[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone actually use GOG galaxy? Feels like they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

Does anyone actually use GOG galaxy? Feels like they're wasting resources.

>Here's this client that we copied everything from steam, but it's DRM-free!
>But it's optional

Why bother fighting against steam since it's too dominating? who's the idiot that would put their games on GOG so that it gets pirated?
>>
>>379323713
Yeh, I run them all (Origin, Uplay, battle.net). a lot of ram goes unused anyways
>>
I do. I'm slowly moving away from Steam. I'm glad I can preorder elex on GoG. Galaxy is not as pleasing to the eyes as Steam but seriously fuck steam.
>>
>>379323713
>who's the idiot that would put their games on GOG so that it gets pirated?
Me. I'm making games so people can play them and have a good time (if you're the kind of faggot that's into that kind of thing). All the money I make is really just a bonus.
>>
Insomnia when???????
>>
>optional
>some games can't be played online without it
Thanks for removing direct connection with the Enhanced Edition update to Original Sin, DRM free my ass
>>
File: 1471708226366.jpg (7KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471708226366.jpg
7KB, 255x200px
>>379323994
What did Valve do? They don't make games anymore but if you want the newest games, then your option is Steam.
>>
>>379323713
the retarded gog forums begged cdpr to make a steam clone

>Why bother fighting against steam
the only people that think this are retarded. gog is for old games patched to work on win7/10, witcher, and the newest crowdfunded game that's actually good, but that only happens once every 3000 years.
>>
File: gOPN6Zz.jpg (106KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
gOPN6Zz.jpg
106KB, 720x1280px
>>379324535
Too mainstream.
>>
>>379323713
I do it's fucking amazing

let's me install and play all my DRM free games I got on sale in 1 click.

Unlike Steam I can also play them offline.
>>
>>379324828
>tfw most of my gog games work better on linux using WINE than in win10
>>
>>379324828
this is an 18+ board, you little cock sniffing fagglet.
>>
>>379325369
>Unlike Steam I can also play them offline.
You retarded or something? Steam has an offline mode
>>
>>379324156
>All the money I make is really just a bonus.

So you're okay that all the hard work you put into go wasted? People shouldn't work for free but I guess there's always one type of idiot
>>
>>379323713
Yes I do. I didn't even have a steam account until the release of total war warhammer. I stopped buying from valve after I pre ordered half life 2 and only recieved a steam code in a box. I avoid using steam whenever I can. Part of it is I try to stay away from any form of drm and part of it is I don't support monopolies for anything which steam has become dangerously close to. Obviously I violated that when I purchased total war warhammer but fuck I really wanted to play it. I guess in my case rare exceptions are made.
>>
>>379323713
gog galaxy doesn't have near as many features as steam so no, i dont use it. autoupdate is nice but more of a novelty, i only ever really have to update 1 game (terraria), and gog galaxy uses more ram than steam somehow so isn't even worth using. i always buy gog over steam games though if i can, i plan on buying fallout 3/new vegas/oblivion off gog just so i can finally play the expansions and am just hoping sonic mania gets on there too
>>
>>379323713
>Does anyone actually use GOG galaxy?
I certainly don't. The whole point for me to use GOG is so I can take my game and install it/fuck with it however I want. I don't want to log into a client in order to do so.

>Why bother fighting against steam since it's too dominating?
So many people use Steam that they absolutely insist that any other game platform have a client installer/media functions, or else they won't even tough it. Galaxy isn't for sensible people. It's for the Steam retards who don't know where saved files go on their computer.
>>
Still waiting on GOG Galaxy to do shit like re-enable multiplayer services for old games with dead servers, eg. everything that used GameSpy.
>>
all gog needed was a simple library program to view your games and update/install them. but no. community whined about adding tracked playtime, another fucking overlay, storefront in the client, and fucking achievements.

rip in piss
>>
I like it because it has cheevos.
>>
What's your problem with Galaxy? The GoG games are DRM free, you can just install them without Galaxy anyway.

Personally I've used Galaxy for keeping my games updated without manually checking, Witcher 3 in particular. There's also the boon of using Galaxy to play old readapted games in MP, like AvP.
>>
>>379328634

>eg. everything that used GameSpy.

GameRanger already does that, but people are too lazy to install it.
>>
File: 1489205139745.jpg (35KB, 484x497px) Image search: [Google]
1489205139745.jpg
35KB, 484x497px
>>379324185
>tfw gog insomnia threads were the best threads on /v/
>tfw they stopped doing insomnia sales
>>
>>379329153
>they stopped doing insomnia sales

did they announce this officially? fuck that sucks
>>
>>379329398
They didn't announce anything, but I just assume they're done with them since they haven't done one in a few years now.
>>
>>379323713
If gog adds a web browser in their overlay that works decently I'd use galaxy all the time. I don't have any friends on gog since they all use steam so I really have no reason to use it
>>
>>379329819
there was one last easter
>>
>>379329153
What was that fucking game that everyone started to post pictures of because you see so frequently in insomnia sales?

Poor dev didn't even see his game didn't have any decent sale
>>
>>379330072
they would likely have to use webkit/chromium same as steam. the problem with overlay browsers on either steam or gog is no ad blocking and script heavy ad infested wiki sites literally kill the browser and freeze it all the time.

>>379330183
jack keane
>>
>>379330081
>last easter
How could I have missed that? Where there threads?

>>379330183
Jack Keane?
>>
>>379330392
>>379330402
Yep that one. Thanks anons
>>
File: neverending.png (146KB, 508x315px) Image search: [Google]
neverending.png
146KB, 508x315px
>>379330183
>>
>>379330392
shit cant even run pastebin without crashing
i can spend like 5 mins writing some stories and the shit breaks
steam hasnt update the web browser in years
>>
>>379331598
they update it quite frequently, in the client patch notes its always called "web control." the current overlay browser is chromium 58.3029 from april. a lot of websites have become to wise to overlay browsers usage especially wiki sites that auto start loud movies when you scroll down to read a page. the dragons dogma wiki is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>379323713
>Does anyone actually use GOG galaxy? Feels like they're wasting resources.
I use it for Dragons Dogma.You need it to connect to the GOG server pawns pool,if you don't use GOG Galaxy your pawn won't be able to hire itself out.
>inb4 what is this shit
This is the shit when game developers don't give gamers the option to host their own servers.
But i guess that is to be expected from a game made originally for consoles.

Consoles should die.They are ruining gaming.
>>
>>379332089
Just to add.I'd rather not use it unless i have to,like for a multiplayer game that needs it's servers linked to something.Thank god that it is optional.
>>
>>379326552
That's only temp. I think after like a week or 2 you have to refresh the license by signing in.
>>
games without Denuvo that get put on steam end up cracked day 1 anyway
>>
>>379323713
Everything can be "pirated" whether it's on GOG or not retard
>>
Ya because putting a game on steam has worked so well in the past to prevent piracy sure
>>
>>379323713
>who's the idiot that would put their games on GOG so that it gets pirated
>implying steam doesn't get cracked
>denuvo is something separate entirely
>>
>>379327247
>>379323713
DRM doesn't work, full stop. Making your game DRM free actually improves relations with customers.

Will your game get pirated if it's DRM free? Of course it will, but slapping DRM doesn't actually prevent that.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.