[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Nintendo should move some of their games to mobile,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

Do you think Nintendo should move some of their games to mobile, and not put them on Swtich?

I don't see any reason for games like Pokemon Animal Crossing to come to the Switch when mobile would be a better platform for those games.

Other than making Nintendo money of course, however because the Switch is sort of unwieldy and kids have cell phones already wouldn't making games that revolve around portability and local play move to mobile make more sense for the consumer?

Mobile gets a deservedly bad rep for microtransactions and other stupid shit but honestly I think it would be best for those games.

am I retarded for thinking this?
>>
>>379359347
>am I retarded for thinking this?
Yes but not more than the average Nintenbro.
>>
>>379359467
ok just wanna confirm
>>
>>379359347
Fuck mobile gaming
>>
>>379359558
I agree but the platform does have advantages over Switch for local play games
>>
Its literally impossible since they would have to remove everything that uses buttons, look how pokemon go turned out.
>>
>>379359712
You are dealing with modern Nintendo here. Nintendo can't into basic logic.
>>
>>379359347
>Do you think Nintendo should move some of their games to mobile, and not put them on Swtich?
You are pretty retarded
>>
>>379359347
>mobile would be a better platform for those games.

Mobile is literally shit regardless of the type of game. There's no game you could come up with that I'd rather play on my phone than on a Switch.
>>
>>379360146
pokemon doesn't really need buttons though, there's no action involved it's just walking and walking can but move to touch.

Same with Animal Crossing
>>
>>379360318
The best way to put it is, if a game is more enjoyable with buttons then it has no place on phones until buttons are mandated.
>>
>>379360317
it's just for local gaming, Switch doesn't have street passing, removing a hugely popular feature from Animal Crossing, mobile could mitigate that feature loss.

>>379360443
that's true buttons will always be better but it's not game breaking without it
>>
>>379359347
Phones are shit and the mobile gaming industry deserves a swift but painful death.
>>
>>379360508
It is game breaking, If I have to play something with sub optimal controls then its not worth playing.
Even then you have to take into account there would be no way for Nintendo to sell a $40 game on iOS unless they strip the game down to be 1 gym for $5 or require you to buy Pokemon.
>>
>>379360618
yeah but you gain better mobility and features, so it's a trade off, I'd much rather have it be on a traditional handheld
>>
>>379360703
>better mobility and features
not worth it, and it would be less features unless you mean shitty facebook stuff.
>>
Animal Crossing is too complicated for mobile retards. They don't want games, they want something on the level of fucking thumb-twiddling
>>
>>379360795
no I mean local play and pocket space along with a better friendslist for trading, etc.
>>
>>379360892
All handhelds have local play and friends list means nothing on a phone since its just contacts not people who play the game.
>>
>>379359347
nintendo shouldn't release anything for mobile, because mobile sucks
>>
>>379360947
it can be both
>>
>>379360146
you don't need buttons for pokemon
>>
>>379359347

None of the mobile games are full games

They are more in tune for mobile specifically, FE Heroes and Super Mario Run would only work as mobile

The animal crossing your getting on mobile won't be the same animal crossing you get on console
>>
>>379361057
You don't need buttons for any game.
>>
New Pokémon should definitely go mobile or continue staying on 3DS. Fuck spending $300 on a fucked port machine.
>>
>>379359347
>5gb-8gb games
>doesn't even include save files
>games NOW needing wifi in order to access any content even if not in mulltiplayer

you might as well put them on pc at that point

I hate mobileshitters because they settle for so much less- remember it's only for casuals with REALLY low attention spans
>>
>>379359347
Nintendo couldn't charge $40 for Animal Crossing on mobile.

They can't even get away with charging $10 for a rather decent little Mario game.

They'd much rather release on their own hardware.
>>
>>379359347
In case you really are that stupid:
>Can't sell a game at the same price
>Have to give a % to Google, online need to be free
>Easier to pirate + cheat
>Unsuited for kids
>Controls (no button + no multitouch on some phone)
>Game need to run on low ass phone
>Game must not take too much space
>>
>>379361262
oh yeah because savefiles are so big huh
>>
>>379361262
pokemon is only 1.5gb and animal crossing is 789mb

dunno about wifi needing to be on why would that be?

>>379361452
3ds is super old hardware, it was already outdated in 2011 and doesn't have multitouch
>>
>>379359347
>Do you think Nintendo should move their games to a platform they don't make units for, and not put them on a platform they make units for?
I'm sure Nintendo is rushing to thank you for this idea in person as we speak
Joking aside, no. Even with really simple games I prefer to always have a controller and not deal with touch-only bullshit
>you can connect controllers to your phone!
If I'm in a situation where I'm taking a controller with me I'd rather take the whole portable system at that point, plus every Nintendo mobile game is focused on not ever using a controller.
>>
>>379360892
its also my fucking phone and ANY of these games that aren't basic shit drain the fuck out of the damn battery
>>
>>379361518
>3ds is super old hardware, it was already outdated in 2011 and doesn't have multitouch
Guess what, it has buttons instead.
Also don't care about the 3ds, we're talking about switch
+ developping for a specific hardware is easier
>>
>>379361553
I don't really care about what's good for Nintendo I'm just looking at it from a consumer perspective

>>379361638
yeah battery would be a problem
>>
>>379361518
most mobile games require online to access
>>
>>379361691
I mentioned the 3ds because you mentioned old ass phones
>>
>>379361751
online to download not to play
>>
>>379359347
>the day when /v/ wants mobile more than an actual gaming console
>>
>>379361701
you better fucking believe it!
everyone forgets that fact, its also why i have gaming systems for handheld. they are MEANT to play games, phone "games" are all fucking 5-10 min time wasters when your waiting on the bus or appointments or something.

cept Romancing SaGa 2, i had to support it and fucking Square Enix in all their intelligence didn't put it on Vita in english.
>>
>>379361821
literally show me a mobile game that doesn't need access to wifi to access the game
>>
Fuck mobile and fuck you. Yes you're a retard.
>>
>>379361929
magikarp jump
>>
>>379361821
not always...

some games need net access to fucking VERIFY that you own it before starting, mostly for some single player games

and yeah, that includes pirated shit too
>>
>>379361168
>p-port machine

I see that the sony ponies abandonned the failure schtick and now go for ports

I wonder how long this will hold.
>>
>>379361929
that's not shovelware, and is actually more than 50mb**
>>
>>379362006
never heard of that, but I don't really game on my phone anyway.

>>379362009
Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
>>
>>379362009
Nihilumbra
>>
>>379362009
Year Walk.

>shovelware

You better use that term correctly though. I'm keeping an eye on you.
>>
>>379359347
> No collectable cartridges
> 50 bucks for a phone game
> Horrible controls
> No one is willing to invest as much development in a phone game as they would with a console game
> kids are Nintendo's main demographic

Yes you are retarded for thinking this.
>>
>>379361518
>3ds is...

OP was asking about Switch.
>>
>>379362645
I mentioned it because he mentioned old phones, it was a hardware comparison
>>
>>379359347
Nintendo should ditch the home console market and stick to the DS and Gameboy lines, desu.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.