[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was Devin Weston's problem? Why did he end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (172KB, 539x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172KB, 539x263px
What the fuck was Devin Weston's problem?
Why did he end up becoming the main villain of GTA 5 over Martin Madrazo?
>>
One of the biggest issues with the story imo, none of the villains were particularly villainous, or memorable to begin with
>>
>>379322874
GTA V was written by 50 different people or something, neither of them really knew how the story was going to go.
>>
File: nigga please.jpg (19KB, 372x408px) Image search: [Google]
nigga please.jpg
19KB, 372x408px
Madrazo was just a man running Mexican gangs that would only fuck with you if you fuck with him
Devin was a billionaire that would step all over everyone else for the sake of profit
What was dumb is how they had tried to put Stretch and Wei Chang as villains worth caring about when you forgot they existed hours ago
>>
>>379323107
I thought Madrazo was memorable enough to make the main villain, it still confuses me why they didn't have Trevor's kidnapping of his wife set off Madrazo to the point of using all his resources to kill them.

I kind of wish they spent more time building up the secondary villains in the game and having each of them die in separate missions rather than just knocking everyone off in one go.
>>
>>379323107
I couldn't name one of them to save my life
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 410x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 410x321px
>>379323534
Yeah but Michael fucked with Madrazo twice technically, not to mention Trevor kidnapped his wife and even cut off his ear or something.
Shit like that doesn't bode well with the cartel even if you're offering them some stupid small statue (seriously what the fuck was with that).

I dunno, I just beat the game for the first time since I beat it in 2013, and the story was pretty fun but the last 10 or so missions feel so rushed, like there was supposed to be more happening between the FIB building raid and the Big Score.
>>
>>379324065
There's a lot of cut content due to T2 wanting the game out by fall 2013 before the new consoles were out
>>
>>379322874
I literally can't remember the villains.
>>
>>379324270
I really hope the same doesn't happen with RDR2, as much as I enjoyed GTA V it still feels kind of unfinished to me, like they were really relying on future single player DLC to continue the story (which never came despite audio existing).
>>
>>379324815
RDR2 having a smaller budget probably will be more focused but rumors have been going around that R* San Diego apparently has gone through one awful development for the game
>>
>>379324947
I just don't get why Rockstar didn't have more games in development or released between GTA V and now, I know they put a lot of focus on GTA Online but I can't imagine that's really as hard to develop for as they claimed (like with Heists taking a year and a half to release while being basic as fuck and not worth the wait after being promised at launch).
GAT Online could have been so much more man.
>>
>final boss is sniping a guy who on conveniently stuck on a ferris wheel, shooting a guy playing basketball, and blowing up a limo

story mode was an afterthought, all effort went to the cash shop online and paid it off, literally, as in it paid for the game development costs six times over and counting.
>>
Thr villains werent important.

It was all about Trevor making up with Michael while M passed on his skills onto his protege. The villains were just the catalyst for adventures to happen. It wasn't a regularly formulated story, that doesn't make it bad, you'll just be upset if you look at the game like it's some fucking fantasy adventure to defeat someone. When really it was all just about relationships and personal interest.
>>
>>379324815
>despite audio existing

what now?
>>
>>379326002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnG0JR4zHcs
>>
>>379324815
>>379326002
>>379326206

I didn't listen to the whole thing, but what evidence is there that's not unused audio from GTA Online? The voiceacting is distinctly worse than the singleplayer game.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.