[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>June: ARMS, Cave Story+ >July: Splatoon 2 >August:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

>June: ARMS, Cave Story+
>July: Splatoon 2
>August: Mario x Rabbids, Sonic Mania
>September: Pokken Tournament DX, Dragon Quest X
>October: Fire Emblem Warriors, Skyrim Remastered
>November: Super Mario Odyssey
>December: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, BoTW DLC

And those are only the 2017 games we currently know about. E3 will probably reveal Retro's game, Platinums project and Pikmin 4.
>>
>>379366265
Woah, I better rush out and go buy one right now OP, thanks :)
>>
File: 1jlexu.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1jlexu.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>379366265
WHERE'S MY BAYONETTA 2 PORT!?
>>
>>379366265
Why is /v/ mad about Wii U ports? Almost no one bought a Wii U. I bought a fucking Wii U and I'm happy to see these ports, since I can finally play them wherever I go - throw Wooly World, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Bayo and whatever else you can at me.
>>
>>379366831
My only problem is that I'd have to buy them again.

Luckily it's only a matter of time before Best Buy's buy 2 get 1 free or 40% off deals happen.
>>
Why are people up in arms about the "large" amount of Wii U ports? There are 2 - MK8D and Pokken.

BoTW is a cross release.
>>
>>379366831
20 million people bought a Wii U. The 20 million most loyal of Nintendo fans
And now they're all being punished.
>>
>>379366265
>Mario x Rabbids
>wearing that piece of shit like a badge of honor
>>
>>379367195
>And now they're all being punished.
How so? It takes maybe less than 5% of manpower to port something, while the rest can work on other new titles. Don't buy them if you don't want them.
>>
>>379366831
>I bought a Wii U
>I'm happy Nintendo is re-releasing "definitive" editions of the games I already bought and charging me another $60 for

You're not serious are you? I bought a Wii U and I find it insulting that my loyalty, and my genuine belief that the Wii U was actually a decent console with at least a dozen worthwhile games, is being "rewarded" with this shitty tactic. First 3DS upgraded re-releases now Switch. I'm not mad at all about BOTW, since that's a simultaneous release on two consoles and I was able to buy the Switch version up front, but why the hell did they re-release Mario Kart 8? That came out 3 years ago, there's no reason for MK8D to exist. If I had bought the DLC for MK8 I'd be especially pissed.

It's pretty scummy that they're re-releasing old games just to make sure everyone who skipped Wii U can buy them for the Switch.
>>
>>379366265
>Skyrim Remastered
>Cave Story+

>listing remasters of ancient games as part of the line up

>BoTW DLC
>Mario x Rabbids

this is just embarrassing, back in Wii days these would just be a passing mention because even though the Wii was absolute garbage on everything except the initial hype sales, at least it has a huge library full of shovelware that may or may not contain games that you might enjoy. Now they are listed as if they are major releases on the Switch alongside Wii U ports.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 267x200px
>>379366265
>mfw August and September
>>
>>379367482
>mfw bought MK8+pass
>tfw then bought Deluxe too since I couldn't fucking resist the inklings
>>
>>379367482
>just to make sure everyone who skipped Wii U can buy them for the Switch

As someone who was eyeing the Wii U for it's entire lifespan waiting for a reason to finally buy it, I can feel where you are coming from.

Without the Wii U ports the Switch library will be even more barren, and even though the Wii U games are already there and is apparently easy to port >>379367291, they are still doing a mighty slow job pushing them out for the Switch.
>>
>>379367195
> 20 million
14 - 15 or so million actually.

As much fun as i had with the Wii U, in terms of design it flopped hard. The Switch is suppossed to be next actual well designed console instead of it trying to ride on the popularity of the Wii.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
What the fuck is appeal of Nintendo games?

How can anyone over 10 be excited for this?
>>
>>379367636
Nintendo takes advantage of our autism. This should be illegal
>>
>>379367756
You could say that about any video game.
>>
>>379367708
>The Switch is suppossed to be next actual well designed console

I thought it was established quite early on that it's going to be an underpowered console because that's the tradition ever since the Wii kicked off. Only the most delusional retards made posts that it's "going to be at least on the level of Xbone and probably more powerful than PS4". Jesus.
>>
>>379367786
>You could say that about everything

FTFY
>>
>>379367708
>well designed console instead of it trying to ride on the popularity of the Wii
But the Switch is literally a portable Wii U.

That's it.
>>
>>379366265
Pretty underwhelming desu. Odyssey will obviously be good and I'm optimistic about FE and Xenoblade but the rest is pretty much who-gives-a-shit tier.
>>
>>379367815
So? PS4 is outdated as fuck by now.
>>
>>379367756
Same reason someone might be excited for Sony or Microsoft games. It's all preference to what kind of gaming experience someone might want.
>>
File: C-aM4evXsAAE_kj.jpg (191KB, 1100x1700px) Image search: [Google]
C-aM4evXsAAE_kj.jpg
191KB, 1100x1700px
>>379367482
>3DS upgraded re-releases
Which ones? Every single re-release was better on Wii U - Yoshi, Mario Maker and Musou Zelda, not one of them had anything over their Wii U versions.

>That came out 3 years ago, there's no reason for MK8D to exist.
Why? You say things, but don't provide explanations. It's a re-release that acts as a GOTY edition, giving you all DLC for free and new modes, why shouldn't this exist?

And why are you mad about Switch getting two re-releases? Both PS3 and PS4 got a ton more of ports from PS2/PS3, this is just something normal - at least Nintendo seems to try and provide some additional shit over originals from few years ago.
>>
>>379367636
If you ever see a dark van with "Classic Rock CDs" on the side run away anon, you are dangerously weak to lolis.
>>
>>379366831
>Why is /v/ mad about Wii U ports?

Because if you bought a Switch for the first year you're getting nothing but Wii U fucking games.
>>
Dear OP and fellow anons ,
I don't know if you've been keeping up to date, but Nintendo is actually having trouble manufacturing enough Switches (https://www.macrumors.com/2017/05/30/apple-supply-chain-nintendo-switch/). Same reason they stopped the NES Classic despite great sales. There's no point to get more people to be buying right now. They wont be announcing any amazing titles besides what's already known. Guaranteed hits like Pokemon Stars and Smash 5 will be kept hidden til next year. Don't expect much from this E3.
>>
>>379368228
>GOTY edition,
Yeah, Game of 2013
>>
>>379368441
>Pokemon Stars

Already confirmed fake
>>
>>379368078
>Microsoft games
The what now?
>>
>>379368441
>Smash 5
Are you retarded. That shit won't come out for years.
>>
>>379368441
>Same reason they stopped the NES Classic despite great sales
No? They stopped it because that was their plan from the very start.
>>
>Xenoblade 2 this calendar year
DOUBT
>>
>cave story+
>When the original is not only superior but free
Shiggy
Diggy
Doo
>>
>>379368529
I enjoy Halo and Forza. Not many on Microsoft's side of things, but they do have 2 of my favorites.
>>
>>379368510
An amazing joke, you're so funny.
>>
>>379367815
Where the fuck did i say a single thing about power?

I was talking about the console designs itself, the actual housestyles which was implemented in them and the raw features of said consoles.
>>
>>379367858
The switch is a combination of all kinds of their consoles. Wireless 1 hand controllers like the Wii.

Tablet like the Wii U. Portability of the Gamecube, cartiridges and incredibly fast loading / booting times of older consoles.
>>
File: 400000ekkeke.jpg (83KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
400000ekkeke.jpg
83KB, 600x900px
>Mario x Rabbids
>Pokkek
>Fire Emblem
>Skyrim
>Cave Story

You say these as if I'm supposed to be excited.
>>
>>379368238
This is a dangerous world we live in.
>>
>>379368747
> but but but this version is PORTABLE!

can already predict the retarded responses.

I have a switch and enjoy it quite a lot but looking forward to and paying for 30 trump bux for a """"""remaster""""" of a 10 year old game is fucking embarrassing
>>
>>379366265
>DQX
>still haven't learned Japanese
>still no localisation
FUCK
>>
I played cave story over ten years ago how the hell is it being released as a major title for a new console
at least Pixel is getting paid
>>
>>379368370
If you buy x in the first year you get lots of ports

See 3DS with N64 games, Vita with psp and PS2 ports, PS4 with ps3 ports etc
>>
>>379369680
Who knows why Ninty/Nicalis has such a hard on for this game. It's been on every console from the Wii onwards aside from the Wii U for some reason.
>>
>>379369104
You don't personally like then so I guess LITERALLY nobody else is allowed to right?
>>
>>379366265
>He still thinks Xenoblade 2 will release this year in Japan, let alone the rest of the world
Cute.
>>
Do you guys think we'll get another game in the Fit series?

Switch Fit?
>>
>>379369865
some people consume shit

that doesn't make the act less shitty
>>
>>379369943
I sure hope not
>>
>>379369943
Most likely, it sold over 20 million or something. Nintendo isn't going to throw that away.
>>
>>379366831
I'm made at the ports because they're expecting me to buy the same game again at full price just for minor additions that SHOULD have been in the original release like a proper battle modern MK8 or SHOULD have been DLC like the arcade version's additions to Pokken. Every port feels like a fuck you to me as a consumer for being a suckered and buying what ended up being the objectively inferior version, not knowing a better one was gonna come out not long after and expect me to pay full price a second time. It's like Nintendo's going out of their way to shit on the loyal few that stuck with them even through the Wii U.
>>
>>379370232
Remasters are for people that didn't buy the previous console, really
>>
>>379366265
So basically
>June: shit, shit
>July: shit
>August: Mario x Rabbids, shit
>September: shit, inferior port
>October: shit, inferior port
>November: Super Mario Odyssey
>December: shit, BoTW DLC

2 games and one DLC, WOW.

I'm actually glad because I have like 200 games to finish already.
>>
>>379366265

What a great port machine.
>>
>>379366831
None of those are getting ports. Seems to me that Nintendo are just bringing over the games with online multiplayer, so they can justify shutting down Wii U's online service earlier.

Screencap this if you want.
>>
>>379366948
That's all fine and dandy, but most people didn't buy them the first time.
>>
>>379366265
>tech demo that should have been free sold for a fulls price and a port of a free PC game from 20 years ago
>enhanced port
>lol, port
>port, port of 10 year old game
>an actual game
>a game and some dlc
>>
>>379371014
>a shitpost
>>
>>379367136
hell, pokken isnt even good. not sure why people are suddenly acting like they give a shit about fucking pokken.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.