[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people deny the framerate and frame pacing issues with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (259KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
259KB, 1280x720px
Why do people deny the framerate and frame pacing issues with this game? You can still love it and acknowledge it's flaws.

I'm currently playing through it and although I'm having a great time, those two issues are pretty bad.
>>
>>379389852
>Why do people deny the framerate and frame pacing issues with this game?
We don't. We just don't think it really matters much at all. I'll never understand graphical elitism about that sort of thing.

Is smoother and higher FPS better? Sure! Do I care unless we're hovering around 24 FPS? Also yes.
>>
>>379389852
I'll need to add "frame pacing" into my /v/ meme book
>>
I'm more concerned with the Sonyfags who still think it's the best Souls game simply because it's exclusive. And those that think it's also the hardest, despite being the most watered down of them all.
>>
I've never seen people deny it, just ignore it. It's only ever been an issue for me when I play online, where it starts to drop considerably.
>>
>>379390060
frame pacing is a real thing paco.

From managed to get a lot of areas to lock at 30fps but that stuttering you still see is frame pacing. From what I can understand, the frames get stumbled because the game can't handle what's going on.
>>
You need to understand that the people who obsessively post NEVER EVER LOL in every thread are platform warriors who only play games on their Sony consoles and don't understand that having a fluid framerate is really great for responsive gameplay.

They can't understand it because it's completely alien to them.

Bloodborne is a great game, but yeah, it would be even better if it wasn't locked to shitty hardware that struggles to keep up.
>>
>>379390291
jumbled*
>>
>>379390004
Dude the stuttering and fps drops are a real issue, it isn't "graphic elitism".

It's honestly the opposite. I'd gladly take inferior graphics if I could get more responsive, stable gameplay.
>>
>>379389852
the problem is bad people blaming the framerate for dying. framerate hasn't ever killed me
>>379390317
^good example right here
blaming the framerate for his losses
>>
>>379390571
>Dude the stuttering and fps drops are a real issue
I acknowledged them.
> it isn't "graphic elitism".
Yes it is. People who are bothered by minor hiccups like that are elitist wierdos.
>>
>>379390667
Did you bother to read the second half of my point about graphics or do you just enjoy spewing shit?

Like I said, the graphics are too good in this game for the hardware, I want inferior graphics so I could get more stable gameplay, especially in multiplayer.
>>
>>379389852
Curious OP are you playing on a PS4 Pro? My friends and I have been playing Bloodborne on a Pro and it seems to be very consistent 30fps.
>>
>>379390667
>minor hiccups
https://youtu.be/aBAugV34Xwo

sure thing buddy.
>>
>>379390795
>Did you bother to read the second half of my point about graphics
Yes I did. Congratulations on having an opinion.

>Like I said, the graphics are too good in this game for the hardware
Okay. If you say so.
>>
>>379389852
>framepacing
Why is this phrase only associated with Bloodborne and not the hundreds of others games that have framerate issues?
>>
File: 1496514596847.gif (3MB, 490x266px) Image search: [Google]
1496514596847.gif
3MB, 490x266px
>>379390895
No I'm not, I'm playing on a regular ps4. Sucks I need a 400 dollar upgrade to get consistent fps but that's fine, the game is still fun. I just like to acknowledge flaws in games, unlike rabid fanboys
>>
>>379390948
>pre patch video
Ok
>>
>>379391112
Because Bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive that wouldn't suffer from frame drops if it had alsp released on PC
>>
>>379391112
Most likely because bloodborne is an amazing game, marred by such a glaring issue. But I will gladly call out these other games with you.

>>379390979
Don't get pissy with me. You're the one who accused me, and others of """graphic elitism""", which is fucking retarded because it's the superior graphics, on limited hardware, that are causing the issue.

Expecting stable gameplay is not elitism, of any kind.
>>
>>379389852
I have no issues with the framerate. Sure it could be higher but I still love the game. When I first got WoW back in March 2008 my PC would run it at 13 fps max on the lowest settings in environments where there were fuck all i.e. The Barrens. Inside major cities I'd drop to less than 1 fps and it'd be a piss take to interact with anything but I still loved the game and didn't let that hold me back. It's only in newer games that we expect a constant 60 fps and complain about framerates. This wasn't a massive thing 9-10 years ago. Nobody picked up a console game and said "the framerate is shit, you shouldn't play it". That's a modern thing due to the amount of PC gaming these days. In fact, if I look for reviews on console games back in 2006 I doubt many of them complain about dropping frames.
>>
>>379391185
I literally played co-op last night, helping people with the blood starved beast. It still stutters and drops frames, stop pretending like it doesn't.
>>
>>379390004
>We
>Sonyfags
>Not graphical elitists

Are you FUCKING INSANE? I wont even say the word retarded, as it's all around you, and there's no way for you to not see it without literally ignoring it or blocking it out-

IE insanity.
>>
>>379391397
You're really stupid. Plenty of people have pointed to framerate issues with games as reasons to avoid them.

See: Various EDF releases, Dragon's Dogma on PS3, etc.
>>
>>379389852
Nobody says it isn't a flaw. In fact it's one of BB's biggest flaws (the others being some shit bosses in the main game, gem and lost/uncanny being completely underwhelming, way too many requisite chalices, DLC is mandatory, etc). BB is a very flawed game -- however it's a flawed masterpiece and a masterclass in game design.

BB is so good despite constant dipping and frame pacing shitting the bed, that I never once felt I was playing anything but a great game. The combat is so much funner than the other Souls games, that they've lost all appeal to me frankly.
>>
>>379391397
Ok, but Bloodborne is a fast paced combat game, and frame drops can fuck with the players reaction time. Vicar Amelia has so much going on with her robe physics that my frames drop whenever she jumps across the room.
>>
>>379391559
You're crazy if you genuinely think that sony fanboys that create bait threads are representative of all the Bloodborne fans on /v/
>>
>>379391397
That's an issue with relativism. People didn't complain about graphics or simple gameplay mechanics back when pong was released either. As we progress, we expect better things.
>>
>>379391972
hate to get off topic, but does anyone else find it weird to say that pong "released?" Like technically I guess it did, but releasing a game just has so much advertising and shit that goes with it, it's funny to think about pong getting commercials and posters
>>
>>379392684
I'm sure pong got a shitload of commercials, seeing how it was so revolutionary
>>
>>379392820
it was more the atari machine than the game pong, but yeah, there were commercials
>>
>>379390135
Its definitely harder than short swords 3 though. Dlc Ng+ and deep chalices are pretty crazy
>>
>>379389852
The framerate got patched, you would know this if you actually did play it, but you haven't.
>>
>>379393727
this has already been addressed, stop lying.
>>
>>379391972
I understand the whole wanting things to be better but that's the issue with consoles. They're great the year they come out but as time passes they become inferior due to hardware limitations.

The PS4 was released late 2013 meaning that the hardware is comparable to components from mid 2013, possibly earlier. Bloodborne was released early 2015. There's been 1 and a half years since the release dates for these. Yes, the game is supposed to be optimised to run on the console it's made for but like you say, each year people expect bigger and better from each release. This means the developers push the engine and hardware to its limits to try and create something more impressive. This sometimes causes issues such as the framerate not being stable.

I'm not saying it's not possible because when I heard that MGS V:GZ was going to be released for the 360 I was very sceptical but when I played it the amount they squeezed out of the hardware impressed me.

My guess is the engine that Bloodborne ran on wasn't quite as well optimised as From had hoped and that caused issues to arise. However, in my honest opinion, the frame drops aren't as bad as people make them out to be and I've never had any real issue with them myself. It's just elitists being elitists. The game is still far from unplayable and looks and feels aesthetically pleasing.
>>
You don't have a PS4 and you haven't played Bloodborne. You're aren't fooling anyone. The tactic you're pulling is the oldest trick in the book.
>>
It's a lot better than it was at launch. Also Boost Mode on Pro helps stabilize it more.
>>
>>379393924
except that isn't what normally happens with consoles, it's the exact opposite.

As devs learn to use the hardware more efficiently, everything becomes more optimize.
>>
>>379393796
>stop lying
It literally did get patched. The lowest drops you get now are like 27fps and those are extremely rare.
>>
File: IMG_0016.jpg (116KB, 750x860px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0016.jpg
116KB, 750x860px
>>379389852
there is nothing wrong with the framerate. the slow downs adds gravitas to every hit you make in a boss battle. too many fast frames and the game will feel cartoonish. the closer to 24fps the game gets, the more cinematic it feels.
>>
>>379394230
Except that's bullshit. Yes, it dips less in SINGLEPLAYER, but frame pacing is still fucked. It stutters like hell in populated areas.

And don't even try multiplayer. It still averages out in the low 20s
>>
Bloodborne is so good that any fps drops goes unnoticed to me. I never once died to a boss and think that it was due to an fps drop.

The only egregious fps drop ive seen was when i got close up with the camera on a snatcher that was transforming.
>>
>>379390004
>graphical elitism
are you actually retarded? hes talking about performance not graphics jesus christ
>>
>>379394686
You know what he ment

FPS elitism then
>>
>>379394357
get out of here false flagging pcbro.
>>
File: a53.jpg (32KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
a53.jpg
32KB, 500x333px
>>379394779
>fps elitism
Jesus Christ
>>
30~ is perfectly fine, games only become unplayable once you hit the low teens and BB never gets close to that so it isn't an issue
>>
>>379394482
Except that's not true. Frame rate issues were literally patched 3 weeks after release. Of course if you're not on an internet connected PS4 and you're thus running 1.0 then yeah there are technical performance issues.

If you're playing the most recent patch then you have literally no b complaint unless you're one of those "anything below 144hz literally causes me to vomit" fags.
>>
>>379395152
You're a moron or a blind, rabid fanboy.

The frame pacing and fps is still a fucking issue. I'm playing through the game right now. It's great but mp is a broken mess
>>
>>379394686
>Thinks graphics refers to models and textures not performance.

Wew lad.

Lets do an exercise. Fill in the black for me.
These are roles at a game studio
>Concept _____________
>Environment _____________
>Character _____________
>Graphics _____________
>>
Yeah I agree. Honestly Bloodborne might be my favorite video game....but sometimes that game runs like shit...
>>
>>379395332
Played about 6 hours over the weekend. Completed a ng+6 run. Only area where it dipped below 28fps was the forest and Rom chalice fight for some reason.

>Try harder bait fag
>>
>>379390317
>You need to understand that the people who obsessively post NEVER EVER LOL in every thread are platform warriors who only play games on their Sony consoles and don't understand that having a fluid framerate is really great for responsive gameplay.

I dont own a ps4 and only own a pc and im one of those never ever fags
>>
>>379395332
Nah
>>
>>379395489
get your eyes checked
>>
>>379390135
it's the only game where people can't hide behind a massive shield, that's why it's considered harder
>>
>>379395717

Saying something like this should really lead to a permanent range ban.
>>
File: giphy.gif (982KB, 350x264px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
982KB, 350x264px
>>379395470
>tfw i have the only ps4 that dosnt have fps issues with BB
>>
>>379389852
I just platinumed the game the other day after starting it in the middle of may.
My biggest problem by far is the camera. It just does not like the player.
>camera gets anywhere near a wall, starts spazzing like crazy
>fight a boss, camera keeps flipping between all of the different arched parts of the boss when he gets between me and the camera
>many bosses have attacks that unlock the camera by them jumping
>visceral attacks unlock the camera
>the game is pretty much made of enclosed, tight hallways after the halfway point and in all of the chalice dungeons
>>
>>379395807
he represents like 50% of /v/'s userbase though.

most people here don't play shit
>>
>>379396009
Its full of shitposters and literal marketers. 10-20% actually plays games.
>>
At least it's consistently 30 fps. When I played the game I only ran into a few situations where there were any real major frame drops or slowdown.

A solid 60 would have certainly been better but you really need to be a frame snob to call BB unplayable.
>>
>>379395382
I don't see any black??
>>
>>379389852
wtf there's NOTHING wrong with the gameplay. delusional faggot saw an old meme on /v/ and willed it into reality with his eyes. where'd you get your superpowers OP? LOL

NEVER

EVER
>>
>>379389852
game's too easy in my eyes, I beat the Orphan of Kos on my first try, turns out dodging right and swinging once with the untransformed whirligig saw works pretty well.

guess I shouldn't be too shocked, Mergo's Wet Nurse, Gehrman and the Moon Presence were all cakewalks, too
>>
>>379397354
Moon Presence and Wet Nurse are easy, but Gehrman? Come on.
>>
>>379395883
or it just doesn't actively hinder your enjoyment of the game so you don't really notice it?
>>
>>379397702
I'm goddamn serious, anon, all four of those bosses, I beat them the first time I fought them.

I was downright baffled, but it still happened.
>>
>>379397829
If you know how to dodge, all BB bosses are easy.

That being said, they're fun as hell. Shame about the framerate issue
>>
i mean, the silky smooth 24 fps was a strong meme back in the day.
>>
File: 2017-05-31-12-16-11-.jpg (6KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-31-12-16-11-.jpg
6KB, 270x187px
>>379398651
yeah, now it's 27.5
>>
>>379390004
Die a painful death from cancer retarded sonybro, you are the reason why Sony keeps making underpowered dogshit like ShitStation 3 and ShitStation 4.

Graphics and FPS are two different things. FPS falls under PERFORMANCE which directly affects the GAMEPLAY.

Bloodborne is the only game I have on the ShitStation 4 and not being able to experience it without frame pacing issues and at 60fps is a fucking shame.

Die a painful death cancerous subhuman.

Power matters. Performance matters. Graphics matter.

Thank god Microshit is making Xbox Scorpio, this way PS5 will 100% be 4k 60fps.
>>
>>379390004
It only matters when it's everyone else huh?
>>
File: 1452737191709.jpg (139KB, 852x858px) Image search: [Google]
1452737191709.jpg
139KB, 852x858px
>>379389852
Who denies it?
Anyways it's not a dealbreaker.
Sure, a higher framerate would make the game more enjoyable but it's not so bad that it ruins the game.
>>
>>379400086
You sound 12.
>>
>>379401306
I am 25, I will insult you and your whore mother in your face in real life, what the fuck are you going to do about it? nothing, you feminized pacified son of a whore. Your generation is full of pansies, faggots and pacified cancer.

I will use insults all I want, focus on my arguments if you are truly intelligent and refute them, stop responding like a programmed drone "oh he uses insults, he is immature", who the fuck told you that? what fucking rationality do you have to support that claim? nothing, subjective cancer of weak people that programmed you like a dog since birth, your morality is shit and weak, I have my own morality and I do what I want, when I want.

I've send 8 people to the hospital in my life and never got punished for it, because it was all in selfdefence, I will insult you, I will insult your whore mothers, when you chimp out and touch me, I break your cancerous jaw and nose in self-defense.

1v1 me irl motherfucker.
>>
>>379401726
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>379397702
Not that guy, but I found Gehrman to be pretty easy, I died to him like twice. I only found Ludwig to be a really challenging boss
>>
>>379401306
Listen here faggot I am the toughest motherfucker alive. I would skin you and eat your entrails just for entertainment. i would fuck your mother and give you a little brother who will constantly outperform your retarded ass. She will quickly become your mother's favorite and soon you will be put up for adoption because nobody loves you.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.