[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Time for the another Stellaris session! >First race I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 2017_06_06_1.png (643KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017_06_06_1.png
643KB, 1366x768px
>Time for the another Stellaris session!
>First race I found are fanatical purifiers and block me from the extinction event chain
And how yours space empire doing?
>>
>>379287185
I'm on the fence with getting this... help me...
>>
>>379287578
Well you missed out on getting the base game for 12 dollars last month, so you might as well wait for a sale.
>>
>>379287185
>40 years in
>that surplus
>that no exploration

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>379287872
There literally nothing with it
>>
File: da_best_image.png (81KB, 5000x3600px) Image search: [Google]
da_best_image.png
81KB, 5000x3600px
Made a devouring swarm hivemind empire. Ate a quarter of the galaxy before the Prethoryn came right into my backyard. Ate them too and took their queen. Now I am the swarm.

Not even three awakened empires hellbent on stopping me can't do shit.

Now if only I could invade the next galaxy over...
>>
Distant Worlds is the patrician Stellaris.

Aurora even more so, but it runs like shit (yet the upcoming C# version may change this).
>>
>>379287185
Why don't you have more stuff on turn 40?
>>
>tfw I don't even play this game but still visit these threads for the fun stories
>>
>>379287578
Pirate it. its not good enough for a purchase.

>>379288821
Another Aurora man, good taste.

>>379289425
You should try Aurora 4x for stories. Heres a little story I saw from a thread a few days ago which made me remember my first days with Aurora.

>Create bitchin' fleet complete with giant flagship
>Go to kick some xeno ass
>They have little ships that are simply engines with meson guns attached to them
>One gets close to flagship
>Shoots exactly once
>Hits my missile magazine
>Magazine fails the 97% chance not to fucking explode
>Entire flagship goes nuclear
>>
>>379289783
>Another Aurora man, good taste.
I must confess that, while I do enjoy the game, the slowdowns really turn me off to it. In part, this is because I really enjoy multi-nation Earth starts (I like a busy, competitive solar system, and not having to wait for ayy lmaos to show up), but they make the game run like shit from day one.
>>
>>379289783
>aurora
Holy shit this is the first time I've heard of it and christ it looks complicated. It looks like EVE spreadsheet-em up but with user friendliness dropped below sea level.

How long does it take to get used to all that?
>>
>>379287578
It's shit and overall a failure, but the idea behind it and soundtrack are 10/10. I played EU4 demo for the first time a couple days ago (never having really dove into CKII or EU before) and it's lightyears ahead of Stellaris.
>>
>>379290773
It's probably easier than Dwarf Fortress to get into. It just runs horribly, and don't even think of trying to play on a laptop (there's a hard limit to window height).

Designing ships is both fun and somewhat tedious at the same time (it's hard to explain). There are a lot of things to keep track of, and it's kind of hard to gauge how your designs will fare without actually flying or fighting with them (I guess this is part of the fun).
>>
Gonna try ES2 today
>>
File: Engine_design.png (58KB, 607x835px) Image search: [Google]
Engine_design.png
58KB, 607x835px
>>379290472
>the slowdowns really turn me off to it.
well, thats why we get the C# rewrite.

the old Aurora is written in VB and more importantly, AccessDB - which is incredibly slow and poor for DB intensive operation like running a constantly updating game.

>>379290773
>How long does it take to get used to all that?
Well, I came into Aurora after years of DF so my opinion might be biased but not long at all. infact I'd say Aurora 4x is easy to understand because it gives you all the information in a fairly clear spreadsheet.

The problem isn't with the UI, its with the sheer content. for example you can tinker with the ship components to a level beyond normal games. Lets take engine techs for example:

You have base propulsion tech (i.e. what type of engine it is)
Engine Efficiency (Basically ability to tune to high-power fuel guzzler or low-power high efficiency)
Fuel consumption (a flat efficiency bonus)
and finally Thermal Reduction (Lessens the thermal signature of the engine. There are 3 sensor types in Aurora. Gravitational, EM and Thermal. More mass = bigger Gravitational signature, more electric stuff = more EM signature. and Thermal is emitted by some ship systems engines)

You can research each of these techs seperately. then you need you design parameters for an engine based on the avaliable tech plus decide on its size (Bigger = better. but end up a bigger ship), research that design and then you can put it in a ship design.

The level of detail in ship designs is amazing and I can spend many posts just discussing it. and there are many other great things like genetics engineering, terraforming, and my favorite the logsitic system of the game. theres really a lot of material to cover and you will lose in your first few games due to it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.