[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Levine doesnt work on it >Best game in the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: header.jpg (33KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33KB, 460x215px
>Levine doesnt work on it
>Best game in the series
Really makes me hmmmm
>>
File: Little_sister_concept.png (575KB, 800x1282px) Image search: [Google]
Little_sister_concept.png
575KB, 800x1282px
I want to _____ Little Sister
>>
i like two because "muh eleanor" lets me be the perfect protector
i enjoy one and infinite leaves a bad taste for me
>>
>>379378113
Fuck off Linkara.
>>
>>379378170
harvest
>>
>>379378170
SAVE
>>
File: 1492450881422.jpg (19KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1492450881422.jpg
19KB, 222x293px
>tfw drill dash
>>
>>379378113
Exactly my thoughts. Infinite was such a disappointment that I'm now completely convinced Levine is a fucking hack.

Prey recently filled the void left by Infinite's terribleness for me though.
>>
File: D96.jpg (7KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
D96.jpg
7KB, 185x185px
>>379378730
>>
>>379378170
drill through
>>
>>379378741
Infinite wasn't anywhere near as clever as it wanted to be.

As soon as it introduced tears, you knew the story was going to end up fucked beyond repair.
>>
>Bioshock 2
>best game in the series
>good at all
My condiments; I hope you will make a full recovery from your brain damage one day.

Sage for troll thread
>>
>>379378741
>>379378903
The posturing (and samefagging) of the lesser man
>>
>>379379487
He's right though. Bioshock 2 had the better level design, the better areas, the better weapons (like the drill and harpoon), the better plasmids, the better set pieces (getting to explore the ocean and controlling the Little Sister), the cuter Little Sisters, the better DLC, the better hacking system, a better climax.

Really, the only thing Bioshock 1 has over 2 is the story, which went to shit anyway after Ryan's death. Every other area of game design was superior.
>>
>>379379853
I really, reall hope you are trolling.

>better level design
Fuck no, it was just as boring as the firat one's level design
>the better areas,
Kek, cheap knockoffs of the original's environments
>the better weapons (like the drill and harpoon), the better plasmids,
Combat was just as worthless as in the original, zero improvement whatsoever, which is doubly unforgivable
>the better set pieces (getting to explore the ocean and controlling the Little Sister)
Which were so unmemorable that I don't even remember them
>the cuter Little Sisters
And it still didn't work
>the better DLC
Well, only because the people who would go on to make Gone Home made it
>the better hacking system
Still too braindead easy, Infinite did it much more elegantly
>better climax
Fuck no. It was bad even by Bioshock 1's turgid standards.

Bioshock 2 was emblematic of everything wrong with video game development during the 7th generation. It was a cheap, soulless, quickly tossed-together cashgrab made in order to capitalise upon the name recognition of the original masterpiece.

And I really hope that you are not OP. The thought of anybody placing this repugnant garbage fire of a game not merely upon a pedestal, but above not just the original but also the brilliance of Bioshock Infinite is so reprehensable that it makes my stomach turn with disgust.
>>
>>379380523
Why do I have the feeling this is one of if not your first time in a Bioshock thread on /v/? The "cashgrab" comment usually gives it away.
>>
Bioshock. I never understood what the fuck was going on in any of these. Am I the only guy that has too much adhd to listen to the audiotapes?
>>
>>379380523
>Brilliance of Bioshock Infinite

Opinion discarded
>>
>>379378113
Simple as it was, I really liked how the entirety of Bioshock 2 was just basically you going through the remnants of Rapture. The story was simple, but seeing the whole place coming apart after the first game left a really huge impression on me far more than anything throughout the series.
>>
Does anyone feel like Bioshock 2 has this oldschool FPS kind of vibe? I don't know why but that's the feeling I get while playing it compared to 1.
>>
>>379381418
The audiotapes are the best part.

There's one in Bioshock 2 where a little boy has a crush on a Little Sister. It's adorable.
>>
>>379380523
> When you're about to agree with a post but then it calls 1 a masterpiece and 2 brilliant
It's almost like a denied orgasm.
>>
Bioshock 1 and 2 have terrible combat. Infinite is the only one that's interesting on that game mechanics end of the three games.

>b-but muh "rpg" builds
Nah, that system's too shallow and doesn't make big enough of a difference.
>>
File: 1479457382382.jpg (2MB, 3148x2338px) Image search: [Google]
1479457382382.jpg
2MB, 3148x2338px
>>379380523
Educate yourself.
>>
>>379378113
Infinite came out, what? 5 years ago? With all that hindsight it's painfully clear that Levine is a complete hack who has no idea what he's doing in the slightest.
>>
>>379383142
Exactly what "game mechanics" make Infinite more interesting in combat over 1 and 2? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>379380523

>The brilliance of Bioshock Infinite

Turns out, it was a troll the whole time.
>>
>>379378113
Honestly it still is my favorite game of the series. Is there a version available to buy with the dlc available or do I have to buy it separately? I've only played the base game.
>>
>>379383502
On console you'd have to get either the "Rapture Collection" on PS3/360 or the remaster for PS4/Xbone. On steam it is reguarly sold with DLC included.
>>
>Thought Bioshock was a survival horror game
>It's actually pretty campy, comfy, and the lore is interesting

Splicers are silly little buggers.
>>
>>379383634
Thanks anon.
>>
>>379383502
The Collection is dirt cheap now.
>>
>>379383352
That doesn't make sense. Most people regard System Shock 2 as the best *Shock game and back then they were a tiny studio. As the studio grew as as the publisher pushed them more then the games dropped in quality.

Really you out to regard Levine higher and praise him for reducing the size of his team. This should be seen as a step in the right direction.
>>
>>379383234

REMEMBER THAT CARD
>>
>>379383234
bioshock 2 has 6 endings which differ very little
>>
>>379383925
>should regard Levine higher
>after he rewrote and changed what was in the original Infinite trailers into the steaming pile of shit that we ended up getting
Do yourself a favor and go rewatch some of those trailers and dev interviews about the game when it was first announced as well as looking the concept art for all the things that never made it into the game. Infinite was poised to be the best and came out the worst.
>>
File: BigsisEleanor.jpg (29KB, 309x672px) Image search: [Google]
BigsisEleanor.jpg
29KB, 309x672px
>>379383775
Loved the chit-chat desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-cQClq5g0Y
>>
Bioshock is a classic example of shiny paint over an average package.

What has any Bioshock done significantly better than System Shock/System Shock 2?
>>
The first Bioshock is ten years old.
>>
>>379384219
get of the internet gramps
>>
I don't know why this game got so much hate, especially when it comes to the combat

my only main gripe is that a lot of the plasmids' second function creates traps instead of being more unique and the morality system was a bit retarded (like mercy killing that one guy is morally wrong according to the game)
>>
>>379383425
Faster paced combat and comboing vigors mainly. B1 and B2 combat is way too sluggish, with gunplay not as satisfying kinda limp, and while you could use more than two guns you couldn't use more than one plasmid when in Infinite you can use all vigors. The guns also were more versatile in Infinite as well.
>>
>>379384219
Gameplay, level design, music, story, setting.
>>
>>379384219
Have every build be viable?
Not have the final boss be based off one character skill that if you didn't invest in at all you're screwed?
Have weapon mods that make an actual difference?
Have a story tied directly to how video games are made?
Nothing as cheesy as SS2's ending sequence.
Much better looking map so you can actually find shit.
A lot more colorful artstyle.
Overall style being rather unique rather than ripping off I Have No Mouth and generic sci fi.
No stupid shit that disrupts game mechanics with boring game mechanics like research/repair.
Better hacking.
>>
>>379384360
The first two things you said correlate to Infinite and then the last thing you say is about 2. What game are you even talking about?
>>
Have you fags played it recently? It's hot garbage. I'm never touching this piece of shit again. At least first one has better weapons
>>
>>379384360
I hated that Eleanor basically tells you to kill Poole but if you do so you might get the bad ending
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (1MB, 1439x810px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
1MB, 1439x810px
>>379378113
Wooow.
>>
>>379384219
AI, physics.
>>
>>379380523
>It was a cheap, soulless, quickly tossed-together cashgrab made in order to capitalise upon the name recognition of the original masterpiece.
That's a very apt way to describe Infinite.
>>
>>379384738
>At least first one has better weapons

The sequel has the Drill. No other weapon counts.
>>
>>379384503

>Gameplay

Not really. The only thing I felt was done best in Bioshock was the plumbing hacking minigame.

>level design

Stripped down level design in comparison to SS/SS2. At least the aesthetic is nice.

>music

I don't even remember Bioshock music. I remember the DnB in SS2. the first System Shock has some atrocious music though, so we'll call it a draw.

>story

I disagree with this, but I can see why people think the philosophical meandering of Bioshock is better. Not worth explaining as this is really subjective.

>setting

I like the underwater and the spaceship settings. Infinite is meh, whatever.
>>
>>379378170
PROTECT
>>
>>379384120
Shit gets changed in games all the time. Its not always because one person wanted to wield unholy destructive power.

Sometimes its money, sometimes its the team as a whole etc etc. Stop making a middle-aged man from NY/Boston as a game-ruining boogeyman.
>>
>>379384367
Infinite literally becomes a cover shooter at any respectable difficulty setting. Kill yourself
>>
>>379384815
Infinite is the most expensive of the three Bioshocks.

Infinite isn't soulless since it's actually unique unlike B1 that copies segments of SS2 and B2 that copies from B1.

Infinite's overall gameplay smoothness and graphical fidelity means that it's easily the hardest to code in terms of development, while its approach towards meta game commentary is the most subtle, so certainly not quickly tossed together in either form.
>>
>>379385141
>Infinite literally becomes a cover shooter at any respectable difficulty setting. Kill yourself
I cheated to unlock 1999 on release day so I could start on it. You're about as wrong as it gets. Since you never had enough ammo for any one weapon the optimal way to go through was skillful run n gun (making sure your aimed shots actually hit) with right vigor usage at the right time. I mean, yeah sure you can play it as a cover shooter, but that's on you for sucking ass at the game.
>>
File: Big-daddy-bioshock-2607.jpg (369KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Big-daddy-bioshock-2607.jpg
369KB, 1920x1200px
>>379385068
Wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>379385287
Not him but I played on 1999 as well as getting all the achievements and you're full of shit. The enemis ALWAYS dropped what you needed whenever you killed them and they were just as easy to kill then as in the lower difficulties which I also played. The only real appreciable difference being they wrecked your health and shields faster which in fact caused you to have to hide even more on 1999 and wait for shields to regen.
>>
Infinite is instantly the worse because of the recharging shield mechanic
I'd rather have limited health kits than have to sit behind a rock for 10 seconds
>>
>>379385930
>limited health kits
>limited
Fuck that, if I want to buy 50 health kits I should be able to
>>
>>379385930
You never ran out of health kits and there was always a health station. Stop acting like Bio1 was some pillar of challenge.
>>
BioShock 2 is the best father simulator.
>>
>>379380523
Infinite is a terrible game and there is no argument otherwise. Fuck off.
>>
>>379386465
No.
>>
WAIT
>>
>>379380523
>the brilliance of Bioshock Infinte

Thanks, now I know I can safely ignore all of your other arguments
>>
>>379378113
That's because Levine is a huge hack and he's obsessed with System Shock 2 so he tried to re-create it in Bioshock 1 with moderate success and when he didn't try to copy SS2 (ie infinite) he failed miserably.
>>
>>379386165
limited inventory health kits
>>379386175
is it really so much too much to want to hold my own damn health kits? I also played on 1999 mode
>>
>>379385586
>The enemis ALWAYS dropped what you needed whenever you killed them
This is bullshit because ammo drops are greatly reduced in 1999 which is why having to switch weapons more often based on what bad guys dropped becomes so important.
>they were just as easy to kill then as in the lower difficulties which I also played
They are far more accurate since; if you stand in one place like an idiot, even inaccurate weapons can touch you from far away.
>The only real appreciable difference being they wrecked your health and shields faster
It's both lower health/shields and they do more damage. Auto-aim is disabled. You get less money while respawn costs are increased as well.
>which in fact caused you to have to hide even more on 1999 and wait for shields to regen.
Or get good, hide for a bit, plan your arc of movement/shooting, then do that. 1999, as I have said many times, will have many moments that don't give you enough ammo for any of particular gun (unless you buy, but I was also going for the other "don't buy shit" achievement at that time) so periodically switching weapons is a must, and defeating enemies to get their pickups becomes of utmost importance.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.