[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best games to emulate on phones other than Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: dsemulator.jpg (159KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
dsemulator.jpg
159KB, 1280x853px
What are the best games to emulate on phones other than Pokemon? Canvas Curse is alright but what else is there?
>>
Phone emulation fucking sucks so nothing.
>>
Fire Emblem 7 on GBA
Persona 1, 2, 3p on psp
Basically any turn based game since touch screen controls suck for any other game other than puzzle games
>>
>>379350301
Drastic is worth looking into
I actually bought it (I won the google play money, so free 4 me) and it runs full speed at 2x resolution

Granted I only tested dragon quest 9
>>
>>379350301
phone emulation's just as good as PC emulation.
>>
>>379350396
you don't even have to "win" shit, just use google opinion rewards. It's that dumb survey for pennies shit every company tried to do 5-10 years ago, only without the ads, and an actual payout.
>>
>>379350301
Maybe if your phone sucks. Everything runs just fine even when sped up buddy. The only downside is the controls, which is the purpose of this thread in the first place.
>>
>>379350343
Touch controls are pretty good for Advance Wars and I've been enjoying Buu's Fury on my phone.
>>
>>379350301
Wrong.

>>379350396
Drastic also runs Lunar Knights, Mega man StarForce 3, and all pokemon games ppretty well.

>>379350410
Phone emulation can't handle GC ,or PS2
>>
>>379350483
Surveys don't come quick enough.
Drastic costs $7 so your opinion rewards cash is gonna expire before then
>>
File: bug_5.png (13KB, 111x85px) Image search: [Google]
bug_5.png
13KB, 111x85px
is imposible to play with a touch screen so no
>>
>>379350686
Naturally I meant in regards to the things it can actually emulate, I wasn't trying to imply it's gonna be running fucking cemu or rpcs3.

>>379350721
I got $15 last year, don't know what you're talking about. Then again I live in the USA so maybe it's just got a heavier concentration here.
>>
Any good emulators for poorfags without phone sd card? I've got a gba emulator that only has 78 games but some of them are just bleh.
>>
>>379350745
You got the stupid fingers anon. Cut down on masturbating
>>
Trauma Center
>>
>Mario Kart on digital touch screen controls
Disgusting desu.
>>
>>379351303
>sync up PS4 controller
>buy OTG cable for xbox 360 controller/xbone controller
>buy any number of clip controllers
and the problem is gone. Only the shittiest of shit emulators on phones don't support those devices. Most emulators have built in profiles for 360 controllers and everything.
>>
Any turn based RPG shines on a phone.
Every FF on GBA is great, but better to pirate the remakes. SNES emulation is also great. I recently played Earthbound and Chrono Trigger on my phone and it worked flawlessly.
Can't get DS to run on my shitty phone though, I'd love some Radiant Historia, SMT Strange Journey and Etrian Odyssey goodness.
>>
>>379351412
What's the point of playing on a phone if you need to hold a controller with both hands as well? Just play on PC where the screen is actually made for this shit.
>>
>>379351412
Might as well get a fucking used DS and a flashcart.
>>
>>379350116
I've been playing tons of PSP, SNES and PSX stuff on my phone.
>>
>>379351523
>what's the point of playing on a phone when you need to hold a controller with both hands
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, because you're holding the phone with both hands, unless you mean you're trying to play stuff with one hand, which would explain why you think controls are shit.

>>379351525
DS is shit for emulation, PSP is the way to go if you want a dedicated handheld for it. And even then, PSP doesn't support DS emulation, while phones have pretty good DS emulation, and N64 emulation on top of it.
>>
>>379351850
>DS is shit for DS emulation
Ok.
>>
File: The World Ends With You.jpg (121KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
The World Ends With You.jpg
121KB, 400x360px
Get a controller hooked up and play The World Ends With You. You only need one hand for the controller and the other hand operates the touchscreen. This is how i first played the game and it works way better than it has any right to.
>>
>>379350861
SNES emulators are free and don't take up too much space.
>>
>>379350532
So it sucks? You can't even platform right in Super Mario World you can only push two buttons at once because of the nature of touchscreens. So you can't run and jump at the same time making platforming difficult.
>>
>>379352260
what's wrong with the android port?
>>
>>379352510
>port
It's a butchered version with only one screen whereas the combat of the first was entirely dependent on keeping the puck going between top and bottom screens. As you can imagine, it's infinitely easier.
>>
>>379352458
That's why anon was asking for games that work well with simple inputs, like Pokemon and other turn based RPGs.
>>
>>379352510
half of the game's combat was removed, and with it the challenge and point of the mechanics of learning to work with your partner to survive combat encounters, which is the main point of the game. By removing the top screen from combat and reducing your partner to a simple action, it defeats the purpose.
The port does have better audio quality and higher resolution art though. But the combat is neutered to the point that it isnt worth playing.
>>
>>379350396
>using android and still paying for apps

What the fuck man. Just download the apk and sideload it. That's exactly what I did when I saw the 7 dollar pricetag.
>>
>>379352363
Any specific one I should look for or what?
>>
>>379350686
>Phone emulation can't handle GC ,or PS2

who the fuck is gonna play any of those on a tiny ass screen anyways? Have fun trying to play games when all the buttons cover the whole screen. Only exception is if you have a controller dock or a phone mount for a ps3 controller.
>>
>>379351850
The only appeal of phone emulators is the novelty of having the games available to play at all times without having to carry extra shit around. Carrying around a controller negates that novelty and convenience, and at that point youre better off just carrying a psp or other dedicated emulation device around.
>>
>>379352713
But I want answering him I was answering an anon that thinks phone emulation is good with reasons as to why it's not
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.