[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the ideal fighting game to introduce someone to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: fighting_roster.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fighting_roster.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
What would be the ideal fighting game to introduce someone to the genre?

I was thinking either SFIV or Smash Bros but this is entirely as someone coming in from the outside. How does stuff like BlazBlue/Guilty Gear/King of Fighters compare?
>>
Smash bros is so different from other fighting games that it'd be useless for that.
>>
>>379243092
what would you recommend instead anon?
>>
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
>>
>>379242614
smash bros is not a fighting game. sfv or tekken are your best choices.
>>
Traditional: Third Strike
Modern: Street Fighter 5
Platform: Melee
Anime: Any GG is okay, really, they are probably not going to like them as their first though
Tag-team: KOF 13
3D: Tekken 7
Marvel: Marvel
>>
>>379242614
Depends on which series you're actually interested in getting into. It's best just to jump into the latest entry of said series so you can learn all the new mechanics and match-ups from the get-go. Don't be afraid of hopping online and losing a ton. It's how you learn the quickest.
>>
>>379242614
>Smash Bros

Not a fighting game.
>>
>>379242614
Either any Street Fighter game (preferrably the older ones which had less subsystems and a slower pace) or Tekken. Injustice 2 might even be good for casuals since, even if they suck and aren't too interested in the actual combat, all the other content will at least keep them interested enough to stay and invest time which might build interest in other fighters.

If they don't really want to invest time at all, then hand them Smash or Power Stone.
>>
>>379245772
This but I also throw in Pokken Tournament as well. It's much less technical than any other fighting game and has simpler mechanics. Fantastic game to try out if you're just getting into fighters.
>>
File: 1475724038676.jpg (42KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1475724038676.jpg
42KB, 377x326px
>>379242614
Street Fighter IV is a great starting point as you can just pick up the controller and feel like you're doing something while allowing to keep growing with a relatevely high skill ceiling that rewards your improvements.
I think it's a great game to start as it teaches a little bit of everything.

Street Fighter V is a little too limited and favors certain playstyles too much. Street Fighter III is fantastic, but I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner as it takes a lot of practice to just feel like you're playing the game. Street Fighter II might feel a little to old and clunky to a newcomer.

I think IV is a great place to start. But at the end, the best place to start is the game the person wants to play. Because getting into fighting games requires grinding practice and that's easier if you like the game.
>>
Street Fighter 4
>>
>>379245648
>>379245772
>recommending SFV
>ever
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.