[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to make legendary games for a living >don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 55234534.jpg (19KB, 620x576px) Image search: [Google]
55234534.jpg
19KB, 620x576px
>want to make legendary games for a living
>don't have 15m dollars laying around to pay 10-15 people for 4 years to make them
>>
But seriously though, why doesn't people like Notch invest his money in making some fucking games?
>>
>>379359739
Yeah it must suck being such a talentless hack you can't just make amazing games on your own, like that canadian guy Philly Cheesesteak did when he made the game about the albino Turk who can turn time and space to deny the Armenian Genocide or whatever, I didn't play it.
>>
>>379359846
Notch in particular has a pretty
>>
>>379359924
talent has nothing to do with it r-tard if you don't have 10m+ dollars laying around to fully realize a 3d game. the only other option is to make a vastly inferior 2d games with shitty 16bit art
>>
>>379359846
Why would Notch willingly get back into what he hated most which was running a company? Also Minecraft was a fluke, he could never make another good game even if he tried.
>>
>>379359846
Notch in particular has a pretty heavy disdain for most of the games industry.

But lots of other studios heads that sold their company has gone straight on fouding a new one with all the dosh.

Peter Molyneux even several times over, though it lately hasn't been going his way.
>>
>>379360231
Or just use unity/ue4 like everyone else
>>
>>379360231
If you were GOOD at making games you could also get a job and have someone else pay the money for your games. Cliffy B joined Epic when he was like 17 and got to make Jazz Jackrabbit four years later.

Or found a studio anyway and do something small until you can afford doing big shit. Many grand game studios were founded by people that didn't have fifteen million around. Stop making excuses, anon.
>>
>>379360231
This is possibly the worst post in board history.
>>
>>379359739
you don't need money to make games

you just need talent
>>
>>379360512
That doesn't make it free to make a game though, unless you can personally 3D model, animate, compose music, and code.
>>
>>379360739
None of those cost 10m
>>
>>379360272
you don't have to run a company to be an angel investor
>>
>>379360798
They very easily can.
>>
>>379360814
Sure, but they he could just as well be an angel investor in greetech or some other shit that he's likely to find interesting.
>>
>>379360814
Angel investors are notorious for taking absolute control over the company to protect their investment. Notch is stupid with his money but I don't think he'd be stupid enough to hand someone millions of dollars and then let them do whatever the fuck they want. So even as an angel investor he'd need to be involved in some aspect of the business.
>>
Kickstarter
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.