[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Half Life 1 and 2 are immersive because you can't skip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: deus ex half life pc.jpg (86KB, 1575x924px) Image search: [Google]
deus ex half life pc.jpg
86KB, 1575x924px
>Half Life 1 and 2 are immersive because you can't skip cutscenes

>Deus ex isn't immersive because you can skip cutscenes

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Half Lifefags explain yourselves
>>
>>379381131
Half-Life 1 didn't even have cutscenes you fucking idiot.
>>
>>379381131
Um, there were no cutscenes in Half Life, period.
>>
Why the fuck would you skip custscenes in old school Deus Ex?
>>
>>379381759
>>379381838
>They're waiting for you Gordon
>In the test chambeeeeeeeeeeer

Half Life cucks BTFO

>>379381895
I read the subtitles faster than the voice acting
>>
>>379381131
Nobody ever had said that
>>
>>379382235
Literally one of the biggest defenses for Half Lifes subpar storytelling is that it's "immersive"
>>
>>379381131
Coming from someone who loves half-life 1-2, the expansions, and sven co-op/synergy, I believe the "interactive exposition sequences" breaks the flow of the gameplay by locking you in a room until non playable characters finish their dialogue and open doors for you. In this sense I believe they can be considered cutscenes. I also believe it all boils down to what you define as a cutscene. You could argue that it's not because a cutscene removes player interaction completely while half life's sequences let you walk around a limited space, which is still a form of interaction. Yet it seems like the game is still pausing itself just to talk to you about the plot. While this is done fantastically imo, it gets boring after repeat runs and probably really tedious for someone who doesn't care about the dialogue and just wants to shoot more police persons.
>>
>>379381131
Literally who says either of those things.
>>
>>379383456
Half Lifefags say their bad games are good because "they're immersive" because they technically don't have cutscenes

I'm extrapolating that they think Deus Ex isn't as immersive as Half Life - where I'd say that Deus Ex is not only more immersive than Half Life because I'm actually invested in the setting, characters, etc, but because Deus Ex is just a flat out better game with a better story
>>
>>379381131
>>Deus ex isn't immersive because you can skip cutscenes
Who are you arguing with here? Who claimedthat Deus Ex is not immersive?>>379382463
Oh, you are so god-damn absolutely braindead that you think that when somebody says "The lack of cutscenes in HL made it more immersive" they also claim "every game that has cuscenes is automatically unimmersive"? You are a retard.

>>379383105
>I believe the "interactive exposition sequences" breaks the flow of the gameplay by locking you in a room until non playable characters finish their dialogue and open doors for you.
Which happens twice in HL1 and three times in HL2, in both cases amounting to something like ten minutes each game.

>In this sense I believe they can be considered cutscenes.
They can't. Cutscene actually has a meaning and this does not actually satisfy the definition of it. Cutscene involve a CUT from the action. Actual interuption of the player control over the character. Not story progression or spacial progression: it specifically means that the game cuts away from the actual gameplay mode: severs the player from his avatars, cancels his options to interact.
>>
>>379383787
>I'm extrapolating that they think Deus Ex isn't as immersive as Half Life -
Yeah, and that makes you a drooling mongoliod. Because that extrapolation is absolutely wrong. What the fuck is even wrong with you?
>>
>>379382009
>cannot distinguish scripted events from cutscenes
There's another term you can add to your vocabulary, retard
>>
What kind of people enjoy Deus Ex?

>watch enemies from a hiding spot
>figure out a "strategy"
>wait until you can do anything
>execute the strategy
>reach safe spot
>repeat

It's tedious and stupid, who wants to wait?
>>
>>379385668
I hope you are just false-fagging here.
>>
Both are 10/10 games and you will fail to incite a war between both fanbases.
>>
>>379381131

In all my years of browsing this Vietnamese Feng shui factory, no-one has ever made this statement.
>>
>>379387486
OP "explains" himself here >>379383787
>>
>>379381131
just leave and go enjoy the goddamned games
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.