[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know everyone's distracted by how amazing Sonic Mania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

I know everyone's distracted by how amazing Sonic Mania is going to be, but does anyone else think Forces is an imminent trainwreck?

>playable Donut Steel
>serious Sonic storytelling making a comeback (God save us)
>modern Sonic gameplay is Colors levels of linear/sparse
>classic Sonic is still janky and overly scripted
>underwhelming music

It's so weird that 25 years later, we still have the push and pull between SoA having all the good ideas and SoJ shitting the bed at every opportunity.
>>
>>379362681
It's already a trainwreck for pulling the whole coexisting modern Sonic and classic Sonic thing.
>>
>/v/ suddenly hates Generations
>>
File: 1494480110605.png (5KB, 199x286px) Image search: [Google]
1494480110605.png
5KB, 199x286px
>>
>>379362894
When did they ever like it outside of the cold steel mene?
>>
>>379362681
they cant get classic sonic right after 4 years so ye trainwreck
>>
>>379362894
I don't hate Generations, but Sonic Mania is a cold splash of water in the face of everyone that gave the Classic Sonic gameplay a pass.

For what it's worth, I still think Modern Sonic is great.
>>
File: 1364190252060.png (47KB, 188x170px) Image search: [Google]
1364190252060.png
47KB, 188x170px
>>379362894
This.
>If you try to break the game then the game breaks
>Therefore Classic Sonic is bad and all of generations is invalidated
>>
>>379362681
cant wait desu
>>
>>379362681
>serious Sonic storytelling making a comeback (God save us)

Sonic Colors was the only game benefit from lighter story telling
>>
>>379363186
classic!sonic was a servicable generic platformer that was nothing like the original games

modern sonic is still cool for what it is
>>
>>379362681
Well at least it'll be funny to watch, kind of like Sonic 06 is.
>>
File: Wild_Cat_Profile.png (215KB, 312x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wild_Cat_Profile.png
215KB, 312x500px
>>379362681
I'm not liking these OC's. They remind me of the side characters in boom and I want Sonic to stay as far away from that abomination (And one decent cartoon) as possible.
>>
I'm really hoping the OC's are there just for fun and not actually part of the story. Iizuka needs to get fired already.
>>
And I just won
>>
File: sonic advance.jpg (104KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
sonic advance.jpg
104KB, 900x598px
>>379363378
It's so weird to me that Dimps was able to recreate the classic 2D physics with Advance 1... and then for some reason no one was able to do it again. Not Dimps (Sonic 4), and not Sonic Team (Generations).

Seriously though, what the fuck is that even about?
>>
>>379363651
>And one decent cartoon
I wish this idea that the cartoon is good would finally end. The "jokes" and "comedy" are TTGO levels of bad. The animation is terrible too.
>>
>>379363864
Something about 3D engines not being able to do 2D platformers properly.
>>
>>379363934
Some of the jokes are good though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9tkmos5CN4
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.