[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with X:Rebirth? I haven't played any other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

What's wrong with X:Rebirth? I haven't played any other X games and this looks good for the modern graphics, deep economy, and complex bases.
>>
>>379301015
also interested in this, having played X3
>>
I could write up a big long list of all the things wrong with this dumbed down piece of console trash, but I'll just leave it at this:

The X series isn't very good and this is easily the worst game in the series.

Just go on Youtube and look up any video on this game and you'll understand why pretty much immediately.

There's literally a goddamn minigame for dodging traffic when you jump into hyperwarpspace.
>>
>>379301015
>minigame for dodging traffic when you jump into hyperwarpspace.
This can't be real.
>>
>>379301791
holy shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhiUtKGWcBY
>>
X: Rebirth had me super hyped back in the day. It looked like they really added life to the world, they scaled down their over ambition into something more to scale and personal, promised a story and better mechanics. When it came out however, the thing was a horrifically buggy and unoptimised mess and their good idea concepts were all half baked and crap. For example, going onto the physical space stations sounded so cool. In practice, you got essentially randomly generated nonsense that all looked the same and added a shit ton of leg work to getting missions you used to just hit the com button for. There was never anything interesting to find on them. Another good idea was the companion character who would help with a story. It seemed like a good idea to make space less lonely and give you a solid idea of what to do if you wanted to follow a main quest. In practice though she has horrible dialog that gets repetitive as hell and just acts as a second, way less useful bitching betty and the story remained as bland an uninteresting as it ever was.
>>
not OP, but what should I play if I need so bad a space game?

I love euro truck simulator and got elite dangerous recommended but I don't know
>>
X3 with mods is to date the best space opera to date which is sad.
>>
>>379303078
X3 is good start in my opinion. Empire building and trading in that is fun.
>>
>>379303687
I played X3 and couldn't stand the green clouds at my fucking face every 3 seconds

I can't remember more about it but if I could mod it a little I'd gladly play it
>>
>>379303956
I'm pretty sure there was a mod that removed it. But the view distance is still short in those sectors when the fog is removed.
>>
>>379304262

Is the story at least ok, or is it sandbox?
>>
>>379304724
Sandbox mainly. There are multiple short plots, but its not the most important part of the game. You get a cool little bonus when you complete certain ones (like a personal HQ station and your own sector)
>>
>>379305248

I see, well there're like 0(zero(none)) alternatives, so might as well try it out
>>
>>379305551
>0(zero(none)) alternatives
Yeah, I know how you feel. X3 is the only one that was able to scratch that itch for me. Maybe it will for you.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.