[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a Soulsborne thread? Post your: >favourite game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (373KB, 1686x822px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
373KB, 1686x822px
Can we have a Soulsborne thread?

Post your:
>favourite game
>favourite boss
>favourite NPC
>favourite weapon
>favourite DLC
>Favourite starting class
>>
>>379333905
>Bloodborne
>Ludwig
>Andre
>Zweihander
>Old Hunters or Ivory King
>Explorer from DSII
>>
bloodborne
ludwig
stockpile thomas
holy moonlight blade
The old hunters
pyromancer in DaS1
>>
File: 1496101992718.jpg (248KB, 477x2112px) Image search: [Google]
1496101992718.jpg
248KB, 477x2112px
>favourite game
DeS
>favourite boss
Artorias
>favourite NPC
Biorr
>favourite weapon
DeS Meat CLeaver, not the piece of shit cleavers in the other Souls games
>favourite DLC
Artorias of the Abyss
Knight
>>
>This

>Swap X with Y and I agree

>Look at this tasteless faggot

>Idiot

>Patrician
>>
>>379334795
thanks for the input :)
>>
None, I don't enjoy Souls games as the lack of saving and replaying the same section over and over to progress is some tedious bs.
>>
>favourite game
Dark souls
>favourite boss
Gael
>favourite NPC
Laurentius of the Great Swamp, anything else is blasphemy.
>favourite weapon
Black Knight Sword
>favourite DLC
Ringed City
Pyromancer, in both DS 1 and 3.
>>
>>379335615
allright... allright... allright...
I usually find the "get good" posts really annoying, atleast when people struggle with hard bosses and areas... but shit, you really need to get good. You can't be fixed any other wa
>>
>>379335883
≥beat 95 % of a level, die on boss
>have to beat the same trivial part of level or spend time running past to try boss again

That's sure helping me get good, and not just wasting my time on the same trash mobs. The saving mechanic is filler and you've been tricked.
>>
>>379335692
>Gael

fuck yes
>>
>>379336217
The saving mechanic is bullshit, after putting a thousand hours into the series as a whole. I just can't do with save.

>Oh, you died?
>lets be nice and just remove EVERYTHING you did until previous save point.
>That sure keeps it fun.

Atleast in dark souls, if you keep killing the same mobs and dying, but still reach your soul stain, you get to gather enough levels so you can get those stats to make the boss easier.
>>
>>379336373
I know it might be the new answer that everyone goes with, but still... I just love fighting him, I love the setting, I love the music and his moves with the cape and all the glorious effects... I'd call it orgasmic....
>>
BB
Gael
Lautrec
Zweihander
Old Hunters
Who cares
>>
>>379336610
He's a great boss. The first time I beat him was with me down to a tiny nugget of health with no Estus left. A great conclusion to the series.
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306KB, 1198x827px) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306KB, 1198x827px
>favourite game
Dark Souls
>favourite boss
Orphan of Kos, I guess
>favourite NPC
Seigmeyer
>favourite weapon
Longsword baby. I Bloodborne it's probably the Holy Moonlight Sword.
>favourite DLC
Old Hunters is the best piece of content overall released by From, hands down.
Warrior, but I take off the armor so I can light roll. Wanderer is pretty great too, especially if you're female for dat fashion..
>>
>>379333905
>3 tied with DeS
>Pursuer aka teacher of gitgud
>Patches the motherfucking unbreakable in all the games, even BB
>sellsword twinblades
>Iron king + Eleum Loyce
>Hunter because fuck shields
>>
>>379336783
He really is... I'm kinda sad now, cause I summoned the first time I fought him because I am a fucking pussy. But that must honestly be the most amazing summon fight I had... Both was out of estus, I had used siegbrau, Divine and all the other healing items I had... and suddenly a thunderbolt just fucked my summon up and it was me and Gael, both less that two hits from death... and I won... I had all my sounds on full and oh god, I will never forget it.
>>
>>379336939
Is the pursuer really such a hard boss?
I never completed DS 2, but I remember having far from a tough time with him... Just roll right and hit. Roll right and hit. repeat untill dead.

I had a tougher time with those Tri knight fuck dudes.
>>
>>379333905
>DS1
>Sinh, The Slumbering Dragon
>Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin
>Warpick
>Crown of the Sunken King
>Knight
>>
bloodborne
blood starved beast
valtr
whirlgig saw
old hunters
sellsword in ds3
>>
>>379337183
People actually use weapons like Warpick? Damn, gotta hand it to ya. You're one of a kind!
>>
Dark Souls
Gerhman
Seigmeyer
Greatsword(Dks2)
SotFS if that counts
The ones with no stat points allotted
>>
>>379333905
>soulsborne
PFFFFFFFHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales* HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahaHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>379337174
the ruin sentinels are just a gank squad
Pursuer is an excellent tiral by fire for beginners of the series, since he teaches you about circlestrafing and rolling as you're supposed to be doing for everything else in the games, also you can't overlevel or go get some late game weapon to cheese him since he's right at the beginningoif the game
>>
>favorite game
Dark Souls 1
>favorite boss
Orphan of Kos
>favorite NPC
Sweet Shalquoir
>favorite weapon
PIZZA WHEEL
>favorite DLC
The Old Hunters
>favorite starting class
Explorer in DaS2
>>
>>379337476
Does that Knight sword you get early on count as a late game weapon? You get it from that dude sitting down, that you kill because why not. Its split dmg between phys and Lightning I think?
>>
>>379333905
DaS
Pontiff
Siegmeyer
Zweihander
Sunken King
Herald
>>
File: Cainhurst Helm.jpg (140KB, 837x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cainhurst Helm.jpg
140KB, 837x960px
>>379333905
>>favourite game
Bloodborne
>>favourite boss
Gehrman or Ludwig
>>favourite NPC
Marvelous Chester
>>favourite weapon
Burial Blade
>>favourite DLC
ToH
>>
>>379333905
Bloodborne
Gael
Based fucking Valtr
Ultra Greatswords
TOH and TRC tied
DeS Temple Knight
>>
>>379337607
nah, at base level it isn't that strong. also that blade is the fake one and is pure physical, the real MLGS is a lot better.
>>
>>379338019
>MLGS?
I'm talking about Heide Knight sword, which is unless i'm 100% handicapped certainly had a lightning dmg effect and physical.
It wrecked pursuer atleast.
>>
>>379333905
>Bloodborne
>Logarius
>Chief Yurt
>Meme Sword
>Artorias
>Deprived
>>
>>379337393
What do you mean? It's a great weapon. At least in DS3, I never pvp'd with it in DS1 and it's missing in DS2. But it's a great Pve weapon in ds1.
>>
>>379338330
Oh, not talking bad about it. Its just a kinda weapon that gets overshadowed by all the Claymores and Schytes and Meme swords. So you never really see or hear them.
>>
>>379333905
>favourite game
Bloodborne
>favourite boss
Abyss watchers
>favourite NPC
The Doll
>favourite weapon
Hunters Axe
>favourite DLC
Haven't played any souls/borne DLC but arandiel.
>>
>>379337607
>>379338019
if you mean it's the lightning infused sword from those bucket head Heide Knights, it's only a good starter weapon, not even midgame tier. you can get a fire longsword in that map too.
if you want to activate scrub mode for DS2, just buy the plain ass rapier at the blacksmith. I've beaten every single boss in the game with it without buffs / infusions or anything, just upgrading as I go until +10
if you're having trouble with the dlc, just farm the skellingtons at the start of Eleum Lyce to get the ice rapier.
>>
>>379333905
Bloodborne
Gehrman
The doll
Rakuyo
Old Hunters
don't care
>>
File: 20170606183128_1.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170606183128_1.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Getting ready to play through 2 again with my pal after he got the game from the Humble Bundle deal. Luckily the game can be fun with a friend if you laugh at all the dumb shit together.
>>
>>379333905
>Bloodborne
>Orphan of Kos
>Onion Knight
>Claymore
>Old Hunters
>Any
>>
>>379338485
Its not me having "trouble" with it that is keeping me back. I just can't get the roll timings and such to work.. and it frustrated me to all hell, atleast when I fought those quad Gargoyle fucks.
I think I was dual wielding the flame longsword (or something like it) and the Heide Knight one.
This was before I knew how to activate that power stance and I tought it just was the shit. It was fun, think of picking it up for PC now that its in the humble monthly.
Never got past those, quit after the fifth time and played some DS 3.
>>
File: seriouscatcover.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
seriouscatcover.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>379337445
>>
>>379333905
>DS1
>Fume Knight
>Vengarl of Forossa
>Claymore
>Crown of the Sunken King
>Knight
>>
>>379338465
I am a man of simple and practical tastes. The fancier stuff doesn't do it for me as much as the basics. I wish there was more normal warhammers and warpicks in the games.
>>
>>379338747
leave those fucks for later, they're not worth the trouble. that map is not only optional but it also leads to some useless loot.
go beat the lost sinner and scram from that spooky place
>>
>>379338967
Well, I can understand that. I am a big fan of the occult club myself. Its simple, its cheap (already upgraded to occult lvl) and it works... I only wish it had that tiny bit more range.
>>
>>379339118
while I can appreciate your preference, the wooden club doesn't do it for me. A little too simple, I prefer metal to wood.
>>
>>379338974
Well, I have no idea. I just know I spent an hour killing that fookin NPC midget invader dude... however, how the fuck does rolling work in the game... It feels like I have 0 I-frames and that rolling is only making fighting enemies harder....
>>
File: IMG_9638.jpg (250KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9638.jpg
250KB, 400x800px
Bloodborne
Ludwig
Maiden in Black
Whirligig saw
Old Hunters
Pyromancer
>>
>>379339221
I very much understand, its extremely simple. I'm doing a randomizer run in DS 1 and I got it very early and Hoo boy is it fun running trough the world with!
>>
>>379339254
don't roll while the enemy is chasing you, do it while he's attacking
don't circlestrafe the enemy if it's not doing anything, do it while he's busy
most DS2 mobs have that awful magnet tracking, even some bosses
>>
>>379339254
(((Adaptability)))
>>
File: CVHDQXAUkAE4YUL.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CVHDQXAUkAE4YUL.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
>>379333905
>favourite game
DaS1
>favourite boss
Kalameet or Midir
>favorite NPC
Laurentius
>favorite weapon
Zweihander, Burial Blade and Holy Moonlight Greatsword (BB)
>favorite DLC
The Old Hunters
>favorite starting class
Knight
>>
>>379339574
Ofc, you're always supposed to roll right before it would deal dmg to you. That is Souls standard. It just feels like I would be better off finding a great shield and just playing the waiting game.
>>379339614
What?
>>
>>379339254
>>379339574
also, you should always roll towards the danger zone, not away from it
>>379339614
won't help much. invincibility frames can't help you with some cheap shit with huge and long lasting hitboxes
>>
>>379333905

>favourite game
DS2 (suck my dick)
>favourite boss
Pursuer
>favourite NPC
The merchants who sell me throwing knives (you the real winners, niggas)
>favourite weapon
The DS1 halberd
>favourite DLC
Iron King
The Herald
>>
>>379333905
>Dark Souls 2
>Bed of Chaos
>McDuff
>Twinblade
>Crown of the Iron King
>Deprived
>>
>DS2
>Kalameet
>Lucatiel
>Twinblade
>Old Hunters
>Thief
>>
>Demon's Souls
>Storm King/Nito
>That dude with the general suit on and the bucket on his head in Bloodborne (I kill most friendly NPCs and he's probably the first I haven't killed in a souls game)
>Black Knight's Halberd
>Haven't played any
>Deprived
>>
>>379333905

>Game
Demon's Souls
>Boss
Ludwig
>NPC
Micolash or Executioner Miralda, I like characters who are crazy.
>Weapon
Usually whatever inflicts the nastiest status ailments, but I am partial to dual Poison-infused Claws in DaSII with the relevant equipment to increase the Poison and native Bleed build-up. I call it "Dr. Cancer."
>DLC
I don't see how it can be anything other than Old Hunters. DaSII's DLC was good, but Old Hunters is absolutely top quality. It's probably my favourite DLC for any game.
>>
>>379333905
>Ds1
>Gael
>Greirat
>FUG
>Sunken King and Ringed City
>Faith
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.