[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Supposedly 30 million people play it >can't find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: dead game.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dead game.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Supposedly 30 million people play it
>can't find 11 other people to play with
Why does blizzard lie to us?
>Inb4 the game just tries to find players that are has similar/equal skillset
>>
are all 30 million of those players all online at once and in your specific region?
hmm?
>>
>>379273961
you can try to pretend that matchmaking time isn't heavily based upon your tier but it is nigger

Deal with it
>>
>>379274391
There are at most 4 or 5 skill tiers so it's not like that's an excuse.
Let's say players are evenly divided in regions. You have North America, Europe, Korea, and the rest of the world (Asia minus Korea + Russia + South America), that's 30M over 4, about 7M in each zone. Now let's say that half play on PCs and half on consoles, that's 3.5M. When you divide 3.5 over those 5 skill tiers, you get 700k players to play with in your region. Now, there are 5 main game modes and custom games, so let's divide that by 6. That's about 120k accounts that you would be able to play with. Out of those accounts, I would estimate only 10% are playing at any given time, so the effective player base becomes 12k. Add that to the fact that Blizzard divides the players by servers based on ping, you have probably less than 1000 players that you are being matched with. At 12 players a match, you have about 100 matches going on and the reminder of those players actively waiting.
So in the end, that's where the wait times come from. It's even worse if you're trying to play at some odd hour like at 6 in the morning
>>
>>379273961
Matchmaking bumps you down the more people report you for being an asshole. Clearly no one wants to play with you.
>>
>>379273961
You could try not being a toxic piece of shit that gets reported all the time

But it's too late for you

You're already in low priority queue hell.

And it's all your fault.
>>
>match making takes longer than 30 seconds
>cancel and hit search again
>instantly finds game

Unless you're so shit there aren't 11 other shitty people to play along with.
>>
>>379273961
Mmh, weird.
What game mode was that?
>>
>>379275576
You're assuming 30,000,000 are actually 30 million unique individuals and not accounting for people that played the game once during free weekends, people playing with smurf accounts, or just people doing whatever in internet cafes.

Now that they had another free worldwide weekend, and the game was free the entire month of May in China, the numbers are going to look even weirder.
>>
>>379273961
The game just tries to find players that are has similar/equal skillset you're just so bad there is no one else on your level
>>
>>379275579
>>379275697
fucking pathetic
>instead of telling me why the game cant find me 11 people under 1 minute you blizzdrones telling me i its because i'm """""""toxic"""""""
Fucking pathetic. I guess valve won again (without even trying lol).
>>
>>379273961
>PC

Found your problem
>>
I easily find a game in 5-30 secs (depends on time of day) and im eastern europoor
>>
File: 1482003892185.jpg (167KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1482003892185.jpg
167KB, 1680x1050px
>>379273961
valve always wins baby!
>>
>>379276969
you're the dumbest piece of shit

Overwatch has no low priority queue you retarded waste of skin
>>
>>379276969
bait thread?
>>
>>379273961
your mmr is so bad the game struggles to find 11 other people just as bad as you
>>
>>379273961
You're either extremely good or extremely shite. It's called matchmaking.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.