[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wake up >"E-Sports" still exist >"Competitive"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1416822418554.jpg (71KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
1416822418554.jpg
71KB, 313x382px
>Wake up
>"E-Sports" still exist
>"Competitive" gaming still exists
>Companies still try to pander to this shit
When is this "Competitive e-sport" bubble going to finally pop
>>
it's already popped, what you're seeing now is geniune sustained interest in esports
>>
>>379246747
Why don't you tell us what's wrong with it?
>>
>>379246821
Because video games should be fun
>>
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>379246867
What if I'm having fun playing competitively?
>>
>>379246747

The esports bubble popped like 15 years ago.
>>
t. casual
>>
>>379246959
Then you should be killed. You shits were fine as a fringe group, but now video game companies pander to you, so games no longer have passion put into them, but rather competitive viability. This is a bad thing and you need to fuck off. Just my thoughts
>>
>>379247127
That's a problem in the industry in general you dumb nigger
>>
>>379247241
Fuck you. Wanting games to be """"""""""""""""""""""""""""competitive"""""""""""""""""" perpetuates it
>>
>>379247127
Actually, if companies wanted to pender to competitive players they would put more depth into the game, therefore more effort.
Just my thoughts though.
>>
>>379247127
you're fucking wrong

if a company panders exclusive to the competitive audience and ignores the casual audience, they'd completely fuck up their playerbase. this is why companies don't actually do this.

look at overwatch - it has a competitive scene, but balancing is based off of the casual base. the only company that possibly does this is valve with dota 2, but everybody that plays dota 2 is part of the competitive playerbase. you don't play dota 2 casually without putting a ton of hours in it to learn it.

also, very specific types of games are viable as esports. this doesn't happen to every game.
>>
>>379247301
What exactly is "wanting" games to be competitive? All the genres that were the ones that were competitive in the first place are the ones being pushed. I play fighting games and I certainly don't want them to be less competitive. I would like them to be good though which SFV isn't which is a shame it's the most pushed game. I get not like all the corporate behind this stuff but wanting competitive genres to not be competitive is just brain dead.
>>
>i play for fun :D

How to spot a mentally underdeveloped person
>>
>>379247558
It does not take a lot from a company to impress the crowd that love games to be """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""competitive"""""""""""""""""""""""
>>379247597
Overwatch sells on being """"Da next e-sport""" that all those cool gooks in Koreatown play for 20 hours a day
>>379247641
Games should be fun.
>>379247729
You deserve death
>>
Haven't seen a post this retarded or delusional in a long time.

good laugh.
>>
>>379247843
Fuck you.
>>
File: 1496647017549.png (159KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1496647017549.png
159KB, 872x632px
>>379247301
>>379247781
>multiple quotation marks meme
>>
>>379247071
this
it's all progression grinding now

the reason mmos have faded away is because they put the progression and ranking up elements under the name of "competitive matchmaking ladders"
>>
>>379247781
You don't get what that anon is saying. Games labeled and marketed as "e-sports" are still not made for competitive play in mind. MOBAs and shit like Overwatch are designed for the casual player in mind 100%. There would be far less forgiving mechanics and more clear skill gaps if it was made to actually be competitive. Do you honestly think most hardcore players want comeback mechanics in their games? No, but it helps give shit players a chance to taste victory and gets those "hype" moments on twitch.
>>
>>379248063
Anything can be competitive, and that's the problem, I can't seem to get rid of it. Games should operate in this way and this way only: You purchase a game, you play it casually (the only way games were meant to be played), and when it runs out of fun things to offer you, you stop playing. But """competive" players don't do this, they just keep going because hey man its """""""""""""competitive"""""""""""""
>>
>>379248279
0/10
>>
>I'm the only expert on what games should be
>everone else is wrong
>>
>>379248984
OP here; yes, you have said it perfectly
>>
>>379247781
>>>379247597 (You)
>Overwatch sells on being """"Da next e-sport""" that all those cool gooks in Koreatown play for 20 hours a day

good job evading all of the fucking points i've made you fucking retard cunt
>>
>>379246747
It's fine if you're not a competitive person, but don't get mad at people that enjoy it. Fighting games are great, and you would probably enjoy them if you were so awful at them and or an anxiety riddled bitch boy.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.