[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate the RPG Maker so much? Wouldn't it be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: vx-ace-gallery-06.png (727KB, 1366x738px) Image search: [Google]
vx-ace-gallery-06.png
727KB, 1366x738px
Why does /v/ hate the RPG Maker so much?

Wouldn't it be awesome to play other anons games full with memes and all that shit? Maybe we could even co-operate in making a game. Games where you fight hipsters, neckbeards, jews, muslims, robots, chads... it could be awesome.
>>
File: 1406984954510.jpg (123KB, 500x614px) Image search: [Google]
1406984954510.jpg
123KB, 500x614px
>>
>>379382584
>we aren't allowed to have fun, because we don't want to get kicked out of our secret club and become reddit xD
>>
that's lewd knight kuon

i don't know how it is i remember so many of those identical towns, and barely remember the game
>>
>>379382317
I tried to make one myself once, and it was incredibly restrictive. If you want to play exactly by RPG Maker's rules and make the game IT wants you to make, it's fine, but as soon as you start to test the boundaries shit gets complicated fast. I eventually determined it would be faster and easier to just teach myself a programming language and build from scratch than trying to hack what I want out of RPG Maker's frame. So that's what I'm doing. Eventually.
>>
>>379382317
>hur dur epik random xdddd
Come on anon, make stupid gay shit on your own time. In the meantime, The Witches House is fun.
>>
File: 55.png (3MB, 1524x852px) Image search: [Google]
55.png
3MB, 1524x852px
>>379383021
>it was incredibly restrictive
Plugins muh dude

Get creative. Because you can use any pictures without size or type restriction, you can get as creative as you want.

Pic related: It turns out you can abuse AOE2 wonderfully as a map editor.
>>
>>379382317
It's very restrictive.

Also your idea is shit, a game completely based on memespouting with no context is gatbage that gets old fast.
Look at pokémon clover made by /vp/, only the kids who made the game care about it since once you remove the memes you only have a shitty game.
>>
>>379382317
Why bother with it when you have better alternatives? At this point your own opengl engine would be a better option.
>>
>>379382317
That /v/ meme-dream is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>379382317
Dank maymays xD
>>
If you go in with no knowledge or assets, or the ability to produce original assets, you can only make one type of game. Every game ends up feeling the same and there's nothing unique about them.

If you go in with some knowledge and assets, or the ability to produce original assets, you end up fighting the engine with plug-ins, plug-in compatibility, and wasting more time than if you bothered to actually learn another engine. What you learn in RPG Maker's ridiculous plug-in system will only work in RPG Maker, and even then it's not even guaranteed that your work will co-operate with someone else's work.
>>
Dude, this is crazy dank! Maybe we should team up. Check out my previous project: https ://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamingroach/weedopia
>>
Everything you described sounds so awful.

Make something good and creative instead. Memes aren't funny.
>>
>>379382317
Games with memes are instantly dated and just feels very uninspired (see borderlands 2).
Also memes are funny the first few times, maybe for a week depending on the spam but after it's just tedious
>>
>>379385049
>not realizing that ridiculing memes is a meme in itself.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.