[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about 6 hours into this game, and I can't decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
I'm about 6 hours into this game, and I can't decide if I like it. Do I like it? Is Sleeping Dogs good?
>>
File: 1480129661317.jpg (40KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1480129661317.jpg
40KB, 535x577px
please tell me if I like Sleeping Dogs
>>
>>379288708
No, you don't like sleeping dogs because it's partially asian shovelware.

It is interesting though...
>>
>>379287980
If you're not already digging the kung fu/The Raid feel of it, then you probably won't like it
>>
>>379289078
I enjoy the atmosphere, the world, the music, the characters, the customization, and the driving, but the combat and open world elements feel generic and uninspired, and unfortunately those are central to the gameplaying experience. I think I'll stick with it, but I can already feel it becoming a slog.
>>
Everybody likes kung-fu fighting
>>
I liked it more than GTA V, replayed it a couple of times too. Its great if you dont expect the same kind of quality as a GTA game
>>
how is flying kicking people not fun
>>
>>379287980
When it came out in 2012 it was pretty hot shit on the PC, and GTA V still hadn't come out yet.

It looked great, we hadn't gotten sick of the Arkham style combat system, and it really had a nice aesthetic. Lots of small little touches made it nice. It's 2017 now. Replaying it you'll notice that parts of the game's story are incredibly shallow and simple, and the pacing is all fucky. Guns are hilariously OP too. The DLC is incredibly underwhelming as well, since there's simply not a lot of ways and permutations it can alter the game.

In the end it's a fun sandbox game that you can play through pretty quickly but its splendor has faded rapidly.
>>
>>379289347
It's worth finishing just to see the narrative come full circle.

And to get a giggle from the dating missions blowing up in Wei's face.

Not-Ping confirmed for still wanting Wei's Dragon.
>>
>>379287980
better than GTAIV, anyway
>>
File: 1477696014399.png (27KB, 1070x868px) Image search: [Google]
1477696014399.png
27KB, 1070x868px
Not-Ping needs to be in another game
>>
YOU WANT PORK BUN?!
>>
>>379289891
No it isn't. Every main-release GTA game is incredible.
>>
>>379287980
Yes, you do like it.

And yes, it is pretty good.
>>
File: 1490889666189.jpg (73KB, 638x498px) Image search: [Google]
1490889666189.jpg
73KB, 638x498px
>>379287980
Played it twice, enjoyed both times. I like the setting the most desu, the hand to hand combat was pretty fun too.
>>
>>379291319
The setting/atmosphere is its strongest aspect, but I wish the radio stations had more tracks.
>>
>>379290815
Not him, but I feel the same as he does. I thought it was way better than GTAV, with a tiny fraction of its budget.
>>
>>379289347
I thought the melee combat was pretty good, it felt grounded and meaty which is what I always wanted out of the Arkham games
>>
File: I'm not a cop, I swear.jpg (206KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
I'm not a cop, I swear.jpg
206KB, 1600x900px
I'M WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER

9/10 game. Fantastic and super interesting setting. City felt more alive and crowded than most GTA games. Great kung-fu. Serviceable story that has its moments. Dodgy car controls though.
>>
>>379287980
it is a good game until the wedding. after that it is fucking shit
>>
A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man!
>>
>>379291821
It feels kind of boring to me. Maybe this is on me, but after learning the leg break grapple move, I've found that all I have to do is spam that on the little guys to fill my face meter, and then when it's activated, grapple the grapplers and use the leg break on them in addition to the little guys, which you can only do when the face meter is running. If you do it fast enough, you get enough face from each leg break to replenish what you lost in the time it took you to execute the move, and this is without the massage parlor bonus. I can't imagine the combat gets anything but easier as I learn more moves and abilities.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.