[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright /v/ i want to play morrowind, preferably unmodded or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: morrowind.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
alright /v/ i want to play morrowind, preferably unmodded or with mods that enhance the vanilla experience

how should i build my character

im reading here on the wiki that i should stat for agility and the weapon skill i want to use in order to hit shit but what else do i need in order to not constantly miss
>>
>>379369219
You SHOULD build it however you want.
Just use common sense though, and don't come back bitching about your mage being unable to hit enemies with axes and shit.
>>
>>379369219
>what else do i need in order to not constantly miss

Your fatigue not being empty
>>
>>379369219
>wiki
Just play the game and learn. Unmodded is perfectly fine, though after your first playthrough or attempt at least you should consider getting a few utilities and fixes. Morrowind Code Patch, MGE XE, and Morrowind Patch Project are all nice. there are some good guides out there for modding like Guideanon's (be sure to also search for "Guide for a Guide" which addresses some problems with Guideanon guide)
>>
>>379369591
>Unmodded is perfectly fine
Except save corruption, premature dark brotherhood assassins etc. The game needs some fixes, but, yeah, the graphics mods are garbage.
>>
>>379369219
>>379332957
Play dark elf mage and use bound weapons. The magic system is fun as fuck in morrowind
>>
File: dagoth uuuuuuuuuuuur.jpg (52KB, 683x374px) Image search: [Google]
dagoth uuuuuuuuuuuur.jpg
52KB, 683x374px
Join the best house
>>
>>379369219
There's a great mod called the Uninstall Wizard..
>>
>>379369219

You can build however you want. If you don't want to miss constantly, level up your skill in the weapon type you want to use and make sure your stamina is full. Same for spells, if you want them to succeed, level the corresponding school. It really isn't all that hard.
>>
>>379369772
magic is for faggots

i want to punch people to death
>>
>>379369760
I suppose, I've never had much issue vanilla though. And I agree, that guide I mentioned is mostly much grafix shit i don't use but there are a few good sections in the first and last bit of it.

That being said seeing a fully modded out turbo graphics Morrowind is kind of cool, just way too tedious to do it myself.
>>
File: 1495708327892.png (145KB, 509x368px) Image search: [Google]
1495708327892.png
145KB, 509x368px
>>379369219
>alright /v/ i want to play morrowind, preferably unmodded
>>
Get a mod that lets mana regenerate out of combat. Shit is just annoying as fuck in the vanilla game.

Making or buying mana potions isn't hard, just inconvenient menu busy work
>>
File: 1489296240885.jpg (23KB, 432x604px) Image search: [Google]
1489296240885.jpg
23KB, 432x604px
What's with all the TES threads lately?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but there have been almost always at least 2 threads up at all times this past week where we used to get fuck all.
>>
>for 10 years now people hail OpenMW as the next big thing
>its finally in a playable state
>performance is literally the same as vanilla
>cant use MGEXE with it, its own implementation is lackluster

what even is the point
>>
>>379370272
The same fate as any big mod project. Takes forever, the talent they have is limited, probably mostly staffed by wagecucks that can't dedicate time to it, way more work than they anticipate, internal issues and drama. Then when they finally release what they have it's outdated to shit and there's hardly a reason to use it because it's unfinished and incompatible with everything. I can think of countless scenarios where this exact process has happened, actually
>>
File: 1372713558969.gif (1MB, 230x290px) Image search: [Google]
1372713558969.gif
1MB, 230x290px
>>379369219
>unmodded
>Bethesda
Hooo hohoho, young one please.
>>
>>379370272
If you build it they will come.

With OpenMW now up and running bespoke mods hopefully will follow and then you might see some benefits.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.