[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to talk about Gravity Rush and hear about /v/'s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I would like to talk about Gravity Rush and hear about /v/'s opinion on the two games. I beat the remastered game 100% and ended up buying Gravity Rush 2 like a day later just to clear up the whole story.

I enjoyed the core gameplay and the theme of the worlds, but I felt that even though there being a ton of open sky being the point in a gravity shifting game, I wanted more of a world than what we got. Also, while I enjoyed Kat's hero shenanigans throughout the story, it was still kind of all over the place. Do you think we'll get a third game?
>>
Stop what you're doing and just picture Kat head patting Spike from Ape Escape.
Doesn't that sound really fucking cute?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
Also, god damn, I didn't expect shit to get so tragic in the second game. The whole sacrifice at the end and Kat coming back was relieving for a moment but after doing Raven's side story where Raven basically gave up her entire past, that made the whole thing way more sad since Raven probably had nothing else worth living for and was probably doing the whole patrol thing out of habit.
>>
>>379366171
>will we get another
Doubt we will this generation. But devs are working on another superhero openworld game atm
>>
I had a lot of fun with both of them, though I have yet to 100% the second one. Fuck collecting dusty tokens
>>
>>379366313
But Kat isn't even a loli
>>
I was always under the impression that Kat's story was supposed to be told over three games. It makes sense since the second game had an amazing, slow build beginning that lead interesting places that were eventually pulled in too many directions at once, leading to a.rushed ending.
>>
>>379366806
Yeah the last chapter of 2 felt like it could have been its own game
>>
>>379366171
I think it's a great series. It did a great job creating its own gameplay experience and it had a fascinating world that you can explore with memorable characters. Both games have some issues but certainly within my tolerance. A third game will probably only happen after quite a few years. The games did fine sales wise but the devs probably don't have the incentive to make a sequel directly.
>>
I just beat the second one a little bit ago, haven't started the DLC.
The end totally made me tear up like a bitch. I'm a sucker for good narratives, but what the game lacked in story it made up for with characters to me.
The gameplay was good, but the combat lacked. I liked the variety in missions, and how far they managed to take the core game mechanics in terms of making missions somewhat varied.

at least the credits made me laugh since the last photos it showed were the ones i took of electricitie's butt
>>
>>379366171
I like it all until I had to play as Raven on the DLC. Her lock on gravity kicks are terrible
>>
Ringsel, release your Raven pic already
>>
>>379367123
I agree, it was fucking atrocious
they probably gave you the ability to spawn projectiles and the SP recovery was ridiculous as a work around for how shit it was

>>379367003
I didn't tear up at the ending but I felt it in my gut, I still haven't quite recovered

The characters are by far the game's shining point, Kat probably is one of the purest characters I've ever seen without being obnoxious, and that feeling when you realize Raven actually treasures Kat more than anything is great. Also, I suspected Syd was Alias ever since the first game, not that I totally get what he was trying to do in the first game. I loved how Gravity Rush 2 had all those moments where it's obvious Syd can really tinker with shit, and seeing him show up for the final battle and him being around still looking for Kat during the ending was really heartwarming.
>>
File: Smiley.jpg (34KB, 563x357px) Image search: [Google]
Smiley.jpg
34KB, 563x357px
I hope the next Gravity Rush stars a black man with a dolphin as his Guardian
>>
>>379367751
>he can gravity shift to score mad dunks on his niggas

I'd play it if he was as endearing as kat
>>
>>379366171
To be honest; once I played the first one - the second one just felt very samey.

Also I disliked how we spent practically the whole 2nd game dealing with social politics AGAIN (twice) and then they bum rushed Kat's story close to the end. Didnt really feel satisfying.
>>
>>379367912

I enjoyed that whole plotline in Para Lhao up until the point where the living city showed up and deus ex machina'd the council problem, I would've liked a proper resolution. And I agree, the whole part dealing with the scientist/mayor guy just felt like a drag, I would've rather that part of the game be spent trying to save the scientist + wife couple who were in limbo in the first game. Seriously, what the fuck happened with them anyway, it bothers me that was left hanging.
>>
>>379368340
I really feel like the whole Kali Angel arc was supposed to be a lot shorter originally but they realized that they could set up Ciecie saving Kat on the final boss so they to give it a more integral role. It sure was lackluster, aside from the horrible eldrich abomination that Kali turned into.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.