[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the Mario Kart competitive scene. Why do pros prefer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (247KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
247KB, 1280x720px
Redpill me on the Mario Kart competitive scene. Why do pros prefer heavy characters like Morton or Dry Bowser over lighter characters with bigger acceleration like Toad and the babies.
>>
Because they go faster.

That's it. There's no big secret. They just go faster.
>>
>>379342142
Competitards get a bigger hard-on when they win with a harder-to-use character.
>>
I only choose my favorite characters.
Could give two shits about who goes faster when I get three heat seeking shells and demote them to 2nd place.
>>
File: 1403150387010.png (43KB, 212x230px) Image search: [Google]
1403150387010.png
43KB, 212x230px
Because Morton is best boy.
>>
Who else /DK/ here?
>>
>>379342592
>Because Morton is best boy.
Thats not Larry, Roy, Ludwig or Jr.
>>
>>379342592
autistic morton cuck
>>
>>379342592
Iggy is the cutest Koopaling.
>>
File: MK8 weight comparisons.png (134KB, 2893x445px) Image search: [Google]
MK8 weight comparisons.png
134KB, 2893x445px
>>379342142
Are you kidding?

Assuming you want a serious answer: going up one weight class generally gives you 0.5 speed but costs you only 0.25 acceleration. Thus, it is far easier to grant one of the superheavy characters enough acceleration to be worthwhile than it is to grant a superlight character enough speed. Plus, once you hit 3 acceleration, you've probably seen the biggest gains you will during a race. Sure, higher acceleration will let you start again from a stop sooner, but that is not something that happens too frequently.

Lighter characters do have other stats (handling and traction) but those matter less, especially if you are practiced enough at the particular track that you can drift around corners consistently enough to not worry about speed loss.

>>379342681
I'm a fan of DK and Daisy, or was back when I was playing a lot of the game.
>>
>>379342142
They go fast. I'm not sure why anyone uses Dry "Takes up the screen" Bowser though when they could use someone smaller. Guess he does look kinda neato.
>>
>>379342142
Meh, I just play as Yoshi in the pipe kart with slicks. Online it seems that acceleration and handling are better to get out of the clusterfuck of karts and pull ahead, as well as recovering from being blue shelled while out front.
>>
>>379342142
They're faster, so they get ahead of the pack more easily. Getting ahead = you are not constantly barraged by a million items and it's MUCH easier to protect yourself from getting hit. Being in the lead has probably never been as favorable as it is now in Mario Kart because it's so easy to retain it.
>>
>>379342592
stop breathing
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.