[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Setting aside being "Crowdfunded", what does /v/ think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: Chronicles of Elyria.jpg (244KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Chronicles of Elyria.jpg
244KB, 1440x810px
Setting aside being "Crowdfunded", what does /v/ think about Chronicles of Elyria?
>>
File: 141451536.jpg (4KB, 150x120px) Image search: [Google]
141451536.jpg
4KB, 150x120px
>expecting us to set aside it being crowdfunded
>>
>>379294150
Cool in concept, but I don't trust any devs to be able to handle it right.
>>
>>379294452
high-larious
>>
Have they demo'd how characters age/die in game yet?
>>
Not in-game as far as I know. But they've shown the aging and body dynamics off anyhow.
>>
>>379295448
to
>>379295238
>>
>>379294150
give me the tl;dr senpai
>>
>>379295724
Game is basically meant to be a "realistic" Open-World MMO. Some of the bigger features are aging, (perma)death, and reincarnation.

Also got plenty of other features that make it sound more like a simulation than a normal MMO. Seems to have been in development for over a decade now.
>>
File: Witt.gif (991KB, 233x199px) Image search: [Google]
Witt.gif
991KB, 233x199px
I read that you need to pay $30 per character you have. With you being doomed to die cause aging...

devs can't be this out of touch, can they?
>>
>>379296870

Eve Online and WoW take mothly fees, this is basicly a yearly fee. Dying by murder is not killing your $30 investment. Also just like in Eve Online you are supposed to be able to play for you Next life instead of paying it.
>>
>>379297748
How long to (((earn))) your life tho
>>
>>379298919
you can earn a currency called Storypoints, it has different uses too. tho i dont know them. It is said that playing for 3 month is enough to earn a "spark of life" (being reborn) But i dont know how intense you have to play "active" is the description. but you have at least 10 Month of playtime in a normal life. So earning Story points should not be to dificult.

it is explained and scourced here
http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Story_Points
>>
It will never release with even 1/10th of the features they are claiming it will have.
>>
File: 377121237.png (504KB, 628x625px) Image search: [Google]
377121237.png
504KB, 628x625px
>>379294150
It's really concerning.

I can understand why they let people buy titles. It's good incentive, and the power they get from it ain't forever, with permadeath. Basically meant for a strong start.

But that one Kingdom, Vornair, on the NA-E server, just utterly fucking abused it.

Their leader, Adam "people are entitled to be toxic if they want to be" Burrfoot is a fucking cuck. Spent $20,000 to buy 2 goddamn kingdoms, and is now threatening everyone else's peace.

Devs should've put a limit on how many Monarch packages people could buy.

I was originally really interested in the game, but they're fuckery kinda killed it for me. I'd rather not switch servers, but hell, I might have to.
>>
>>379299547
They're probably gonna be spread too wide to survive all that long, calm down m80.
>>
>>379299547
shit man, i am not sitting on NA-E but Europe. seems you have it bad. too bad you have greedy Vornair.

The Largest EU Kingdom is the size of the 2nd Largest NA-E Kingdom. so we got some growing to do.
>>
File: just fuck my shit up.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>>379294150
The concept and what they've shown so far looks incredible, but I'm skeptical since I already got fucking burned by Spore, Sim City 5 and No Man's Sky who all promised and hyped themselves up to be incredible too
>>
>>379300675
true if they pull a NMS, ... i dont even know what I do. cry a little and carry on?

I have hope for the game and not becasue i invested a few monies myself. the reverse is the case. tho i still say dont preoder, i am just weak as shit.

(at least i am not idiot spending 20k.
>>
>>379299547
>$20,000

How is possible to spend that much on a game that doesn't exist yet?

At least Star Citizen cucks have a demo sim to try out.
>>
I called them out when they were blatantly advertising on imgur like 2 years ago and people gave me shit for it.

I challenged people to send me a message when the game is forgotten and never played or mentioned at all whatsoever upon release.

Is it close to release yet? I can't wait to get no messages because everyone knows they won't care about this shit at all.
>>
>>379301668
Kickstarter let you buy titles. Which sounds P2W at first, but the 1, the power is transient, after death, those a title below you figures who takes your place, so really only provides a strong start.
2. game kinda needs to come with prestructured kingdoms and the like to get anything done at the start. which yeah, is a bit dumb, but I think what they're offering outweighs the stupidity at the start.

>>379301986
They're getting close to release, I heard Q4 of this year.. However, the dudes with NDA access are saying it looks more Q1 of 2018 for alpha testing.
>>
File: Chronicles_of_Elyria_Attributes.jpg (39KB, 802x250px) Image search: [Google]
Chronicles_of_Elyria_Attributes.jpg
39KB, 802x250px
I thought the attribute system seemed well thought out, if misspelled, but the game seems to be a bit of a house of cards of good ideas that there's no way will work properly in practice.
>>
>>379294150
V A P O R W A R E

A A

P P

O O

R R

W W

A A

R R

E E
>>
>>379294150
Yo, figured I'd dump an in-depth analysis I wrote for a friend.

Aight,so here's the rundown.
For one thing, I wanna clear up a common miscopnception. You don't have to pay $30 for each time you go through permadeath. You can easily earn these things called "story points" while just playing the game. So if your even semi-active, you should be able to earn a free life.

Anyway, we'll start on character creation. When you start out, you can either choose to be in an NPC family, or a ward of the state. If you start out as family, your customization is limited. Since you can only adjust traits within a certain range between your parents. However, you get the benefits of having stability, a home, social links. A ward gets much more customization, and starts at a younger age (12 years vs 15 for family boy). Giving you 21 more days of adolescence to train up your skills. But they sacrifice the stability a family brings, and often lead lonelier lives. A quick little tidbit, your character has an extremely small chance to be born with genetic mutations. Be it albinism, or heterochromia, there's always a chance for it.
>>
>>379303959

Next, skills. There's quite the list of skills you can choose from. They're divided into combat, survval, crafting, gathering, deviant (criminal stuff), and bardic (academic skills). Now, you don't just go through the "gather resources, mash x to do the thing". To make sure you can't just grind your way to mastery, each non-combat skill has something of a "mini-game" that takes skill to do. So when your character manages to make something legendary, it was your hand that actually did it. Aditionally, it's in your best interest to take risks. The higher chance you have to successfully do something, the more you know, which means the less you learn from it. So take those risky 20% chances, they may reward you greatly. Another thing, people fear losing their skill progress when they succumb to inevitable doom (unless they're a lich or a vampire, which are legit possibilities). Theres a system of "skill ramps" in place, so while you lose your progress. Skill ramps make you advance faster in whatever skills you were prievously trained in.

Now, roles. Every character has a role to play in the kingdom. It's hardly viable to just idle in town somewhere, expecting to survive. The basic neccessities are needed, and you need to perform your duty. Be it adventuring, taking quests, living a fast, unstable lifestyle. Or settling on being a breadmaker. Hell, I bet even being a hooker is viable. Considering the game is pretty reliant on RP for the fun, I'm sure people will be able to squeeze enjoyment outta the simple life. And If your life starts to get a little boring for you, fret not. The Soulborn engine manages players personal stories, and it'll likely try and prod you into the direction of fun. Though, consistent refusal may result in the dropping of the prods.
>>
>>379304051

Questing, there won't be any short supply of quests for ya. Considering that 1. The Soulbound Engine is hella advanced, and can prod you into unique, non-repeatable quests. No, nothing like those WoW grindfests "Kill 20 blue bunnies in the carrot patch". And 2. Players themselves will be questgivers through the game-enforced contract system. We already have a guy in my town that's planning on being a dedicated quest hub.

Offline characters. So, whether you're offline or online, your character will age. Knowing that most players want the most outta their character's lives, your character will act autonomusly. So you won't have to worry about raiders coming after your livelyhood, your character can defend themselves. However, knowing that players will also not like the game to take action for them, they can set up custom behaviors, to more accurately go with the will of the player.

Identity. If you're a little on the dark side (racially or morally, they're about the same). You're lucky that there's a divide between a character, and an identity. If you haven't introduced yourself, or haven't interacted with anyone for too long, you're anonymous. No nameplates above your head, giving your identity away to everyone. If you're skilled in the deviant arts, you can start disgusing yourself from people who do happen to know you. And even start bouncing around from one identity to the next.
>>
Eugenics is gonna be an interesting thing in game. Especially since the tribes are expected to be so varied.
>>
>>379305781
yeah, I'm expecting some people to go full nazi and try and achieve a master race.
>>
>>379306285
Fuck yeah!

One of the most hated races will probably be these things called Kypiqs. They're basically manlets who look like squirrels. They average 4'1'' in height, and quite a few Counts have expressed wish for genocide.

It's been said that the first extinction won't be a plant or an animal, but they Kypiq.
>>
>>379306864
Which is ironic since 90% of polposters would be marked for death if we employee eugenics
>>
>>379306864
You happen to have a link to an archive or something? I wanna read up on it.
>>
>>379307386
https://boards.4tan.org/pol/search/text/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/

here's the only thread I could find
>>
>>379307079
>employee
>>
File: autism.png (310KB, 588x574px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
310KB, 588x574px
>>379299547
>titles ain't forever
>Their leader spent $20,000 on Kingship

What a fucking retard.
>>
>>379308517
Yeah, the devs have said they expect the original kingdoms to fall within the first 15 months. He's a really toxic dude, and I bet that he's just gonna try and fuck as much shit up as possible on his way down.
>>
>>379308661
>using toxic unironically
>>
The problem with this fucking sandbox mmos is that NO ONE IS FINISHED OR READY TO PLAY.

Last sandbox mmo that was fun was Archeage and it's only problem was the labor shit, in fucking 2014, can at least one of them be finished?

Camelot Unchained is the one I want the most.
>>
But how good is the char creator and can you play as a fat girl?
>>
>>379308767
Hey, we're talking about Adam "people are entitled to be toxic if they want to be" Burrfoot, here.
>>
>>379309027
It's pretty in-depth. Though, you're limited by your parent's genetics, unless you play as a ward of the state.

And yeah, you can be fat. There's a body dynamics system, where it shows age, muscles, fat, etc.
>>
>>379309127
le le le xd
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.