[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's with the hate of FFVI on here? I mean, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

File: finalfantasy_edgarchainsaw.jpg (273KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
finalfantasy_edgarchainsaw.jpg
273KB, 900x675px
So what's with the hate of FFVI on here? I mean, it's not an amazing game. No Final Fantasy game is. But I can't think of anything it did worse than other games in the series, save maybe too many characters. Almost any other flaw I can think of is shared by another FF game.
>>
>>379308349
>hate
/v/ woyld suck kefkas dick if they could. I always see faggots praising this game.
>>
Extremely overrated.
>>
>>379309524

I never see people praising it. Most FF threads are people arguing over FFVII, IX or Tactics being the absolute best. Then a few idiots come in claiming FFVI and VIII suck just to get attention.
>>
Well i mean IX is the best.
>>
File: Celes_fish.png (23KB, 347x348px) Image search: [Google]
Celes_fish.png
23KB, 347x348px
>>379309657

>game gets 10x less praise than any of the PS1 or PS2 games
>overrated

Okay. And again, what did it do wrong? I can name a bunch of things that were lackluster about it. But games like FFIV, VII, VIII and X all share those flaws.
>>
>>379310178
It's overrated bitch. Stop whining.
>>
>>379308349
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Because /v/ hates everything and everyone and constantly insists on a "it's bad because I said so" mentality.

>>379309657
>>379310384
Prime example
>>
>>379310645
Its overrated bro. Stop shilling this fucking game.
>>
>>379310049

>select attack
>go eat lunch
>come back
>Zidane still hasn't attacked
>>
>>379308349
Final boss is pathetic beyond belief
No more job system
Meandering second half that does nothing with the numerous characters
>>
>>379311000

>Final boss is pathetic beyond belief
True. But then FF fans tend to prefer flashy graphics and music over gameplay content. And again, countless other FF final bosses are jokes. Especially in FFIV and X.

>No more job system
But that's a good thing.

>Meandering second half that does nothing with the numerous characters
True. But the second half of most FF games are pointless. This isn't an excuse for FFVI, just a sad fact. The developers always seem to put their best ideas in the first 1/3 the game, then just pack in a bunch of dramatic filler for the rest of the game.
>>
Contrarian FFVII-FFIX babies.
>>
>>379310828
nigga
>>
>>379309882
VIII does suck though
>>
File: Delita_and_Ramza.jpg (512KB, 836x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Delita_and_Ramza.jpg
512KB, 836x1021px
The next big thing will be to hate on tactics.

>RELIGION IS BAD THE CHURCH IS EVIL SO ORIGINAL
>GAME IS TOO EASY
>2DEEPFORYOU STORY LOL IMPLYING

Mark my words.
>>
>>379309657
>>379309657
You can say the vast majority of FF games are overrated. And even then VI is nowhere near as overrated as say VII, VIII, X and XIII are
>>
Most of the hate comes from people comparing Kefka to the modern le-edgy-reddit-Joker.

I blame it on the "- intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor" shitpost.
>>
>>379312381

People were hating on FFTactics back in the early 2000s. It got so much hate that it turned around and started to get defended. Same as FFVIII and IX.

Also, I know you're joking, but the story in FFTactics is pretty bad. It has pretty much every overdone JRPG cliche shoved into one story, including the church being evil.
>>
>>379310901
Bitch gtfo lol pussy
>>
FFVII is the king of overrated FF games, /v/ only loves it because it's getting an "exclusive" remake for the Sony™ PS4®.
>>
>>379312629

The original hate came from people comparing FFVI and VII. And Sephiroth being one of the most obsessed over characters in all of gaming. Kefka couldn't compete with Sephiroth's rabid popularity.

Not that Kefka or Sephy are good characters.
>>
I unironically believe FFVI haters are literal Sony shills that can't stand knowing the best FF isn't on their preferred platform.

>muh muh muh FFVII is the best! Sony always wins b-baby!!!
>>
>>379312657
FFTactics was loved in the early 2000s getting 9.0/10 in every gaming magazine. Just because a story is cliche doesn't mean it's bad.

>>379312854
>Not that Kefka or Sephy are good characters.
So contrarian. Who do you consider good characters?
>>
>>379311209
>FFIV

Never played the originals, but the DS version is a real piece of shit to fight. Had to grind to level 80 to beat him, and even then it was almost rng luck because he kept on missing meteor.
>>
>>379312953
FFVI was ported to PS1 though
>>
>>379313151

>Who do you consider good characters?
Luca Blight had more development and motivation behind his crazyness than Kefka or Sephiroth. He had reasons to declare war on Highland well before he got the beast rune. The player actually feels empathetic to him at the end. His role in the story also builds up Jowy's role in the story.

Marcello from Dragon Quest VIII is full of jealousy and then is corrupted by an outside source.

Kefka is just crazy from the start without any explanation or development as to why. There's no empathy for confronting and killing him. He's just a generic boss.

Sephiroth goes mad because of a host of reasons, but none of these reasons factor into the actual story. In the end, you're basically just tasked with killing a deranged clone. The true villain in FFVII is Mojo who was using everyone, including Sephiroth. Sephiroth feels as empty an antagonist as Anakin in Star Wars.
>>
>>379313959
FFVI isn't a Sony PS1 game the same way none of these recent PC ports will EVER be considered PC games.
>>
>>379313182

The DS version of FFIV is a double-edged sword. It added new options to battle and improved the difficulty. But it also made it so using augments were pretty much mandatory. And you needed a guide to know how to get those augments, since the game never told you. No one in their right mind would give augments to Fareya since he's only in your party for less than an hour. Yet giving him two augments is the only way to get the best augments in the game (specifically omnicast).
>>
>>379314150
That's nice but it doesn't change that your consolefag bullshit doesn't really apply
>>
>>379314015
>Luca Blight
I KNEW you were gonna mention Suikoden 2.
>Marcello from Dragon Quest VIII
Come the fuck on, at least mention Growlanser or something.
>>
>>379314293

>I KNEW you were gonna mention Suikoden 2.
Then why did you ask the question? There's a reason Luca is compared to Kefka and Sephiroth often. And since you didn't try to refute my point, I assume you recognize this.
>>
File: 200px-Ff6relmart.jpg (112KB, 651x1000px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Ff6relmart.jpg
112KB, 651x1000px
>miss a Sketch
>suddenly party is 4 Edgars
FF6 is an awful and glitchy game that I have never had any of my 3 playthroughs not encounter a game-breaking glitch. What is even the point when there are so many better Square RPGs even on the SNES like Treasure or the Rudras and Chrono Trigger?
>>
>>379314484
I do, Luca is indeed better than them.
>>
File: final_fantasy_celes.jpg (116KB, 850x1189px) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_celes.jpg
116KB, 850x1189px
>>379314561

>suddenly party is 4 Edgars
I never encountered this. But how is that bad? Four chainsaws would be broken. Unless you're claiming those characters remain Edgar after the battle ends. Then the game would crash for story reasons.

You're right that there's other better RPGs though. Hence why I pointed out in the OP that FFVI isn't a great game. No FF game is. It just isn't the worst FF game like people keep claiming.
>>
>>379308349
For me it's Kefka. He's charming and has a devilish sense of humor.
>>
>>379314015
>Kefka is just crazy from the start without any explanation or development as to why.
Wrong, Kefka went nuts cause he was experimented on.
>>
File: 1496777595226.png (21KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496777595226.png
21KB, 256x240px
>>379314561

>>suddenly party is 4 Edgars
>>
>>379314812
No, it happened on the overworld and party screen. Missing sketches on the Veldt apparently does bad things
>>
>>379314812

Celes and Locke made FFVI one of the better games in the series, from a character perspective. I want a remake to fix all the other issues though.
>>
>>379311209
>>No more job system
>But that's a good thing.
explain this bullshit
>>
>reach 2nd half of the game, about to rescue Relm and Strago from the Cultists' Tower
>always rely on savestates, never used real saves
>boss at the top of the tower is actually pretty tough, I'm severly underleved
>managed to beat it by the skin of my teeth
>after it dies it explodes and deals "9999 damage" to my entire party
>used a savestate just before that, get stuck with no way to win the battle

And then I never touched FFVI again.
>>
File: 1483617306518.png (23KB, 418x281px) Image search: [Google]
1483617306518.png
23KB, 418x281px
VI is good, I just like VII more.

Lord know it's way better than FFXV.
>>
File: 1468001260479.png (2MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1468001260479.png
2MB, 1280x853px
>>379315397

Not everyone likes class systems in games. I'm a huge DQ fanboy, but I don't like DQVI, VII and IX as much as the others largely because of the class system.

And the FF class system is even more annoying to me. Especially in FFIII.
>>
>>379315405
Did you not have Life3 or whatever the auto-revive spell is? But yea that was bullshit.
>>
>>379315753
Nope, I was all out of auto-revive items and my party was like Sabin, Edgar Locke and they didn't have that spell.
>>
>>379315405

Sounds like typical FF bullshit. Basically every boss battle in FFIV is like this. Always some stupid final blow that knocks out one or more of your party unless you cheese it with some specific move.
>>
>>379315405
>being such absolute hot garbage that you play the game like this
>"lol duh it's the game's fault"

>>379315753
>>379315873
I've never had Life3. All you have to do is not suck. That part's not even all that hard.
>>
>>379310828
>shilling
>not shitting on a 300 year old game is "shilling" now, even though it isn't available for purchase anymore and don't say that mobile horseshit because if you do you can go and stab yourself in the throat with a rotten horse cock.
>>
>>379314938

Celes and Terra were also experimented on and didn't go crazy. The problem is, they don't explain what Kefka had done to him to make him crazy. In fact, they imply he was a megalomaniac before he even got experimented on.

In other words, they don't develop his motivations or character. They just say he's crazy for 'reasons'.
>>
>>379316783
He was the first one they ever experimented on.
>>
>>379315167
>>379314561
>Played like 5 times
>never encountered one glitch
>never did anything with Relm in the Veldt and still encountered no game-breaking glitches

Fuck you people, I'm leaving.
>>
>>379317017

Okay.. it's still not good development of his personality. If anything, throwing all his issues back onto random experiments makes him more shallow as a villain.
>>
>>379317551
I never claimed he was a deep villain in the first place. I don't know why others even make that claim, since the game pretty much shows that all he's got going for him is he's Toontown crazy.
>>
Least fun FF game, every boss is just hit weak point or get hit hard/statused up the ass

Every common mob just spams status effects then dies in one hit

The characters are all totally unmemorable, including the clown who is boring without the things he does to move the plot forward

The game also looks ugly as fuck, horrid, horrid artstyle

It's my least favourite FF game other than 3
>>
File: 1408135136440.jpg (355KB, 650x960px) Image search: [Google]
1408135136440.jpg
355KB, 650x960px
>>379318480

>Least fun FF game, every boss is just hit weak point or get hit hard/statused up the ass
FFIV is the absolute worst for that.

>Every common mob just spams status effects then dies in one hit
The game did devolve into 'the first hit wins' much of the time. But again, FFIV did this much worse.

>The characters are all totally unmemorable, including the clown who is boring without the things he does to move the plot forward
Celes, Locke and Edgar were memorable to me. Gau to a limited extent as well.

>The game also looks ugly as fuck, horrid, horrid artstyle
It needs updating, but its better than the games that came before (and FFVII in my opinion). I would like it to see it get a remake, but I worry that would just make it look worse if they go with the Amano style designs. Celes would go from a cute, soft sprite to an anorexic vampire with wire hair.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.