[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just... I just don't understand how you could hate them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16

File: nintendo-switch-review1.jpg (140KB, 1125x692px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch-review1.jpg
140KB, 1125x692px
I just... I just don't understand how you could hate them. I understand wagglan era, but why now? Is it Metroid? Don't worry, that's going to be announced during the Direct next week. Is it them taking down cringey fangames and btfoing YTbers? Good desu.

What will it take, /v/?
>>
I don't like most their ips. I find platformers boring and that's a decent chunk of what they offer. I'm considering getting a switch just for monhun just like I bought a 3ds and only own monhun games on it.
>>
>>379249151
howabout an actual console or an actual handheld instead of a shitty half-assed effort for once?
>>
>>379249352
How is it not an actual handheld?
>>
>>379249151
It launched with a mediocre port of a Wii U game instead of a Mario game. I buy Nintendo consoles to play Mario; give me Mario.
>>
I love Nintendo because I hate people who play video games. Nothing feels better to me that seeing the hoards of meme-spouting, anti-social, cringeworthy autists getting their adult diapers in a bunch over something they are not obligated to indulge in. Nintendo causes more assblast in this community than any other company, maybe even more than EA or Ubisoft. I don't play video games but if I did I'd play exclusively Nintendo games.
>>
>>379249151

>I just... I just don't understand how you could hate them.
When you spend a ten minute direct telling your fanbase how horrible and entitled they are for "not understanding your artistic vision" then I don't feel like giving them another chance.

>What will it take, /v/?
get some actual good games. That means games that focus purely on gameplay and NOTHING ELSE. No gay story garbage (that means Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Zelda, all out of the question). No casual trash (Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong). No multiplayer games, because I have enough of those to contend with (that means no arms or Splatoon). Most of all, NO PAYING FOR ONLINE.

It could be 0.01 pennies a year, and that would still be too much for their terrible quality garbage servers,
>>
>>379249151
It IS Metroid. I am a petty, miserable asshole and will not buy a switch until the series is redeemed, no matter what else comes out for it barring something ridiculous like a remastered dark souls collection.

So, never, is what I'm saying. Nintendo is doing a lot of things right lately but they still assraped and mismanaged the series I grew up with, so they can fuck off until they get it right.
>>
File: 12213123131312321.jpg (51KB, 316x263px) Image search: [Google]
12213123131312321.jpg
51KB, 316x263px
>>379249352
It's funny that "actual consoles" are the ones which show no innovation whatsoever. They're just low-level PCs with a custom OS. Do we really need one more of those on the market?

>actual handheld
Explain how the Switch isn't better than the DS, 3DS, Vita and PSP in terms of hardware.
>b-but PSP library
Name one PSP game which can even compete with BOTW

>half-assed effort
Which console do you consider to have been made using a whole ass? Consoles are about squeezing as much power out of as little resources as possible. If a company said "we're going to make an absolute powerhouse, no matter the cost!", you'd be boo-hooing over how your allowance doesn't cover the cost.

I've owned every Sony and Nintendo Handheld since the original Gameboy. The Switch, as a handheld, blows the competition out of the water. With ONE game. A game which isn't even exclusive to the system. You're an absolute moron if you think that's the result of a "half-assed effort".
>>
>>379251618

>BOTW
>good

Hah.
>>
>>379251618
Good post.
>>379251687
Shit post.
>>
File: polish-jerry.jpg (50KB, 513x600px) Image search: [Google]
polish-jerry.jpg
50KB, 513x600px
>>379251687
Oh my, what a convincing argument! You've earned your keep, my good sir, enjoy your (you)!
>>
>>379251850
>>379251752

Ay yo, hold up. Let me try and comprehend your arguments.

>The Ps4 has no games, game journos are wrong for liking them, Bloodborne and Uncharted are bad because Sony paid for reviews and anything with 90+ metacritic obviously is a movie that sony paid for positive press

>Zelda comes out, gets higher scores
>"well, um, they're right this time. Game journos no longer have bad taste, all hail kotaku and gamespot!"

Someone explain this line of thinking to me.
>>
>>379249151
>I understand wagglan era, but why now?
They're trying to bring back the wagglan era. Just look at Arms.
>>
>>379249151
I don't want to pay for my console to be portable and underpowered in comparison to the competition.

I refused to take the Wii U gamepad into the price consideration, because I didn't see it as a value. Ditto for the Switch and its screen/portability.

I don't care for the Joycons, and I don't think that the Pro controller is worth the price they are asking.

I value the Switch at 100 dollars, and the Pro controller is worth 50. When I can purchase a switch with a pro controller for 150 dollars, I will consider the price to be right. Then, I'll just need a half dozen games to make it worth it, and I'm not interested in 3D mario, not interested in arms, not interested in a new Splatoon or Mario Kart or Smash Bros, and not interested in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. As someone with a Wii U (got it at the price I valued it at), I'm not interested in BotW, either, as I already have it.

So include the pro controller, cut the price of the console in half, and start releasing games that I care about, but can't get for the PS4, PS3, Vita, 3DS, or Wii U.
>>
>>379251972
>Let me try
try again. you missed this guys >>379251618 point entirely
>>
File: 1489349317735.png (75KB, 1307x472px) Image search: [Google]
1489349317735.png
75KB, 1307x472px
>>379251972
But a lot of games journalists do have shit taste still, it's just that the majority aren't completely retarded.

TLOU is not a bad game, it is the perfect "cinematic game". Reviewers rate it on those terms. Nobody argued Bloodborne was bad, they argued that it was 1 single game released over a span of 3 years worth owning a PS4 for. Zelda released ON LAUNCH with the Switch, and the Switch will have 5+ big budget 1st party titles in its first year.

You're conflating multiple arguments that have nothing to do with each other.
>>
File: 1495700458241.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1495700458241.png
29KB, 741x568px
>>379251972
It was even funnier when the nintenbros vascillitated a million times about the same publication:

>Horizon get a 9 from IGN
FUCK IGN, PAID REVIEWS, IT'S SHIT, IT'S SHIT
>The Switch itself gets a 6 from IGN
YEAH FUCKING RIGHT, WOW, MIGHT AS WELL BE CALLED "IGN BY SONY™" FUCKING PAID SHILLS WHAT THE FUCK
>BotW gets a 10 from IGN
IGN GAVE IT A 10 (TEN) OUT OF 10, MOTHERFUCKER, IT'S P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N. GAME OF THE DECADE? GAME OF THE DECADE! NINTENDO ALWAYS WINS BABY!
>>
>>379249151
I hate them because I fell for the Wii U scam.
>>
>>379249151
What about the games?
I get nintendo will forever be only shitty hardware but what about the games?
They don't care and that is why we have stuff like Mario x Rabbits that there is no reason to exist. Bet you Nintendo beg alot to Ubisoft for that.
>>
>>379252283
Completely off topic, but I consider the original NieR to be game of the decade thus far.
>>
>>379252025
>I value the Switch at 100 dollars, and the Pro controller is worth 50
Because you're a fucking retard who doesn't actually know anything about market value of electronics. Besides the fact that the Switch is still running what is the LATEST mass producible chipset usable, they are literally competing with the likes of Apple for parts and screens. The Switch is not worth "just" $100, even if pure manufacturing costs are that low (and they aren't).
>>
File: you'd imply wrong.png (1MB, 1012x1052px) Image search: [Google]
you'd imply wrong.png
1MB, 1012x1052px
>>379252235

>the majority aren't completely retarded.

Congratulations, this is the most incorrect statement I have ever heard in my 10 years here.
>>
>>379252420
>Because you're a fucking retard who doesn't actually know anything about market value of electronics. Besides the fact that the Switch is still running what is the LATEST mass producible chipset usable, they are literally competing with the likes of Apple for parts and screens. The Switch is not worth "just" $100, even if pure manufacturing costs are that low (and they aren't).

Indeed. But I don't value the portable aspect of it, so the fact that they are sinking money into portable components doesn't matter to me. I will treat what they are using as non-portable, because, to me, it may as well be. Just like the screen. I don't argue that the screen costs Nintendo money. But that value, to me, is worth 0 dollars, because I will never use it.

Hopefully I have now conveyed that while I admit that what Nintendo is offering costs them money, that I do not factor things I will not use into MY valuation of the console.
>>
>>379252383
You realize Nintendo has absolutely no hand in the development for Mario x Rabbids because Ubisoft approached them about the game, right?
>>
>>379252396
Nope.

>Comfy kusoge with abysmal everything and a sub-visual novel tier plot that people think is deep because it has "feels" and ties into another kusoge made by the same guy

Actual game of the decade contenders? DOOM, Rabi-Ribi, Titanfall 2, New Vegas, Alien Isolation, Bayonetta 2, Bloodborne, etc.

Nier is one of the most overrated underrated games of all time.
>>
>>379252576
Your valuation is completely irrelevant to what the Switch should actually be sold for. What exactly are you trying to prove by saying that you just want Nintendo to copy what Sony and Microsoft are doing? That's completely irrelevant, and it's not going to happen.
If a product doesn't appeal to you, that's fine. You don't need to make up arbitrary monetary values that you assign to a product's attributes to justify yourself.
>>
>>379252706
>Nope
I don't care about your opinion regarding my own.
>>
>>379252025
man you are a tool
>>
>>379252480
Based on what, exactly? A few key disagreements in score by a few reviewers and the denizens of /v/ does not the majority opinion make, in both population and in terms of score majority.
>>
>>379252748
>Your valuation is completely irrelevant to what the Switch should actually be sold for.
I never said it was.
What exactly are you trying to prove by saying that you just want Nintendo to copy what Sony and Microsoft are doing? That's completely irrelevant, and it's not going to happen.
I never stated that, but my response was to answer the OP's question, specifically:
>What will it take, /v/?
I explained what it would take for me to purchase the console, which is why my post linked to the OP.
>>
>>379252752
Your opinion is redditor weeb-tier and baseless though.
>>
>>379252818

>Based on what, exactly?
>>
>>379252761
Let me finish that sentence for you.

>Man, you are a tool for not purchasing a piece of hardware for a price you find fair and acceptable based on the features you will use. You should still factor in features you won't use to the price, and be willing to pay whatever they ask. I am posting this from my touchscreen Alienware laptop that I paid 3,000 dollars for, so that I could use 4chan and Microsoft Word.
>>
>>379249151
Do these things even exist? I've ordered mine a month ago, and I'm still waiting for the store to restock them.
>>
>>379252892
See my previous response, regarding your opinion on my opinion.
>>
>>379252938
I'm sorry, what's the game being reviewed here?
>>
>>379252841
That's not saying what it will take for you to buy a Switch, you're saying you want a completely different product. Making up market values only obfuscates your point.
>>
>>379253065

Every single AAA game and indie game made by a pretentious californian hipster, that's what.
>>
>>379253228
So nothing? There are basically almost zero AAA titles made in California.
>>
File: 1426379223747.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1426379223747.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>379253395

Yeah okay man. game journos aren't paid off, and they definitely value gameplay over all else. My mistake.
>>
>>379253138
I'm not against purchasing a Switch. But in order for me to do so, it will require it to hit the price I find acceptable for the technology I want to use. Just because I want a TV doesn't mean I'm going to pay more because it includes features I don't want, like 4K, Smart features or PiP. If only 4k Smart TVs with PiP are available, then I don't buy a new TV until they hit the price point I find acceptable.
>>
>>379253456
Except nobody claimed that reviewers only value gameplay. That's only the requirements of a few autists on /v/, one of them being you, ACfag.
>>
>>379250929
what games coming out on any hardware are like
go play topdickle cheese you piece of shit that wasn't a casual game it was a well made platformer with tough bosses level variety and optional content
>>
>>379249151
It's pretty expensive with its design if you consider all the must have accessories. But I can look past that, it's mainly nintendos lack of online and third party. From a pc and Xbox gamer I'm used to these being a given. It's so basic and having played quake and Starcraft in the 90s it's expected in 2017. Their headset I saw from hori showed they have no idea what they are doing in this area still. Nintendo is first a Japanese company and I realize online is more a western thing. I love local multiplayer but I can have both on many other areas.

I own an nes, snes, n64. I don't see the point getting anything past that when this trend happened. I know n64 started it but it does have a few must haves and still great ips

I dunno man, if you don't care about online and love first party Nintendo then the switch seems great. But still expensive
>>
>>379253735
Well you have plenty of time to change your mind. The only lacking part of Switch online right now is voice chat. Lobby systems and servers will be paid for with the $20. The whole reason they're delaying paid online to next year is because of fan backlash, so they want to properly plan out what online will be and how it will work. At the very least, the $20 price tag is solidified, so we won't be overpaying once the service comes out.
>>
>>379253602

>Except nobody claimed that reviewers only value gameplay.
I'm pretty sure you imply that when you say this:
>it's just that the majority aren't completely retarded.
You know damn well that they ARE completely retarded. Who else blindly bought up consoles like the Ps4 even when it had zero games to its library? 60 million people, that's who. The same masses who defended sub-30 FPS as a "feature". The same people who hated on other consoles having pay2play online, but then bend over backwards to justify it with their console.

I'm sorry anon, but those "masses" don't value gameplay. They'd rather just watch a pretty movie.

>>379253634

Take this guy's example. By your metric, Donkey kong was a mediocre game because it got a lower metacritic score than Horizon or Uncharted. Do you say that game journos were wrong and were "too casual" to enjoy it? Or do you glorify them as saints who can't be wrong? Or will you try pulling the "broken clock" defense, as if you are the only arbiter who's allowed to decide when and where they are accurate in their reviews? Pick your poison, it won't change the outcome.
>>
File: 1496099735925.jpg (56KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
1496099735925.jpg
56KB, 600x505px
>>379251687
S0nygers still ass blasted over BotW. I love it.
>>
File: sonic_shrug.jpg (15KB, 290x218px) Image search: [Google]
sonic_shrug.jpg
15KB, 290x218px
>>379249151
I've always preferred Sonic to Mario and pretty much hate everything nintendo
>>
>>379249151
>Is it Metroid? Don't worry, that's going to be announced during the Direct next week.
No it isn't.
>>
File: 1477527922467.gif (2MB, 410x231px) Image search: [Google]
1477527922467.gif
2MB, 410x231px
>>379253938

>the same person saying that Uncharted, TLOu and Horizon are overrated cinematic movie-games
>is a sonybro
>>
>>379254059
It it's an Ape Escape fG
>>
>>379251618
>handheld
>can't even fit in your pocket
>paid online
>better
lul
>open world shit
>remarkable
The fact that you have to shill this shitty tablet daily says all I need to know about it.
>>
>>379253859
The merits of "moviegames" compared against gameplay centric titles is a debate that is still unsettled. I prefer a focus on gameplay. That doesn't mean cinematic titles don't have their place. Regardless, that's irrelevant to the point: Reviewers reviewed your example, TLOU, on the merits of what they believed to be a good cinematic story game. The did not judge it based on the metric of a platformer, an RPG, etc. Whether or not you think these types of games deserve good scores at all is not relevant to how they rate games in that category.

Breath of the Wild is clearly more focused on exploration, open world traversal, and combat/puzzle solving. It is thus reviewed and judged based on those metrics by reviewers.
Both games, judged by their perceived categories and metrics, weighted against other titles in their groups as well as all other games, were found to be "exceptional" experiences. And TLOU does indeed have great mass appeal. This, you cannot deny.
>>
>>379249151
/v is populated by clueless kiddies who know nothing. It's a genuine embarrassment reading this board.
>>
I think my only problem is old games being sold at a markup just because its a new platform.
>>
>>379253138
I think he's in the camp I am. I can take or leave all the things driving the price up like the joycons and portability but it isn't worth paying for em because it's not something I'm particularly looking for in a list of must haves.

I think the Wii U did the same thing. I didn't care about the extra screen, I know that was keeping the price up. It just never became worth it. $300 was the lowest it got? It still isn't going anywhere but up now that it's discontinued.
>>
File: 1424921854037.png (196KB, 342x359px) Image search: [Google]
1424921854037.png
196KB, 342x359px
>>379249151
I don't hate Nintendo.

But the more time passes, the more I notice that the hardcore Nintendo fans are the most immature man-children of the people I know. Granted, people that game aren't all devoid of this sin, but when you have a grown ass mid 20s guy getting wet over a game about squid and paint, amiibos, or their highlight at parties is when they are playing smash, it is just obvious Nintendo isn't targeted at my age.

Think of how people see bronies. It's not the same level of depravity, but it can come close in some cases.

It will always have a place, but in nostalgia and the past.
>>
>>379254205
Here's the issue I take with this sentiment. How do you know what you want? Everything I see gamers say they want is from what they're "used to" and "comfortable with". Gamers are some of the least willing and least adaptable groups of consumers I've ever seen.
Why is it so difficult to accept the idea of a more precise, engaging rumble? Why is it a terrible idea to have controllers that can split apart and rest half in each hand, so you have complete motion? Why isn't gyro sensing, something proven to be the closest controller equivalent to mouse, not important?
It's like saying you don't want a lightbulb because candles and torches are better, since they provide direct heating.
>>
>>379253841
The only part lacking is communication? This is again just so basic. You have to understand online without good communication is nearly worthless. The whole point is social gaming and teamwork. What would wow or other online games be like without being able to communicate? I've made friends and met them in real life after talking to friends online in games like wow.

There needs to be less barriers and easy communication with online. Unified games under one game name and talking like gamespy, steam, Xbox live, psn are all established standards.

Splatoon 1 for instance would be like a 9/10 with easy voice chat. It has non, I don't even know if I can give it like a 5/10, it's incomplete.

Again I understand I'm not Japanese and being western online is a thing. I know why Nintendo doesn't internet but growing up in the 90s with online gaming, it's a standard thing. Don't put it in Zelda but if you do online do it correctly.
>>
>>379252651
this has to be one of the stupidest posts today
and we had two battleborn threads today
>>
>>379254561
I understand what you mean, and yes, online voice chatting has been a staple done right for years.
But like I said, Nintendo delayed the service for an entire year for a reason. They want time to adapt and create a service with feedback from fans and consumers. I'm sure they'll have worked something better out by the time the paid service actually rolls out; they already changed the terrible "1 month NES game rental" system to a permanent Netflix-style NES game subscription included with your online.
>>
File: medic.png (1MB, 1649x940px) Image search: [Google]
medic.png
1MB, 1649x940px
>>379254154

>That doesn't mean cinematic titles don't have their place.
>even though their entire point is a detriment to the medium

>TLOU is a good cinematic game
>even though it has the most juvenile plot, terrible pacing, and gameplay segments that often result in mashing X as fast as possible to fight braindead enemy AI

>TLOU has great mass appeal
>when it has less than a 5% attach rate
>>
>>379254463

>Why isn't gyro sensing, something proven to be the closest controller equivalent to mouse, not important?
Because as someone who uses a keyboard and mouse, I don't want "the closest equivalent." I want perfection, the exact same thing. Asking me to lower my standards for a subpar control scheme makes me vomit as a paying customer. How about YOU, as a company, raise your standards and enable KBM integration?I don't care if it "doesn't make it portable" throw out that feature and focus on better gameplay and performance. There's a reason why the PC is still the king of the mountain.
>>
From the handheld perspective, the Switch is brilliant, from the console perspective, the switch is fairly weak. I have a feeling if/when i get one i'd use it primarily as a handheld.

I can easily see a Tegra X2/X3 model being announced in 2018 though.
>>
>>379254463
I know what I want because I know a mouse and keyboard or a normal controller controls the games well. Every attempt I've seen at motion for example is worse then pressing buttons on a mouse or controller and just plain doesn't work as well.

There's a point where it's different for different sake and not different because it works better. Nintendo does this a lot where it's not better but it's different.

Plus, just think of you being a company and making a game for as many systems as possible for as many sales as possible. Having Nintendo being the oddball means you have to redesign the game so much different and put more time in it, it's usually not worth it. For gamers this means if you only had a Nintendo console you'd just be missing out on games. Every other platform pc, Sony, Xbox has a way bigger library.

In the end I care about playing games, the hardware is just what I'm playing them on, I don't need that to limit what games I play.
>>
>>379254671
Yeah I mean, I guess I'm just saying we all know what each hardware choice does best and it's hard for em to change.

You buy what you know they do well and I doubt Nintendo will ever be online like a pc or even other consoles. But ya know the others don't create polish like Nintendo first party games either so that's their strength.

It's all pros and cons and it just happens nintendo isn't hitting my check boxes lately
>>
>>379254780
Because then Blizzard bans people playing Overwatch on PS4 with KBM for having an advantage.
>>
>>379255160

And that's their fault for not including a KBM with every copy. Or better yet, that's the reason why you don't put a shooter ona console in the first place.
>>
>>379254463
>Why is it so difficult to accept the idea of a more precise, engaging rumble?
It adds literally nothing to gameplay
>>
>>379252025
$100 is a crazy price to attach to it. Even ignoring the portability, it's not $200 less a console than the PS4, and shaving off the portability would not cut the price by $200. It's still a console with significantly higher capability than a PS3.

Purchasing things based on the value you see in them is a good thing, but the price point you're imagining is a fantasy.
>>
>>379254463
I am 31 years old. I know what I want, and what I'm willing to pay it. Why do you think I should take a leap of faith every time an advertiser tells me I should buy something? Because I might be wrong about what I like?
>>
>>379254205
I got my Wii U plus 2 games for 200. All of a sudden, the Wii U was an acceptable price.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.