[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you Ok with the Nintendo Switch being the Wii U 2.0? I own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

Are you Ok with the Nintendo Switch being the Wii U 2.0?

I own both consoles and I'm fine with it. Basically the Wii U was a proto type and the Switch is the finished product. Which is great for me because the Wii U was my favorite console since I've been an adult. I'm fine with the ports. Some I will buy. Some I won't. Options are a good thing.
>>
Are you ok with your ford 2010 pickup being a proto type of your ford 2017 pick up?

Progress is a slow thing we wont have shit if people disnt take a leap of fate
>>
>>379377427
I skipped the wii and wii u. Really glad to have jumped back on with the switch though. Getting some of the great wii u games ported over + new switch games is awesome. It's like a recap for people who've been away from nintendo for a long time
>>
>the Wii U was my favorite console since I've been an adult
kek'd
>>
I suppose, but I didnt own a Wii U so I'm not quite on the level you are on.
>>
>>379377553
Sure. That's what cars are. The 2015 mustang is the same as the 2014. Just slightly improved. The Apple 7 is the Apple 6. Just a little better.

I don't want Nintendo to fall into that every console. But I liked how it happened from Wii U to switch
>>
File: 1435025342060.png (101KB, 207x308px) Image search: [Google]
1435025342060.png
101KB, 207x308px
>essentially paying twice for one console
>Nintendorks actually think this is OK
>>
>>379377993
?????
Every console has done this? Ps4 pro, scorpio?

The fuck world are you shitposting from?
>>
>>379377427
>Basically the Wii U was a proto type and the Switch is the finished product.
which is weird because the switch is just an off the shelf nvidia tablet which nintendo had no hand in developing
>>
>>379377993
that's why I still wear the same clothes from kindergarten. I just used tape to put some of my old shirts together and I wear that
>>
>>379378124
>implying

at least both of these examples you mention still has the names of which they are upgraded from though.
>>
File: 5m5vsEs.jpg (152KB, 1034x678px) Image search: [Google]
5m5vsEs.jpg
152KB, 1034x678px
>>379377993
>>
>>379377427
I would absolutely love if Nintendo stuck to one piece of hardware per a generation that was both a console and a portable.

It's very smart, it actually justifies a new piece of hardware to an adult.
>>
>>379378438
>at least both of these examples you mention still has the names of which they are upgraded from though.

>all I got from this is that both of them are better because they still have ps4 and xbox on their names

Do you know how autistic your post is
>>
I'm just annoyed that the Wii U wasn't well received.

It was a great console with great games that normies just didn't realise wasn't an attachment to the Wii.

Wii U is the dreamcast of this gen. Excellent, underappreciated and will be seen as one of the best consoles in upcoming years.
>>
>>379379723
I doubt it. Not saying it isn't a decent console but the whole "wii u was awful dog shit" meme has set in. People will probably talk to their grandkids about how "bad" the wii u was
>>
File: 1428523160029-3.jpg (6KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
1428523160029-3.jpg
6KB, 222x227px
If I were dumb enough to be a Switchfag I'd want WiiU games too.

WiiU games
>BOTW
>MK8 (Deluxe fucked the balance to all hell but I guess its TECHNICALLY available to Switch?)

Switch games
>Wii boxing 2
>1 2 Why Isn't This Bundled

WiiU games are way fucking better than the games Nintendo is making new for the Switch
>>
>>379377427
Yes I am. The major flaws of the Wii U were all corrected in some way:

>not a portable system you can carry outside
>shitty battery life
>shitty touchscreen
>dual screen gimmick no one asked for
>underpowered as fuck (the Switch isn't exactly a powerful system but it's much closer to PS4/XOne than the Wii U)
>>
File: newswich.png (1MB, 1160x870px) Image search: [Google]
newswich.png
1MB, 1160x870px
>>
>>379380680
Honestly, if you have to be pretty fucking retarded to own a switch right now. I'll be picking one up on Black Friday 2019 when it has a library.
>>
>>379384641
This is genuinely their best option for a Switch revision and doing anything else would be a detriment to the console.
>>
>>379384641
knowing nintendo, a product like this would be the same price as the switch so nobody would buy it.
>>379384864
you're fucking retarded
>>
It is so interesting to watch Nintendo fans try to justify their cognitive dissonance. If you say anything bad about an entire console being ditched just so Nintendo can port games to a new niftier looking box you get shit on.

>Ps4 pro is totally the same thing as the switch

No Sony didn't ditch their current gen console when they made the pro.
>>
>>379384984
>you're fucking retarded
I'm right and you're a useless spastic.
Without the screen and the portable components it would come at a significantly reduced price.
>>
>>379385568
>Without the screen and the portable components it would come at a significantly reduced price.
Why would they butcher their own sales like that? The Switch will always be a handheld, and any future revision will just leave the vanilla switch cheaper. You're fucking pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>379385756
>Why would they butcher their own sales like that?
To cap the market of people who don't want to spend $300 on a handheld, possibly?
You can spend less for a stationary version or you can pay more for the portability. It's a perfectly reasonable trade-off.
Don't ever go into business.
>>
>>379386002
It isn't because if it isn't a handheld, it would be a piece of shit at any price.
>>
>>379378124
>Ps4 pro, scorpio?
?????
But their existence doesn't mean the originals stop getting games so it's ok
Are you even trying with your bait?
>>
>>379377427
I own a Wii U, and thing the Switch is a piece of crap. Gamepad has about the same amount of battery life as the Switch "Portable". But unlike that piece of garbage, it actually has a d-pad, and button layout that makes sense.

And don't get me started with the switch game library.
>>
>>379386297
First year of any console is a fucking port machine.
>>
>>379386557
so then why are people buying it?

The audience isn't people who want new games. It's people who want old mainstream games they missed out on.
>>
>>379377427
I'm disappointed they dropped the second screen gimmick, and that by extension Fatal Frame will probably never get ported, but that's it, really.
>>
The Switch is actually a downgrade
>>
>>379377427
I haven't been remotely ok with any of the gimmicky shit consoles they've made since the NGC (which was my favorite console ever)
>>
>>379386002
>Don't ever go into business
They want people to buy the handheld version because it's more expensive. Why would you put out a cheaper version? $300 is fuck all for a console. You charge more with a refresh and make the $300 cheaper.
You absolutely have no idea what you're talking about. Stop responding its really cringe.
>>
>>379377427
>Wii U was a proto type and the Switch is the finished product
The biggest feature of the Wii U was the second screen which was removed from the Switch.
>>
>>379388197
>90% of games didn't need it
>biggest feature

Its biggest feature is off tv play. Which the Switch does and does better
>>
>>379377427
No, as a wii u owner I am actually extremely pissed. I spent money trying to support the system. Some of the games are absolutely amazing and I'm glad I paid for them. Problem is when retards scoffed and called the wii u shit, and now that all of its exclusives aren't exclusive anymore, people are parading around the good games like they were always a part of the gang. It's annoying, because maybe if these same people had supported the wii u, it could have lived longer.

In short, the switch is a big middle finger to wii u owners.
>>
>>379386002
>Hey, we've made this console that costs x amount of money and has this library of games
>Hence people will have to buy it to play our games
>But how about we cannibalize our sales by releasing another model that is cheaper but still gives access to the library?
>This means that people are able to play our games by having to pay less when we could just force everyone to pay more by not releasing a cheaper, second version
>Genius!

You sure know what you're doing
>>
>>379388770
So you're bad because you felt you were part of some exclusive club house owning a Wii U?

You enjoyed the console. Others didn't. But now they get to enjoy them on the Switch. A lot of people never played wind waker on GameCube. But got to on the Wii U. Why hold something like that against anyone? Games were made to be played.
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/landscape-1476980454-wii-u-switch-crop.jpg/

OP, are you autistic?
>>
>>379388770
>I gave money to a dead platform universally disliked and nintendo didn't give me a blowjob for doing so
what the fuck is wrong with nintendo shitters? nintendo owe you nothing. the truth is you're a fanboy that will suck any nugget of shit out of nintendos ass
>>
>>379377993
>one console gets games, the other doesn't
>specs are different
That's like saying "why buy a PS4 when the PS3 already exists?"
>>
>Buy a Wii U
>Get a sloooooow drip feed of games
>Switch is released
>First games to come out on it are just re-releases from the Wii U

Fucks sake. Nintendo has been doing this shit for years.

>Sister and I get a SNES for Christmas
>First releases on it are all "SUPER _____"

Things change, everything stays the same.
>>
>>379377427
>Are you Ok with the Nintendo Switch being the Wii U 2.0?

I don't think this is the case though. The Wii U was the ultimate form of Nintendo's decades-long obsession with having a game on both the TV and on a screen in your hand. Once they did that and couldn't make it popular, the went back to the drawing board on the idea and decided to make 1 screen that was ultra portable.
>>
>>379378843
Bro, they aren't done supporting the Xbox one or ps4. That's the difference.
>>
I'm pretty upset that I spent hundreds of dollars on it and now they're asking me to buy the same games again. They aren't even making new games to go with it.
>>
You have no self-respect.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.