[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: that one widely hated part of a game that you liked/didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: Ch12-0.jpg (163KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
Ch12-0.jpg
163KB, 840x525px
ITT: that one widely hated part of a game that you liked/didn't mind
>>
>>379292227
Trauma is kinda easy after dealing with it so many times.
Hot & Heavy on the other hand
>>
>>379292227
Hacking minigame in Nier Automata

I liked it
>>
>>379292227
The boat level in hm2. Took me 4 hours on hard mode.
>>
File: 1409296465998.png (266KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
1409296465998.png
266KB, 600x424px
AI party members
>>
Infamous dock mission in jak 2. I still think the reason why people hate that mission is because they don't use the useless hoverboard that everyone forgets they have
>>
>>379293649
Hotline Miami's level design is absolute garbage.
Fucking wide open spaces and windows littered all over the place, making guns the only viable playstyle.
>>
>>379294652
Fuck, I meant to say 2.
The first game has impeccable design for the most part.
>>
Hong Kong in Deus Ex 1.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with the design or number of yetis on the snow planet in Ratchet and Clank 2.
>>
>>379294954
Why did people have problems with them? You can literally just run away if you need to
>>
Wind Waker Sailing.
It was charming.
>>
>>379292227
I really enjoyed second driving section in Half Life 2.
>>
>>379295136
The main complaints I heard was the sheer number, that they attacked (really slightly) faster than most enemies with melee attacks and that they could surround you easy since some came up behind you at times. But by that point in the game you have so many crowd clearing and defensive weapons that you can always tell where they are and keep them at bay. Plus they're so big and slow, and like you said you have charge boots too.
>>
File: fine for me.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
fine for me.png
5KB, 240x160px
>>
>>379296035
I fucking loved how huge Airs Rock was. Blew my mind getting to the top and realising it hadn't even begun yet.
>>
I never minded the Triforce Hunt in Wind Waker. It's often brought up as a reason not to play or replay it, but it's never struck me as anything other than just another little thing you do during the game.
>>
>>379294029
That mission is fucking trivial if you know the trick
>>
Chapter 2 of Paper Mario
Chapter 4 of TTYD
>>
>>379293418
This and the text based sections in both NieR and NieR: Automata. Their inclusion makes the games unique to me, and they were well executed imho.
>>
>>379292227
Adaptability and soul memory in Dark Souls 2
>>
File: 230px-Pinball.png (59KB, 230x161px) Image search: [Google]
230px-Pinball.png
59KB, 230x161px
>>379292227
Never understood the notoriety. I mean sure, it was terribly designed and didn't work at all with the mechanics of the game, but it wasn't that difficult.

The lilypad, on the other hand...
>>
I fucking loved Trauma.
>>
>>379296508
The Triforce hunt is great, its fun sailing around the islands and completing all the little trials. Having to find each piece from the chart is less fun but even that doesn't really take long to do.

I think that the majority of people who complain about the triforce hunt and claim it ruins the game either missed out on the wallet upgrades and had to grind money to pay Tingle or didn't get the island maps from the fishman.
>>
>>
>>
File: 150815175324142.jpg (116KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
150815175324142.jpg
116KB, 1280x800px
>>
>>379294885
Hong Kong is the tits though, who the fuck hates it?
>>
Peragus
Taris isn't as good but isn't bad either
>>
>>379296624
Chapter 2 of PM 64 is great. I've never heard anyone complain about it. The only parts of 64 I ever hear criticized are getting the seeds to get to Flower Fields (which is fair), the backtracking in Flower Fields itself (which I don't mind at all, I love Flower Fields), and finding the lost Yoshis (which I also don't mind at all).

But TTYD has Boggly Woods and the train which are both cancer, although I don't dislike the moon base like everyone else seems to.
>>
>>379292227
Did people actually have trouble with trauma? It was easy as fuck
>>
I like Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves, and don't really mind Lost Izalith other than Bed of Chaos being shit. I think the majority of areas in DS3 are even worse.
>>
>>379292227
noob
>>
The Fade
Taris
Flying missions in GTA and the vehicle schools in San Andreas
The swamp in Witcher 1
Liberty Island
Eavesdropping missions in Black Flag
Chateau Irenicus
The asteroid mission in Dead Space
THE BEAMS, REDIRECT THE BEAMS
Newfoundland
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.