[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help, Challenge 4 and 5 are remodelling my shithole. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: vanquish.jpg (171KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
vanquish.jpg
171KB, 1080x600px
Help, Challenge 4 and 5 are remodelling my shithole.

How do I get good?
>>
>>379272196
Learn to boost dodge, throw frag nades at spawn points, save emps for tricky sections, ignore crystal viper until everything else is clear, he is almost harmless if you are moving around and boost dodging a lot.
>>
Also start mentally preparing for the merciless abomination that is challenge 6
>>
>>379272879

Ahhh challenge 6......I shall never beat ye
>>
>>379273034
Don't give up anon
>>
>>379272196
>How do I get good?
Google the pro-strat movement techniques that you need in order to get anything done in this game when the difficulty jumps.
>>
>>379273419
You only need to learn boost dodging which is super intuitive imo
>>
>>379272196
That's pretty funny, challenge 6 is a whole different beast.
Boost roll by holding boost and rolling, it's handy.

>>379273034
Not sure if you're like me, but I only really used the more conventional guns to start off with and it was really hard.
Learn how guns like the LFE work and it will be much easier, if you go to their spawn points with it you can get rid of a large number of enemies quickly.
>>
I just didn't really have fun with this gane. It's not deep enough in terms of enemy variety, gun types, environments etc like Gears of War. It's not really a CUHRAZY game either, since melee and the boost mechanics are too gimped to actually do anything CUHRAZY
>>
>>379274553
Sliding up to a bunch of romanovs, taking one out with a point blank shotgun blast from the back, making its explosion damage the other romanovs near him and then taking out the rest with a melee attack isn't crazy enough for you?
>>
>>379274763
Melee attacks feel like shit in this game. They drain your entire stamina bar and leave you in the middle of the field to get peppered by all the enemies
>>
>>379275156
As with a lot of things in this game, it's something you have to plan. If you just want to stumble your way into something "cuhrazy" then you're out of luck but if you know the limits of the suits and build a plan you can pull off some very fun stunts.
>>
>>379275349
Not really. This game can't decide if it wants to be a cover shooter or a DMC-like and flops miserably at both.

I liked the visual design, but that's it.
>>
>>379274553
Vanquish demands that you play it a certain way to have fun with it. I feel like a lot of people didn't take advantage of the games speed and treated it like a typical tps and didn't try to pull off any unique set-ups or use all the tools available to make the game less about rolling from chest high wall to chest high wall.
>>
File: tumblr_lkisl73yTO1qgbvnfo1_500.gif (483KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lkisl73yTO1qgbvnfo1_500.gif
483KB, 500x375px
>>379273034
>tfw you'll never get Vanquish's platinum trophy
>>
>>379275518
What are you talking about? It's nothing like DMC at all and not trying to be like it, it's just a fast paced stylish third person shooter in the vein of Max Payne, just with more variety of melee attacks and hidden techniques. The only times it feels anything like GoW is on God Hard, hard mode and below let you play without using cover at all.
>>
>>379275156
They don't feel like shit they feel great.
Yeah draining your boost bar sucks, but you can do it when it's at the bottom and get the same attack off, or do the kick into the air and still slow down time.
So long as your not on God hard or do them constantly you can get away with it.
>>
File: 1486577539625.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486577539625.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>379275834
>>379273034
>ywn be this much of a quitter
>>
>>379274553
It doesn't sound like you played it, considering you're avoiding specifics about the game and focusing on other games instead. At least watch some youtube videos if you're going to shit on it.
>>
>>379275978
I think another problem is that people expect it to hand them stylish looking combat right away instead of working for it. You mention unique set ups but it doesn't sound like the anon you're replying to even bothered setting anything up and just spammed melee attacks mindlessly and then got annoyed because the game punished it. If you actually think about how you're using grenades, learn the enemies and their kinks, learn how your different attacks work, learn the levels and get comfortable with the various weapons you can do some very fun shit. But obviously that's nothing anyone will see on their first playthrough.
>>
>>379277315
was meant for this
>>379275567
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.