[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished this few hours ago. Wasn't bad at all,tedious at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Finished this few hours ago.
Wasn't bad at all,tedious at times but everything else made up for it.
What surprises me how human all characters scripts were,kinda surprising not to see edgy shit or "deep" behavior like we normally do.
>>
Why did you play this shit instead of Escape From Butcher Bay?
>>
>>379286219
Because I played Butcher bay with it came out years ago and I had the bundle from GOG sitting on by drive for a year.
It took me 3 times across that time span to get into the game,the floaty/clunky movement was too much at the first hangar with a swarm of enemies.
But it played out good.
>>
>>379286593
>when*
whatever im tired
>>
File: 2013-06-16_00019.jpg (336KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-16_00019.jpg
336KB, 1920x1080px
>>379285320
Good game, only bad thing I can remember is some frustrating back tracking through stealth sections.
>>
>>379286973
For me most disappointing was the last boss fight because I had to looking up what im doing wrong.
Which in turn ruined the battle and I fucked myself at the end.

Also big flaw is not having some kind of mechanism for boss health indication,just a big guessing game that left me frustrated few times.
>>
>>379285320
>>379286219
suggested way to get this played on pc?
>>
>>379287531
Get it from gog everything works out of the box.
The game looks amazing even compared to modern games.
Few textures here and there that are lower rez but everything is fine.
>>
>>379287710
did they get rid of both games?

https://www.gog.com/forum/chronicles_of_riddick_the/chronicles_of_riddick_and_chronicles_of_riddick_return_to_butcher_bay_removal

also which one is better?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1278x598px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1278x598px
>>379288221
Lol what the fuck.
They were in bundle both games and I recommend it to pirate the complete pack.

>http://pcgames-download.net/2014/07/the-chronicles-of-riddick-assault-on-dark-athena-gog/

Play them in order first butcher bay than dark athena.
>>
>>379285320
I was late in playing it too, anon. I played BB when it came out but never got around to this. I just like how comfy it is skulking around the ship and planet.
>>
>>379288845
Honestly I didn't want it to end.
The characters are so well done especially Max Dacher,the guy was total bro.
>>
>>379287710
It works fine out of the box for you? Both games are stuttering like mad for me for some reason and it's frustrating as fuck. Been scouring the internet for a few days now looking for a patch but nothing seems to be working so far.
>>
>>379289590
Something similar was happening to me with Pathologic GOG release,no matter what I did stuttered like crazy.
If you are playing on a laptop try installing is somewhere else its not like the game needs a lot of GPU power.
>>
>>379289768
Nah, I'm playing on my main rig. I'm worried it might be a Win10 issue since others have said that switching to WinXP compatibility fixed it for them. Unfortunately, it does jackshit for me.
>>
>>379290106
Also to add, the stutters only come when playing on fullscreen. Windowed, it's fine but it only has my native resolution when it's fullscreen. It also screentears like a son of a bitch when windowed.
>>
I didn't hate Dark Athena, but it was just kind of a tired and arbitrary sequel, an expansion pack more like: used the same engine and mechanics without any noteworthy changes, locales and story were forgettable.
>>
>>379287326
dude just pick up the minigun and blast the invisible mechs, you can see them if you hit them or from their muzzle flash.
>>
Loved the prison/melee stuff. Awesome game. Might need to replay it.
>>
>>379290247
While I understand your reasoning found that it has enough new stuff in the mix to keep it fresh and engaging,the arenas was nice add-on if only the enemies were a little bit smarter and the health system more fleshed out.
But yes if engaging it is a progression of the first game story wise,but I dont care since playing as riddick is fun on its own and it kinda fits into his character of not giving a fuck about the people around him.
>>
>>379290430
Yeah once you understand how it works its fine,the problem is getting there.
The tutorial is seriously lacking.
>>
>>379290635
It has a good weight to the melee and some of the scenarios aren't done much in games. Plus the takedown kills were satisfying brutal.
>>
File: 1343918902081.gif (2MB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
1343918902081.gif
2MB, 450x334px
>post your face when this started playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jycFBAfWBVk
>>
>>379290417
I was talking about the second game final boss.
The bad ass chick.

>>379290229
I dont know what to tell you,works fine on my potato running windows 7.
>>
>>379291182
Well as i understand some of the guys are ex demosceners so its ok.
>>
>>379291224
It's alright anon, was just venting my frustrations I guess. Loved playing BB on the OG Xbox back in the day and played DA on the 360. Been hankering to go through both games again recently. I'll find a way.
>>
>>379285320
what was tedious
>>
>>379291535
>AI noticing you from 1000 meters away
>AI making sharp turns in the opposite direction just as you want to take-down someone
>while having the possibility to silently handle the given situation with multiple enemies,it is scripted that you have to do it guns blazing
This happened on more then one occasion fortunately other aspects keep the game fresh.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.