[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I jailbreak this, can I still play games released after 3.55

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ps3.jpg (727KB, 1920x1083px) Image search: [Google]
ps3.jpg
727KB, 1920x1083px
If I jailbreak this, can I still play games released after 3.55 that require the update?
>>
>>379376576
yes
>>
yup just need eboot fix if the CFW version is lower than what the game comes with.
>>
>>379376941
Is there a universal eboot file or do I need a specific one relevant to the game file each time?
>>
>>379378045
Just update to the latest rebug cfw, and download isos instead of game folders
>>
anyone got a link for a guide on how to jailbreak? I have a PS3 I haven't turned on in 2 years hopefully it's on a good to go firmware.

can you play persona 5 on a jb PS3?
>>
>>379379765
thanks senpai
>>
>>379379974
If you're over 3.55 firmware you need a flasher, like the E3 flasher. Its like 60 bucks but its worth it since you can play like every playstation game up to PS3, and play emulators, homebrew etc.

Yes you can play Persona. You can play anything.
>>
>>379376576
Yes... you can play anything, even online.
>>
Nigga just wait a year or two for RPSC3 to not be ass
>>
I'm thinking of jailbreaking mine because I'm a poor college fag who can't afford new games and doesnt have any next gen console or a good PC. Should I do it? I just wanna play Persona 5 :(
>>
>>379380265
god damn im on version 4.7 am I fucked?
>>
>>379380764
why though
PS3 and PS1 emulation is perfect on the PS3 right?
I know PS2 games are iffy but most of the unplayable ones have HD collections on PS3 anyway
>>
>>379381007
If you have PS2 compatibility then sure ya go for it.
I was unlucky enough to get one of the early ones with jack shit memory and no PS2 emulation support so I'm stuck waiting for RPCS3.
>>
>>379380920
yes unless you buy a flasher
>>
>>379380920
As he said, you need a flasher to bring it down to 3.55.
>>
>tfw I JB'd my PS3 in 2010 on 3.55 with just a usb stick

Recently changed the thermal paste and cleaned it up and it runs like a champ
>>
>>379380920
If you have a super slim, you're fucked
Only fats and slims can be downgraded by flasher
>>
>>379381517
The thiccer the better
>>
>>379381712
The thiccest will die soon or later, though.
>>
>>379381154
Early (fat) ones have native PS2 support though?
Just find a guy online to get it cleaned out, repasted and maybe install a fan mod and it should be fine
And buy a 2TB internal HDD
>>
>>379381930
It isn't native. It's an emulator and a poor one at that (unlike the pretty good PS1 emulator).
>>
>>379382561
IIRC the original PS3 had a built in ps2 which allowed for perfect "emulation" (its literally just a ps2 though)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.