[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone praises the combat in this game, but imo 30fps and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
Everyone praises the combat in this game, but imo 30fps and the Souls engine hamstrings Bloodborne's combat extremely hard.

The added speed just highlights how much Souls is not meant to be the type of game Bloodborne wants to be.
>>
>>379269190
Nah m8.
Plays great.
I wish it was in 60fps too... But I can't even go back to the old games because of how shitty they play.
>>
Real talk, why does a game that performs poorly "feel" so good to play, where as DS3 on my PC playing at a solid 60 feel so much worse?
I'm a fanboy of neither, genuinely just confused. I can only think it has something to do with how dodges or I-frames are handled. By all accords BB should not feel as good sa it does.
>>
>>379269190
Of course it would of felt better, but the game play is still solid, and the story, environment, settings and characters were spot on. Honestly for the people who didn't play it the firs fortnight it came out, you missed out on one of the gems in this generation. The only comparable experience I've had with a refreshing take on old style formula was BotW.

I guess the first time people played Forza it was like that for them too.
>>
>>379269980
Animations in Bloodborne are made with 30fps in mind.
>>
>>379269980
DS3 performed the amazing feat of either starting with enemies that were BB-tier aggressive and crowbarring in roll spam while not actually touching swing speeds or anything OR doing the opposite and making enemies rollcatch and track you like a motherfucker because of how ridiculous rolling was.

It's a shitty midpoint between full on BB and traditional Souls and it suffers for it. Didn't like that part of the game one bit.
>>
>>379269190

fast combat worked in Nioh at 30fps
>>
>>379270841
Wait, there actually exist people who picked the 30fps option in Nioh?
>>
File: 1495479621357-2.jpg (334KB, 1024x526px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-2.jpg
334KB, 1024x526px
>>379269190
Bloodborne was a joke to play, why do you people go on about it all the time?

For a game that was lacking in any kind of challenge, it's surprising how you've all become so obsessed.

The game was painfully linear, the combat was repetitive, bog standard hack n slash bullshit and there was no story of music.

I went in blind and platinumed it in 10 days, never having played a Souls game before.

Pic related.
>>
>>379269980
From wanted to make Bloodborne. They were forced to make DS3 by (((Namco)))
>>
Part of me feels Bloodborne would have been better if it just ditched a lot of its RPG elements and just focused on being a better action game with customizability.

I think shit like the weapon upgrade system is just dumb.
>>
File: 1495479621357-1.jpg (365KB, 1024x583px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-1.jpg
365KB, 1024x583px
>>379271464
What fucking RPG elements? It had the least amount of RPG elements for a supposed RPG I've ever seen.

I platinumed it in 10 days.
>>
File: 1391284127376.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
1391284127376.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>379269190
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.