[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>BOTW >P5 >Nier: Automata Just some of the AAA games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

>BOTW
>P5
>Nier: Automata
Just some of the AAA games that'll have GOTY awards shoved down their throats, because they are most popular.
Meanhwhile the creative masterpiece that is pic related will get ignored for the most part.

Yakuza 0 is one of the best video games that have been conceived by mankind up to this point. It doesn't deserve to be as niche as it is.
>>
>tfw you don't like a single one of those games

I mean, I fap to 2B, but that's about it.
>>
>>379382212
exactly, literally can't play any other game at the moment because this seems like the pinnacle. Can a game even get better than this? The music, the characters. It's fucking perfection
>>
>>379382212
>Nier Automata
>AAA

What the fuck
>>
Yakuza is good but a bigger budget would've made it a better game. GOTY is mostly for polished games, you can easily tell that Y0 is very rough around the edges. Some textures are so low tier they look like ripped out of a PS2 game, no voice acting in most of the side content and humor that would offend some faggots on the internet will ultimately be what denies this game GOTY.
>>
>>379382212
All of those are trash
>>
I want to play it but it's still too expensive in Ausland
>>
>>379382212
It's just a decent beat 'em up with a shit ton of cutscenes
It's honestly nothing special
>>
>>379382212
Don't pretend that BOTW won't win every single GOTY award this year. Every other non western game will be largely ignored. I played all of these games and agree that Yakuza was fantastic but it's just one of the many games that will get overshadowed this year.
>>
>>379383005
wrong. yakuza is literally god in game form
>>
File: IMG_7612.jpg (36KB, 256x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7612.jpg
36KB, 256x328px
Is this game good? Is it like like this game? Do I have to play the previous games to get the lore? I've really been thinking about getting this to cooldown on the GG grinding when I get frustrated or hit a wall
>>
>>379383046
>people like them so i dislike them out of spite
ftfy faggot
>>
>>379383448
oh man the nostalgia. true crime 2 was hilarious. driving into those people who jumped like dolphins. glorious
>>
>>379383487
>I need to find an excuse for my shit taste
>>
>>379383650
>three of the best games in recent memory
>shit taste
>>
File: troublesome japanese boys.jpg (173KB, 598x837px) Image search: [Google]
troublesome japanese boys.jpg
173KB, 598x837px
Is there any game similar to Yakuza in its mechanics but in a school setting? I'm in the mood for some delinquency.
>>
>>379384358
Bully
>>
>>379384520
>similar to Yakuza in its mechanics
>>
>>379383384
He's right though. They worked around the budget well by saving the good CGs and voice acting for the main storyline, but you can't pretend it wouldn't be better if it was all like that
>>
>>379384764
I mean you run around an open location set in a school and beat the shit out of people. It's probably the closest thing out there.
>>
File: 1495354757122.jpg (75KB, 494x660px) Image search: [Google]
1495354757122.jpg
75KB, 494x660px
>>379382476
>>379382212
>>379383384
This is my very first Yakuza title. I always ignored them because they didn't sound like something I'd play(arcade beat em ups with lots of cutscenes and sex minigames.) I only tried this after people kept saying that its the best game this gen next to Nier(which I love.)

But holy shit, this is might be one of the best, if not the best games I've played. Certainly one of the most coherent games though. Everything clicks into place. It just works.
The whole game is an avalanche of good ideas. Main story is interesting, all of the sidestories are well made and interesting, and there's more sidecontent and mini games than in some mini game collection games.
This game gets 10 out of 10 points for effort.

The only two things I'd criticize are one of the protags and catfights. The latter because its the only element in the game thats not really well done. Its all rng and your inputs dont matter, since it only matters what the AI chooses. And Kazuma is too much of a Kenshiro for me. In every situation he practically does a monotonous "this is my way and if xy happens, then so be it" thing.
It got old pretty quick for me. Especially when he and Nishikiyama had an emotional scene and he just did his old routine. Goro is much more interesting to play in this regard.
>>
>>379384358
Kenka Bancho
>>
>>379383384
he's right.
don't get me wrong i loved 0 too.
0 is also a 2016 game
>>379382212
nier is AA
it's going to be BOTW we all know it
P5 isn't for mainstream normies
>>
>>379384974
Can I rock a pompadour in Bully though?
>>
Fuck off 0 shitters you're the cancer ruining the Yakuza fanbase
>>
>muh game is too niche

Blame the fucking devs, everyone is asking for a yakuza on steam, i'm not buying a 400$ oven for that shit.
>>
>>379382212
The Cabaret Club part is GOTY on it's own to be honest. I completed ignored the rest of the game for days.
>>
>>379385220
Yeah, exactly, we should beg for Yakuza 6 for another 3 years instead. You're the cancer here.
>>
>>379385414
i wanna be your giiiirrrllllll
>>
>>379385279
PS4s arent expensive, buy one preowned, they really arent as expensive as /v/ says they are. I bought a PS4 for £130, which roughly translates to about $170 if Im not mistaken, thats literally pocket money for anyone with a job.
>Not owning a PC and console
>>
>>379385014
>all of the sidestories are well made and interesting
The sidestories are full of heart, which I really liked. The bad guy with the big heart, is a pretty standard trope as far as Japanese media goes, but I really enjoyed it in this game.
Helping the dominatrix overcome her insecurity, or the pocket fighter thing with the boy who started to get interested in girls for example. All are pretty nice stories that are easy to go with in a game.
Also very Japanese. Like the one where the foreigner would marry her pimp and it ended with all of you eating pizza, because Kiryu mistook her request for a visa as pizza due to her bad Japanese. When the camera zoomed out of the scene at the end, there was even the pizza delivery guy standing at the corner, raising his fist.
>>
>>379385467
had to download the OST just for that too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo
>>
>>379385548
>Also very Japanese.
This is the main thing that makes the game so good. Everything else stems from this.
>>
>>379385414
Same here. Like wtf, I have Ai Uehara working for me and I'm doing personal quests with her. Screw everything else.
>>379385534
Bought mine for 130€ from a friend. And I just did it for Bloodborne and Yakuza. Poorfags be mad.
>>
>>379385431
I'd rather have that than be infested with the le JoJo
XD meme crowd
>>
>>379385014

I really wanted to love Y6 but I could not. I played every game on the release date and by the time Y0 was released Yakuza formula just got old
STALE
It's 10 years of the same fucking game
10 years of same Kamurocho
Y2 and Y1 are still the best in the series
>>
File: day1_pg_72-73[1].jpg (107KB, 660x480px) Image search: [Google]
day1_pg_72-73[1].jpg
107KB, 660x480px
>>379385014
i get you

His character design can be a drag as he loves Jdrama and that doesnt translate well for western audiance. But the gameplay always follows a very tight formula of Nagoshi's philosophy where he put fun and exploration at the top of everything. Dude worked under Yu Suzuki for a long ass time until he get a chance to direct Daytona USA.
>>
>>379385623
That was unironically the one thing that took me by surprise the most. A song that well made out of nowhere. Well I don't know if its actually a quality song, but it certainly stood out and made me spend way more time in the customization screen than I needed.
>>
>>379385534
>Not a Pro

forgot to mention that looking at a photo album wasn't really my intention either.
>>
>>379382212
Agreed.

The fact that Persona 5 overshadowed Yakuza 0 despite the latter being a much better Japan simulator as well as having better gameplay and story, is criminal.

Waifufags were a mistake.
>>
File: 8dd5f5ba.jpg (121KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
8dd5f5ba.jpg
121KB, 799x599px
>>379385050
Sounds right the fuck up my alley. Thanks, anon!
>>
YES MAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueTZfpV3ZxY
>>
>>379385816
I should be happy that its my first then. Because if they're all the same in spirit, then its good that I didn't water the experience down.
>>379385819
As someone who likes the old over the top Yakuza movies, I found myself right at home actually. The only thing that stood out was the clear difference between actor faces, like Riki Takeuchi and the game made ones. Kazuma looked so plain in comparison.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>379386095
This was the better song AND the better performance.
>>
>>379386508
Majima's cheering > Majima's singing.
>>
>>379386034
Suit yourself, Im not going to try and sell it to you. Regardless of framerate I can at least play the games.
>>
>>379385203
there's a whole greaser faction
>>
why are yakuzafags so delusional?
>>
>>379387204
0 is easily one of the best games this year.

I can't really think of anything it did wrong aside from Cat Fight.
>>
>Nier
>AAA
>getting goty awards
I wish.
>>
File: dab.jpg (37KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
dab.jpg
37KB, 615x410px
>mfw arriving at disco for the first time

never get down so fast
>>
>>379387554
Disco is the one thing I really can't seem to get good at. I can't even beat the Kamurocho Maharaja boss on easy.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.