[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>IMMERSIVE SIM When and why the hell people started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: imsimcovers.png (1MB, 1054x925px) Image search: [Google]
imsimcovers.png
1MB, 1054x925px
>IMMERSIVE SIM

When and why the hell people started using this term?
>>
>>379289696
>An influential school of game design established by Looking Glass Studios, in which the player is free to act as they choose in a richly simulated world. The term was coined by Warren Spector in his Deus Ex post-mortem.
>>
I have literally only heard easy allies use that term. They insist on it for some reason
>>
>>379289696
>comparing classing games to soulless trash called Dishonored
lol
>>
>>379289994
Dishonored is better than Bioshit.
>>
I never heard this term used before . I always called it "stuff from looking glass" and "stuff similar to looking glass"
>>
>>379289837
Warren Spector is such a fag I dunno why people worship this washed up producer.
>>
>>379290804
>I dunno why people worship him
probably because he made arguably the greatest game ever made
>>
>>379289696
>Bioshock
>immersive sim
my fucking ass, lmao, it's a barebones first person shooter
>>
>>379291101
you mean he """produced""" it along with a bunch of other LGS games
wow what a feat we should listen to everything this guy says because he ran a few studios
>>
>>379291343
This, what the fuck, the game has 0 interaction with the environment and there are no physics involved at all.
>>
>>379291385
He was the Deus Ex director you underage faggot
>>
>>379292243
and harvey smith was lead designer
and Deus Ex is far from the greatest game ever made when UU, SS, and Thief exist
warren spector is a hack who is only relevant because of things he did 20 years ago while everything since he has been involved with was dogshit
>>
>>379289696
Where is Gone Home on the list? It even flat out has the 451 puzzle.
>>
>>379292587
>Deus Ex is far from the greatest game ever made
You have no idea about what you're talking about
He certainly accomplished more than your underage ass
>>
>>379290023
That isnt saying much
>>
>>379292860
i have played deus ex dozens of times
it is far from the greatest game ever made it looks like something 2-3 years older than when it actually came out, the actual combat and stealth related mechanics are shit compared to other games of the time, and the RPG mechanics are shallow
>>
>>379293056
Kek
There's literally no game that matches Deus Ex when it comes to emergent gameplay to this day, it was mindblowing when it come out
You're underage and a retard
>>
>>379293493
amazing arguments as expected of an Immersive Simâ„¢ warren spector cumguzzler
bet you haven't even played any of the other LGS games
>>
>>379289696
'Immersive Sim' makes me picture those weird games that Germans like where you drive a street cleaner or forklift around.
>>
>>379292587
Harvey Smith couldn't be the brain behind Deus Ex
If he was, only 30% of it was preserved and shoved inside an android..backwards!
>>
>>379293692
>ad hominem and assumptions
Nice non arguments retard
>>
>>379294030
i already laid out my arguments and you countered them with insults so it only seems fair to do the same
>>
File: 1495410352806.jpg (117KB, 850x680px) Image search: [Google]
1495410352806.jpg
117KB, 850x680px
Deus Ex is iconic game.

No one really cares about Thief though.
>>
>>379292587
>made when UU, SS, and Thief exist
If you think those are better you need to off yourself
>>
>>379294502
all three of those excel at something much better than deus ex
the AI in deus ex is extremely braindead and the shooting mechanics are horrible
>>
>>379294127
But you clearly don't know what you're talking about and made no valid arguments.
What makes Deus Ex special isn't the RPG elements or the shooting, it's the emergent gameplay, the ways you can be creative and use the laid out systems in ways the devs might not even intended to - that's what makes it arguably one of the greatest games ever made. Thief, System Shock and Ultima are great games in their own ways but are simply below Deus Ex when it comes to that.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (38KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
38KB, 600x553px
>>379294326
i...i do
>>
>>379294326
shut your mouth
I still have darkloader installed
>>
>>379294326
people still make tons of fan missions and fan remakes like the dark mod while nobody gives a shit about deus ex
>>
>>379289696
Bio shock is supposed to be good correct
>>
>>379294640
No they don't, they are worse RPGs with less meaningful choices
>>
>>379291101
Thank Harvey for that.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.