to fuck up
give revenge immunity to guardbreaks so 4v4 isn't roaming rapesquads, but isn't back to people camping the cap closest to the enemy spawn as warlord and farming their team 1v4 as they spawn

just off the top of my head
>>
>>379401635
I legit hope you don't actually think you're top 0.1% and have any knowledge about game design/ game balancing.
>>
>>379400398
Fucking retard. Someone is top 0.01% at RPS. Can that person make a more balanced game ?
>>
File: chrome_2017-06-07_13-53-00.png (23KB, 838x206px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-07_13-53-00.png
23KB, 838x206px
>>379402176
it's okay anon, maybe one day if you keep practicing instead of shitposting about things you're ignorant of you can be 1/10th as good as me at this dead game
>>
>>379402458
>>379401005
>>
>>379402530
>how could someone possibly be better than me at this trash game
>h-he must be cheating
either pathetic attempt to bait me or pathetic attempt to delude your own self

pathetic either way, expect no more (You)s from me beyond this one
>>
>>379402458
hahahah wtf is this shitty score, 9.945 top 7%

FHTR Score
#291 - Top 0.1%

get on my level
>>
Mordhaubro happened
>>
>>379402458
What part of this screenshot shows you being top 0.1% ?
>>
>>379402703
>cheating
>R-ragequitting to preserve my stats isn't cheating baka!!
>You just can't do it as well as me!!
Just post who you are, the top level of this game is a pretty close community and everybody knows each other.
>>
>>379400129

/thread

Networking and balancing killed this
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.