[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious Are there any Switch owners (or people who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: ShiggyMistake.png (173KB, 418x390px) Image search: [Google]
ShiggyMistake.png
173KB, 418x390px
I'm curious

Are there any Switch owners (or people who plan to get a Switch) that skipped the Wii U and are happy about all the ports?

I own a Wii U but neglected it pretty badly, so I'm glad I get to play a lot of these games after all without having to dust it off.
>>
Yes, and I want a Smash, Bayo and DK port too. Skip the WiiU was a good choice.
>>
I certainly don't mind them, although they don't interest me enough to pick them up. The Wii U really had very little to interest me
>>
>>379314253
My last Nintendo console was a Gamecube, so I hope they are going to port everything, at least Mario Maker and 3D Land, that Donkey Kong game, Xenoblade and Bayonetta.
>>
>>379316151
My last one was the gameboy color. I'm fine with whatever
>>
I want 3 Ultimate on Switch but if all the Wii U stuff it's probably the least likely.
>>
I own a Wii U but I'm happy about Pokken DX. I held off on buying the Wii U version and as soon as I saw the arcade-only characters I figured I'd wait for the likely rerelease.
>>
>>379316404
>DX
Back to fucking reddit
>>
>>379314253
I got my wii u as a gift and wanted to get a switch with my own money, after the direct i'm kinda skeptical now if E3 is just gonna be wii u ports. I may anyway because i really want to play xenoblade 2 and i waited WAY too damn long to play as scizor in pokken tournament (i'm still in shock it got a port, less any form of support after the year of gut punching and backstabbing).
>>
>>379316281
this
>>
>Nintendo buyer
>skipping the Wii U

It was pretty much the Core that bought one. The answer is a rather large, resounding No.
>>
>>379317019
quit speaking for everyone like you're the majority
>>
>>379317019
The point that you and a large amount of /v/ seems to miss is that the Switch appeals to people who don't normally buy Nintendo.
>>
>>379316753
What I'm thinking: They will continually put out ports of Wii-U games between their big new first party releases to make the game release schedule for the Switch seem very busy. Imagine how many people will be buying a Switch when they would do something like this

>january: smash
>february: bayo 2
>march: new game
>april: new super luigi
>may: tropical freeze
>june: new game
>july: yoshi's wooly world
>august: xenoblade x
>september: new game
>october: new super mario bros
>november: pikmin 3
>december: new game

Would sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>379317367
Plus, it lets them actually make money on these games that mostly just suffered from being stuck on a shit console
>>
>>379314253
I'm fine with ports, but who the fuck actually cares about Pokken?
>>
>>379317317
I'm making logical inferences from the sales numbers.

>>379317320
You asked a question. Also,
>appeals
We're a long ways from that sales number, so >>379317317 except in relation to the mass market.
>>
>>379317476
I obviously don't think they are going to put out a new port each month but one port each quarter is pretty realistic seeing as we already got Mario Kart, Monster Hunter and now Pokken.
>>
>>379317920
I'm not OP, and I'm not basing my opinion on the vagaries of sales numbers with no outside context. I, and everyone I know who has purchased a Switch, completely ignored the Wii U.
>>
>>379317019
Not everyone with a Switch right now is a core Nintendo buyer, hence why there could be a decent amount of people who bought the Switch without prior experience with the Wii U
>>
>>379317724
the people that play it
>>
>>379318324
Yeah, and nobody else
It's not going crack a million on the Switch, this release is fucking retarded
>>
>>379318541
Ports cost very little to make, and the Switch only has around 4-5 million owners at this point. They won't lose money on it, and that's all that really matters to them
>>
>>379318541
it cracked 1.3 million on the wii u
>>
>>379318541
It's a port of something that already broke a million. There's literally nothing for them to lose on it.
>>
File: rainway-feature.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rainway-feature.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
>>379314253
I owned a WiiU, then sold it before droping its price.

I have a Switch now and I plan to do the same thing if we don't get interesting games announced on E3.

So far, the games that have my interest are:
-Mario Oddisey
-SMT V(?)
-NMH 3
>>
The problem with ports on PS4 isn't the fact that there ARE ports. The problem is that there really isn't anything else.

You can't say that about Switch. As a Wii U owner who loves both consoles, I'm fine with games coming out on Switch.
>>
>>379319573
i agree 100% with this sentiment.
>>
Hadnt own a Nintendo thing since Gamecube. Its all good to me
>>
>>379319573
Shut the fuck up you retarded sonybro

Sell your console then, someone else that can actually appreciate the work Nintendo put in it is better off with it anyway

Enjoy your NoGaymstation 4
>>
>>379318541
It already sold a million copies on a dead system. It will do fine on the Switch.
>>
File: IMG_20170605_231336.jpg (238KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170605_231336.jpg
238KB, 980x735px
>>379321874
I don't even have a PS4 fanboy, in fact I did have one and sold it too because I played Bloodborne for 500+ hours, one of the best games I ever played, and that was it, now I'm playing BOTW and I'm really enjoying it. It's better to sell it for someone who can enjoy collecting dust on their consoles
>>
Yeah I'm glad it's getting Wii U games, If I can get Smash this year and I'd be content for year one.

I feel really sorry for Wii U owners though, Nintendo seemed to have taken out all their anger on them torturing them after all these years. I'd be pretty furious if I was a full on Nintenbro
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.