[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if they made a game where the community votes for what balance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 6456456198115471.jpg (27KB, 510x275px) Image search: [Google]
6456456198115471.jpg
27KB, 510x275px
What if they made a game where the community votes for what balance changes they want

Every game I see has people call the devs "retards" and blames for the game dying or various other issues could this idea work?
>>
File: 1328532008128.jpg (139KB, 505x533px) Image search: [Google]
1328532008128.jpg
139KB, 505x533px
>>379337687
>only the loudest crybabies get to enjoy the game until even louder crybabies complain next month
>>
then people would just call the players retards instead of the devs
>>
>>379337687
The devs are retards because they listen to the vocal minority that constantly bitches for retarded beefs.
>>
Worked for OSRS
>>
Because then in fighting games and class based games all the scrubs would just call for nerfs to whatever character/class keeps beating them.
Also, the gaming community should have zero input on how a game is designed, created and maintained.
>>
>>379337687
Would be a terrible idea for balance but it could be funny.
>>
Maybe the changes should just be random instead of balance-focused?
>>
>>379337687
Would be even worse

Developers should start playing their own games instead of listening to Reddit and their official forums even. I know some people are like "ASK DA PROS" but fuck pro gamers

They should not balance a game around a few of the 1%
>>
>>379337687
No. The community is infinitely worse than devs. You can't balance for bronze and bronze is the majority of the player base.

The ideal is the devs and top players collaberating while throwing shitty players the odd bone.
>>
That's basically what happened with overwatch and look how that turned out
>>
>>379338564
>>379338681

>Bronze players are ussually the majority
>fuck them and lets just listen to Autismo Stevens who plays the game 17 hours a day and is only in the 1% of people who play the game
>>
File: 1.jpg (122KB, 450x599px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
122KB, 450x599px
>>379337687

Terribad idea. Game devs need grow some balls and dictate the direction of their games. Too much attention to paid to the masses, who are unable to think outside of their own context.
>>
>>379338878
You can't fucking balance for bronze. If an ability is balanced to do decent damage but requires skill to land you can't just crank the damage or hit box because retards can't land the ability. It's on the retards to get better.
>>
File: 645615498415148481.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
645615498415148481.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>>379337687

I think one of the major problems with online games right now is that maybe there is a little TOO much communication between the community and the developers. Shit like fucking twitter,forums,reddit,community managers, and weekly dev streams/update videos. I think becasue of this developers do not trust themselves to make the community happy if they did the changes themselves so they decide to listen to the community a little to much.

Big culprits are Battlefield 4, Rainbow 6 Siege/other ubisoft games, and Blizzard
>>
>>379339441

So your saying the issue if their is to much communication?

That sounds kinda retarded I think developers interacting with the community betters the game
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.